Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

I don't think there is another CS kit out there in your budget most kits are 50/50 and need to be modded by purchasing pulleys to achieve CS even the overpriced kits sell the CS parts as options

Ok eunique here is my prototype KPI mod using cut down D3 arms and MST knuckles

Last edited by pickled; 11-19-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pickled
I don't think there is another CS kit out there in your budget most kits are 50/50 and need to be modded by purchasing pulleys to achieve CS even the overpriced kits sell the CS parts as options

Ok eunique here is my prototype KPI mod using cut down D3 arms
Whats it like through the suspension travel, any binding? Nice work btw
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SkR8Pn
Whats it like through the suspension travel, any binding? Nice work btw
pretty much the same from just moving the suspension arms up and down. I have only just cut it up and put it together so I haven't even adjusted the ride height or camber yet there is a bit of binding but I'm thinking of using the bearings that came with the zero tension post as I'm using an idler pulley anyway.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok eunique here is my prototype KPI mod using cut down D3 arms
whoa!!!! good job bro! looks like u didn't even need any other parts from other kits...just cut down arms and knuckles from the D3? add some ball ends and links?

I'm excited to try out. let me know if u feel a big difference driving it
Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
whoa!!!! good job bro! looks like u didn't even need any other parts from other kits...just cut down arms and knuckles from the D3? add some ball ends and links?

I'm excited to try out. let me know if u feel a big difference driving it
the knuckles are the MST ones we ordered I've tested it quickly without setting it up properly and it seems to switch direction much easier I used 2 of the 10x15x4 bearings out of the yeah racing kit to act as collars on the inside of the knuckles the 5x10x4 bearings sit inside those
Old 11-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

pretty much the same from just moving the suspension arms up and down. I have only just cut it up and put it together so I haven't even adjusted the ride height or camber yet there is a bit of binding but I'm thinking of using the bearings that came with the zero tension post as I'm using an idler pulley anyway.
Thats great, i'm eager for my chassis to get here so i can start chopping
Old 11-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Initiate

well it depends do you want a front motor? if you do this is probably the best budget front motor out there.
I have a Sakura Zero S. I have been trying to drift this car with a 50/50 Setup on carpet. This has been... Not a great experience with the stock setup and a newbi drifter. I have been looking to convert the zero s to a CS car, but as the others on my local track run mostly touring this havent been done.

I now want to buy a new car for CS drift. Should I go for the D3 or the Zero? What would be the big difference between a front engine and a center engine? I guess the D3 will have a rear end that is easyer to "come out", but would also understeer more?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Anthias
I have a Sakura Zero S. I have been trying to drift this car with a 50/50 Setup on carpet. This has been... Not a great experience with the stock setup and a newbi drifter. I have been looking to convert the zero s to a CS car, but as the others on my local track run mostly touring this havent been done.

I now want to buy a new car for CS drift. Should I go for the D3 or the Zero? What would be the big difference between a front engine and a center engine? I guess the D3 will have a rear end that is easyer to "come out", but would also understeer more?
the person yo talk to about the zero is eunique he has a CS'd modded zero.

the D3 needs a FOW and that really helps with understeer the rear end does indeed come out easier lol the difference between the front engine and a centre engine is weight displacement the weight over the front wheels helps keep them planted and the less weight over the rear helps them slide lol
Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Initiate

the person yo talk to about the zero is eunique he has a CS'd modded zero.

the D3 needs a FOW and that really helps with understeer the rear end does indeed come out easier lol the difference between the front engine and a centre engine is weight displacement the weight over the front wheels helps keep them planted and the less weight over the rear helps them slide lol
Yes, that was my toughts also about the weight displacement. And the oneway fix the understeer, great! Is there then any bad sides to have a front engine?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Anthias
Yes, that was my toughts also about the weight displacement. And the oneway fix the understeer, great! Is there then any bad sides to have a front engine?
I think front engine is the best setup for drifting a lot a manufacturers are starting to release front engine chassis' now as they drift really well.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Guys I am having a big problem, when I got the kit I also got the one way and I just finished building the car and all and when I hit accelerate the rear tires more forward but the front don't but when I hit reverse all 4 wheels move I switched the one way around about 5 times and still getting the same thing how the heck do I assemble this one way lol.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kuyamark
Guys I am having a big problem, when I got the kit I also got the one way and I just finished building the car and all and when I hit accelerate the rear tires more forward but the front don't but when I hit reverse all 4 wheels move I switched the one way around about 5 times and still getting the same thing how the heck do I assemble this one way lol.

Thanks
ok take it apart again look at the bearings

the arrow turns anti-clockwise toward the front
the centre diagram is what you should follow if your using the SAK-D324 put the spacer in, if your using the SAK-59/V2 leave the spacer out and use the solid axle screws
you can't go wrong if you follow the diagram.
when you have it re-assembled the one way appears to only spin forward when you spin them by hand but when powered they free spin when the throttle is released.

Last edited by pickled; 11-20-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

hey guys sorry i have not been on here for a bit been very busy and sick

as for my d3 its just sitting but i have more parts in for it im just not adding them on till all the parts come in as i have 2 d3 and need to do both of them
other them that im not doing any crazy mods to them anymore only 3 racing upgrades and for the cs im not changing it as i have gotten use to running the car with it on my new bigger lay out

Originally Posted by twisted concept
Hey TD-civ where did you order your parts? Did you order them locally or overseas?

Are the stock yellow sparkle rims a 9mm offset? Im looking for the best offsets for a yokomo style body

im a 3racing dealer now so i order right from them

the wheels are 7mm
Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by td-civ
hey guys sorry i have not been on here for a bit been very busy and sick

as for my d3 its just sitting but i have more parts in for it im just not adding them on till all the parts come in as i have 2 d3 and need to do both of them
other them that im not doing any crazy mods to them anymore only 3 racing upgrades and for the cs im not changing it as i have gotten use to running the car with it on my new bigger lay out

im a 3racing dealer now so i order right from them

the wheels are 7mm

hey how are ya hope your feelin better now. sorry to do this to you again but the yellow standard rims that come with the kit are WH-24/FY and according to the 3racing site are 5mm offset.
Saw one of your vids on modding a spectrum, very good. could see your face reflected in the screen.

just opened my D3 oneway the instructions are backwards to a zero oneway. So I think there is a miss print the oneway has to go in with the arrow side on the right when looking from the front to get the correct orientation. the "no" image is actually the correct way

Last edited by pickled; 11-20-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

hey how are ya hope your feelin better now. sorry to do this to you again but the yellow standard rims that come with the kit are WH-24/FY and according to the 3racing site are 5mm offset.

just opened my D3 oneway the instructions are backwards to a zero oneway. So I think there is a miss print the oneway has to go in with the arrow side on the right when looking from the front to get the correct orientation.
my first kits came with 7mm and i dont know if your right or not as i never open the other ones from my orther kit as i never used them or mounted them

so if there 5mm cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.