Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 12-07-2012, 03:21 PM
  #781  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
look what just showed up...............(drum roll please!!!!)

2012-12-07 SAK-42 King Pin Post For 3racing Sakura Zero In Stock
2012-12-07 SAK-D113 Swing Shaft D44mm For Sakura D3 In Stock
(NOTE: these are NOT the WIDE angle ones!)
2012-12-07 SAK-D306/SG SSG Graphite Main Chassis For Sakura D3 In Stock
2012-12-07 SAK-D307/SG SSG Graphite Front Shock Tower For Sakura D3 In Stock
2012-12-07 SAK-D310/PK Aluminum Steering System For Sakura D3 New Arrival
Yeah but still no front bearing covers. You can't build the hopped up version without them, gonna make us wait till after Christmas cause even if they release them in the next week we won't get them till after Christmas unless we get EMS and that will cost more than the parts
pickled is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM
  #782  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Yeah but still not front bearing covers. You can't build the hopped up version without them, gonna make us wait till after Christmas cause even if they release them in the next week we won't get them till after Christmas unless we get EMS and that will cost more than the parts
That is true...the order I put in with Banzai...I went with EMS..ordered some nice wheels and more Tdrifts
eunique is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  #783  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

I painted this 86 shell for a friends kid but it turned out really pink cause I used iridescent purple/green on it before I painted the red but I didn't expect it to turn out this pink it's basically the same colour pink as the alloy parts. Now I'm thinking I might just get him another shell and keep this one for my SSG build?






This is with the flash
pickled is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
  #784  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Very, very nice...I love that GT86! I almost ordered that TT01 gt86 combo from rcmart, get the shell and components and sell off the kit....but just adds too much to shipping

Im jealous of that shell
eunique is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 PM
  #785  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
Very, very nice...I love that GT86! I almost ordered that TT01 gt86 combo from rcmart, get the shell and components and sell off the kit....but just adds too much to shipping

Im jealous of that shell
This is an rcMart Tamiya 86 shell but I ordered just the shell for like $32 plus all the other TT-01 parts as I just wanted to rebuild a TT-01 I already had which came with a VW scirroco body (ugly, ugly cars). I was thinking I might get one for the SSG anyway and it has plenty of room inside, So I think it will fit the chassis nicely
pickled is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:29 PM
  #786  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
This is an rcMart Tamiya 86 shell but I ordered just the shell for like $32 plus all the other TT-01 parts as I just wanted to rebuild a TT-01 I already had which came with a VW scirroco body (ugly, ugly cars). I was thinking I might get one for the SSG anyway and it has plenty of room inside, So I think it will fit the chassis nicely
Thats awesome!!! Thats the shell I might end up with..or some kind of Toyota....but thats what im leaning towards...I still have a while until I am way more able control drifting and not hitting the walls as much. I already broke off front lower lip of my Nissan S15 body.
eunique is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:34 PM
  #787  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
Thats awesome!!! Thats the shell I might end up with..or some kind of Toyota....but thats what im leaning towards...I still have a while until I am way more able control drifting and not hitting the walls as much. I already broke off front lower lip of my Nissan S15 body.
lol yeah I did the same to my R34 but I'm getting better too now I can avoid hitting things.
pickled is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 PM
  #788  
Tech Rookie
 
SkR8Pn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
I painted this 86 shell for a friends kid but it turned out really pink cause I used iridescent purple/green on it before I painted the red but I didn't expect it to turn out this pink it's basically the same colour pink as the alloy parts. Now I'm thinking I might just get him another shell and keep this one for my SSG build?
Better than any bodys i've done... nice work pickled!

If you get the chance mate can you tell me how wide the body is at the arches?
SkR8Pn is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 PM
  #789  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by SkR8Pn View Post
Better than any bodys i've done... nice work pickled!

If you get the chance mate can you tell me how wide the body is at the arches?
it's 188mm at the front and 189mm at the rear
I hate how masking tape allows the paint to bleed! I tried to scratch it off but it's still noticeable. I hope the kid doesn't mind pink lol. I want to do another but use a liquid mask and paint it the same colour.

Last edited by pickled; 12-07-2012 at 05:25 PM.
pickled is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:44 PM
  #790  
Tech Rookie
 
SkR8Pn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
it's 188mm at the front and 189mm at the rear
I hate how masking tape allows the paint to bleed! I tried to scratch it off but it's still noticeable. I hope the kid doesn't mind pink lol. I want to do another but use a liquid mask and paint it the same colour.
Thanks, Yeh I don't have much luck with bleeding either. I started using that 3M blue tape, works great. So good in fact that when I removed it paint came with it..... had a straight edge tho..lol
SkR8Pn is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 PM
  #791  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne, Au
Posts: 127
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

my build is off now. The Ali suspension mounts require pivot balls for the shaft ends. I never thought o order them and now I am having rouble finding the correct bits.
ozace is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM
  #792  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ozace View Post
my build is off now. The Ali suspension mounts require pivot balls for the shaft ends. I never thought o order them and now I am having rouble finding the correct bits.
3racing suspension balls for Zero S or Tamiya suspension balls work

http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-41502-...=595_1419_1566

Last edited by eunique; 12-07-2012 at 07:17 PM.
eunique is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:21 PM
  #793  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
3racing suspension balls for Zero S or Tamiya suspension balls work

http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-41502-...=595_1419_1566
lol that's funny I only mentioned those parts about a page ago. sorry ozace your the second person who's done this now! I ordered the tamiya ones in my last order from rcMart. how are you going to build it without the front bearing covers anyway?

Everyone when you install the alloy suspension mounts you need the pivot balls too!
pickled is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 PM
  #794  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
lol that's funny I only mentioned those parts about a page ago. sorry ozace your the second person who's done this now! I ordered the tamiya ones in my last order from rcMart. how are you going to build it without the front bearing covers anyway?

Everyone when you install the alloy suspension mounts you need the pivot balls too!
I haVent begun on my SSG build yet...but can't we use the plastic front bearing covers for now with the aluminum front bulkhead?
eunique is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:13 PM
  #795  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,328
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

well guys i think im going to sell my 2 d3's guys so if your looking to get one pm me
td-civ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.