Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 01-19-2013, 01:27 PM
  #1201  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys, got a lil distracted as I have had Yokomo buggies and know the quality.

But seems like I got a fairly decent set of upgrades for the D3 and cant wait to start the build.

Unfortunately I need to wait for half a dozen packages first
Cloaked is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 PM
  #1202  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
nice job but from the look of those tires you had other ways of relieving boredom
haha, yea i love wheels/tires, i just can't settle with one set, i think i got like 30+ different wheel/tire setups

on a side note, has anyone got a fix for the front belt being worn out so fast, it only seems to last 2~3hrs of use and then it doesn't grip as well and clicks like crazy when on full throttle
kotar is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 PM
  #1203  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Question!!!
I got the Sakura D3 Pre-assembled car, with one way, belt tensioner and aluminum motor mount. Running a Hobbywing Xerun combo 13.5. The rest of the body is stock. I am getting a lot of wheel chatter when turning left or right and full throttle. I have retightened all of the screw in the front part of the car. Any Ideas what it could be????
Slushiest_MJ is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 PM
  #1204  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Just measured my car Spot.

I have 22ft x 10ft to play with... to make a semi permanent setup or I have like 60x80 ft to make a ad hoc trac with cones etc.


Allright so I was bored... and found a program called Trackmaker, it was originally designed for Mini Z cars but it works well enough to give basic outlines.

Now all of these tracks are 11x5 squares, IE: 2 feet/61cm per Square just under 2x the length of your average 1/10th scale car.

Now beginner tracks:

Figure 8


Big Corners


Technical tracks:

The Flyover & my Currnet Favourite






So whatcha think.
Cloaked is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:01 PM
  #1205  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Default

OOOO another Question, Beside upgrades that you buy, what else can I do to help improve this Sakura? Cause this CS is HARD. Wanting to just got back to my Fully Hopped Up 50/50 E10 LOL.
Slushiest_MJ is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 PM
  #1206  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ View Post
Question!!!
I got the Sakura D3 Pre-assembled car, with one way, belt tensioner and aluminum motor mount. Running a Hobbywing Xerun combo 13.5. The rest of the body is stock. I am getting a lot of wheel chatter when turning left or right and full throttle. I have retightened all of the screw in the front part of the car. Any Ideas what it could be????
From what I have read and what people have told me

3Racing SSK Driveshaft For Sakura XI/Sakura FF/Sakura Zero #SAK-X27

and

3Racing Aluminum Steering System For Sakura D3 #SAK-D310/PK

Should get rid of most or all of your chattering.

Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ View Post
OOOO another Question, Beside upgrades that you buy, what else can I do to help improve this Sakura? Cause this CS is HARD. Wanting to just got back to my Fully Hopped Up 50/50 E10 LOL.
Practice, you cant buy it though.
Cloaked is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 PM
  #1207  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Just measured my car Spot.

I have 22ft x 10ft to play with... to make a semi permanent setup or I have like 60x80 ft to make a ad hoc trac with cones etc.


Allright so I was bored... and found a program called Trackmaker, it was originally designed for Mini Z cars but it works well enough to give basic outlines.

Now all of these tracks are 11x5 squares, IE: 2 feet/61cm per Square just under 2x the length of your average 1/10th scale car.




So whatcha think.
You Drifting on Carpet or Smooth concrete? I'm all about the concrete, and there is no way i would be able to do any of that with this Sakura CS. New to all this CS Stuff
Slushiest_MJ is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 PM
  #1208  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ View Post
You Drifting on Carpet or Smooth concrete? I'm all about the concrete, and there is no way i would be able to do any of that with this Sakura CS. New to all this CS Stuff
Smooth Concrete.

And I am new to drifting in General.

Hell I dont even have my car yet, all my parts should arrive over the next 2 weeks.
Cloaked is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 PM
  #1209  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
From what I have read and what people have told me

3Racing SSK Driveshaft For Sakura XI/Sakura FF/Sakura Zero #SAK-X27

and

3Racing Aluminum Steering System For Sakura D3 #SAK-D310/PK

Should get rid of most or all of your chattering.



Practice, you cant buy it though.
Thanks man, Guess I'll be buying parts then.
Slushiest_MJ is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 PM
  #1210  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Smooth Concrete.

And I am new to drifting in General.

Hell I dont even have my car yet, all my parts should arrive over the next 2 weeks.
Awesome hope it gets there soon!

Think I'm going to take your first track and draw it out in chalk in my garage, and start practicing/breaking LOL
Slushiest_MJ is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 PM
  #1211  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ View Post
Awesome hope it gets there soon!

Think I'm going to take your first track and draw it out in chalk in my garage, and start practicing/breaking LOL
Thanks

Make the first track more rounded, its all I could do with the program I had.

Should be good practicing, use cones at each end as the points to drift around and then try and stay within your chalk drawings.

Thats my plan anyway.
Cloaked is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:51 AM
  #1212  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ View Post
Question!!!
I got the Sakura D3 Pre-assembled car, with one way, belt tensioner and aluminum motor mount. Running a Hobbywing Xerun combo 13.5. The rest of the body is stock. I am getting a lot of wheel chatter when turning left or right and full throttle. I have retightened all of the screw in the front part of the car. Any Ideas what it could be????
The chatter is due to The limitations of the stock CVDs...the least expensive way is to use Sakura XI SSKs which will give you the wider angles if used together with the aluminum steering.
But, even without the aluminum steering, it will get rid of the chatter.
eunique is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 01:01 AM
  #1213  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ View Post
OOOO another Question, Beside upgrades that you buy, what else can I do to help improve this Sakura? Cause this CS is HARD. Wanting to just got back to my Fully Hopped Up 50/50 E10 LOL.
CS is hard....and I initially thought the same and keep practicing on my 50/50 Zero S.
But the more you practice CS, the more rewarding it becomes...and it gets easier after a while. And now I am getting more comfortable with it....and loving CS more, to the point I don't use my 50/50 anymore and am now converting it to CS (on my Zero S, 1.79 CS).
So,now I am fully committed to CS drifting. No more 50/50 drifting....both of my drift cars are now CS.
Just keep practicing
eunique is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 AM
  #1214  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Thanks

Make the first track more rounded, its all I could do with the program I had.

Should be good practicing, use cones at each end as the points to drift around and then try and stay within your chalk drawings.

Thats my plan anyway.
I just chuck something round on the ground and drift around it then I throw something else on the ground and try doing figure 8's keeping close to the objects then I may put something else down in an "L" pattern do 8's and long drifts or circles and practice both directions
pickled is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 AM
  #1215  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by kotar View Post
haha, yea i love wheels/tires, i just can't settle with one set, i think i got like 30+ different wheel/tire setups

on a side note, has anyone got a fix for the front belt being worn out so fast, it only seems to last 2~3hrs of use and then it doesn't grip as well and clicks like crazy when on full throttle
I think you need to check how tight the front belt is? to tight can cause it and too loose can also do it remove the little silver screws in the bulk head and turn the bearing cover till the front belt deflect about 3-5mm when you push lightly on it then replace the screws. I'm not sure which direction to turn it as it depends on which way you installed the bearing covers
pickled is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.