3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eunique
Went for a practice session at the LHS drift track yesterday...dropped down my FDR to 6.46 with 100t spur and 28t 64 pitch gears. Found more improvements since some of the big sweeping elevation turns allows me to go faster as I drift up the elevation and avoid hitting the inner rails.

...now starting to have even more fun with my D3 during practice sessions
:-)
What kinda motor are you running? Sounds like some fun!

Also can anyone explain from experience what changing the cs ratio will do from a handling/performance perspective?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Rookie

What Springs are you guys running??
Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi lads,has anybody manage to find a better quality front belt for this car ? I've gone thru my fifth front 138t belt yesterday.
I have tried all different tensions on it,it's just simply a shit quality belt.
Anyone manage to find a carbon Kevlar kind of belt ?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana
Hi lads,has anybody manage to find a better quality front belt for this car ? I've gone thru my fifth front 138t belt yesterday.
Hi
I've read a guide on Driftmission that recommends Tamiya aramid belts
it says they resist streching, never try'ed it myself as I didnt build my car yet
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by saturnv7890
What kinda motor are you running? Sounds like some fun!

Also can anyone explain from experience what changing the cs ratio will do from a handling/performance perspective?
Yes , definitely fun! I'm running an 8.5T sensored Hobbywing Xerun combo (120A ESC v2).

I dropped a little to 1.81 ratio...which makes it a little easier to handle and not spin out as much. Bt, I think as I get better...I will go back to stock 2.14 CS and have even better drift angles!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

I'm still using my first with the hopped up chassis. there has to be something wrong with your pulleys if it is getting chewed up all the time. do you have the FOW installed? did you use the FOW pulley? are you running alloy pulleys? which FOW did you install?(if you installed one, highly recommended upgrade) you could try fingertech belts

Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ
I'm running blue front and pink rear
and an 8.5T Yeah Racing hackmoto motor and Hobbywing Xerun V2.1 ESC
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

I have had my D3 since it first got released...I'm only on my 2nd belt...and I try to practice as much as I can. I use the 3racing belt....running an 8.5T motor, so it's plenty powerful...and I use 3racing alumium 13T pulley and Zero S Front One Way without the spacer.

Also, check to make sure nothing is binding and that both sides are equally tensioned by the position of the bearing adaptors and not tweaked
Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ
i got the 3racing D3 set of the optional springs...right now i am using the purple and blues...haven't tried out the others yet...but right now, with my fully hopped up D3, it is working very good and I am very happy with it.
...learning to drift better through practice.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Bugger.

Did the front and rear A Arms and then realised that I dont have my aluminium steering rack yet and cant do anymore.

Oh and FYI using either AE Black Grease or Losi Black Grease works well to grease the threads when screwing in to plastic.

So far.... no stripped heads!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Bugger.

Did the front and rear A Arms and then realised that I dont have my aluminium steering rack yet and cant do anymore.

Oh and FYI using either AE Black Grease or Losi Black Grease works well to grease the threads when screwing in to plastic.

lol I'd hate that cause I'd just want to assemble it all. good to know about the grease.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Bugger.

Yes...grease or any type of oil that does not disintegrate plastic will do. As long as the threads get lubricated, then they wont get stripped
Old 01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
lol I'd hate that cause I'd just want to assemble it all. good to know about the grease.
Well everything was shipped within 3 days of each other (except my Banzai Hobby order!!!!! No sexy green wheels for me )

So hopefully everything should get here today, then I can get into it tonight.

And be drifting on Australia Day!..... Mad.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Got more practice in today at LHS carpet drift track. Met someone there that helped me make more adjustments...and to my surprise, had to let the chassis kick out even more...contrary to what I initially thought to prevent spinning out. He showed me how to drift smoother and utilize the chassis to continue into the drift and let the D3 do the work

...and by doing so...steering input is minimal. A lot of the drifting is controlled by smooth delivery of throttle and more throttle. Releasing the trigger would induce the D3 to kick out and go into a transition and then more smooth throttle to continue the drift after the transition.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
Got more practice in today at LHS carpet drift track. Met someone there that helped me make more adjustments...and to my surprise, had to let the chassis kick out even more...contrary to what I initially thought to prevent spinning out. He showed me how to drift smoother and utilize the chassis to continue into the drift and let the D3 do the work

...and by doing so...steering input is minimal. A lot of the drifting is controlled by smooth delivery of throttle and more throttle. Releasing the trigger would induce the D3 to kick out and go into a transition and then more smooth throttle to continue the drift after the transition.
It would be good if they had a proper track here and people that knew how to drift cause at my LHS they all run 50/50 drift cars with 5.5T motors and have a race mentality. So none of them know how to CS and run on a grip track. it sucks
Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pickled
It would be good if they had a proper track here and people that knew how to drift cause at my LHS they all run 50/50 drift cars with 5.5T motors and have a race mentality. So none of them know how to CS and run on a grip track. it sucks
I know what you mean...Im pretty lucky I have one fairly close. There are lots of drifter here going 50/50...so I do see the race mentality going light speed around this track...but how smooth it looked when he tried out my D3 and showed me "finesse drifting"as he called it.
.and I started to see and get a feel for it. I almost felt like I was driving completely wrong with my D3 every since.
It's a whole different mentality...but it does look sweet. (Specially in full steering lock)
When I get better with finesse, I will make another video

Last edited by eunique; 01-25-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.