Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 11-28-2012, 07:07 AM
  #721  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by twisted concept View Post
wicked! post pics when you can
nice...i might have to try that ratio out...i do have an aluminum pulley gear of that size that i have not tried yet...i have 22T, 21T, 20T and 18T.

plus small 13T and 14T for the center gears
eunique is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 AM
  #722  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

just got some new parts released!!!

2012-11-29 SAK-D306/SG (graphite chassis)
2012-11-29 SAK-D308/SG (rear shock tower)
2012-11-29 SAK-D320/A/SG (transverse short battery mounting)
2012-11-29 SAK-D320/SG (graphite battery tray)

http://os.3racing.hk/main.php

come on 3Racing...keep them coming. Even better, release all the hopups at the same time

Last edited by eunique; 11-29-2012 at 10:45 AM.
eunique is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
  #723  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

They also released the rear bulkhead
pickled is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
  #724  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
They also released the rear bulkhead
nice! i'll have to wait a little until they release more parts so i can make one other BIG order.
in the next couple weeks, we will probably be moving..so I can't place an order anyway

hopefully..most if not all will be available by the time i want to place another order.

got a little practice today after making some more minor adjustments..
reduced my rear camber to 2* negative and 1* toe in
and readjusted by front camber, toe and direction..it seemed to be pulling to the left prior to resetting my settings.
eunique is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:48 PM
  #725  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
nice! i'll have to wait a little until they release more parts so i can make one other BIG order.
in the next couple weeks, we will probably be moving..so I can't place an order anyway

hopefully..most if not all will be available by the time i want to place another order.

got a little practice today after making some more minor adjustments..
reduced my rear camber to 2* negative and 1* toe in
and readjusted by front camber, toe and direction..it seemed to be pulling to the left prior to resetting my settings.
I was going to order the parts for the inboard mod but now I have to get these new hop ups instead lol So I'm going to make a big order next week nearly 200 bucks too much money lol I was thinking of getting that combo with the reventon and the hackmoto damn
pickled is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 PM
  #726  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
I was going to order the parts for the inboard mod but now I have to get these new hop ups instead lol So I'm going to make a big order next week nearly 200 bucks too much money lol I was thinking of getting that combo with the reventon and the hackmoto damn
I know what you mean, my order 2 weeks ago was $250 and yesterday's was almost $300 and not including the new hop ups!!!
:-(

next order will probly be close to that again for the new hop ups
eunique is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:30 PM
  #727  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,420
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

The new D3 hopups are available at TQ

FYI, Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 PM
  #728  
Tech Rookie
 
HugolikaBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8
Default

Am still chasing heavier springs. Mine is so limp on stock springs the body roll does not correct itself back to flat, like it stays slightly rolled over to the side it just cornered.

Can anyone help me with the colour codes of the 3RACING springs?

this is a guess

Blue Color: (Hard)
Pink Color: (Medium)
Orange Color: (Soft)
Green softer
White softess ????


cant find this info anywhere on the net & i havent got a response from 3racing either.
HugolikaBoss is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 12:16 AM
  #729  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by HugolikaBoss View Post
Am still chasing heavier springs. Mine is so limp on stock springs the body roll does not correct itself back to flat, like it stays slightly rolled over to the side it just cornered.

Can anyone help me with the colour codes of the 3RACING springs?

this is a guess

Blue Color: (Hard)
Pink Color: (Medium)
Orange Color: (Soft)
Green softer
White softess ????


cant find this info anywhere on the net & i havent got a response from 3racing either.
I think you need to look at the thickness of the springs the purple are M1.4 so I reckon they are hard and the pink are M1.2 white are M1.1 so I think it goes the way your guessing but with purple as the hardest? and are either 8 coils or 9 coils
I just ordered purple and pink so when it gets here I'll let you know?
Ok here is what I think they range in hardness, from hard to soft

Purple M1.4 8 coil
Blue M1.3 8 coil
Pink M1.2 9 coil
Orange M1.2 8 coil
White M1.1 9 coil
Green M1.1 8 coil

what colour are you running on the front (orange?) mine works ok but I use tamiya spring clips as well for extra adjustment on the front!

Last edited by pickled; 11-30-2012 at 02:16 AM.
pickled is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 PM
  #730  
Tech Rookie
 
tb214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 19
Default

browsing the forum from the beginning the other day, saw this vid by td-civ, and I noticed the part. no. of the belts included the number 3.5? I was wondering if the belts included were 3.5 pitch ie 3.5mm per tooth instead of the common 3.0mm? maybe thats why you guys get loose belts all these while...
tb214 is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 PM
  #731  
Tech Rookie
 
tb214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 19
Talking

Originally Posted by HugolikaBoss View Post
Am still chasing heavier springs. Mine is so limp on stock springs the body roll does not correct itself back to flat, like it stays slightly rolled over to the side it just cornered.

Can anyone help me with the colour codes of the 3RACING springs?

this is a guess

Blue Color: (Hard)
Pink Color: (Medium)
Orange Color: (Soft)
Green softer
White softess ????


cant find this info anywhere on the net & i havent got a response from 3racing either.
have you checked for any parts that might be binding? eg lower arms, upper camber link, c- hubs etc2? For myself, I would have dismantled everything and checked everything one by one. Binding really freaks me out ahaha robs you of good predictable handling. I could spend 3 hrs just reaming lower arms and polishing the arm pins just to get them ultra smooth. I would assume that the springs were linear, thus the harder springs have less coils. its surprising to see some do have same number of coils, is it Progressive Springs? check for the thickness, preferably with a digital caliper.
tb214 is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 PM
  #732  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tb214 View Post
browsing the forum from the beginning the other day, saw this vid by td-civ, and I noticed the part. no. of the belts included the number 3.5? I was wondering if the belts included were 3.5 pitch ie 3.5mm per tooth instead of the common 3.0mm? maybe thats why you guys get loose belts all these while...
no, I don't think that's why. they are 3 mm belts.

I am not using a spacer...just used belt tensioner and got even have to adjust it all that much
eunique is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 01:02 PM
  #733  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
I know what you mean, my order 2 weeks ago was $250 and yesterday's was almost $300 and not including the new hop ups!!!
:-(

next order will probly be close to that again for the new hop ups
:-) know what you mean. As you have built this car. Would it be much easier to change the front bulkhead before first build, or is it ok to change this part later?
Anthias is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:35 PM
  #734  
Tech Rookie
 
HugolikaBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
I think you need to look at the thickness of the springs the purple are M1.4 so I reckon they are hard and the pink are M1.2 white are M1.1 so I think it goes the way your guessing but with purple as the hardest? and are either 8 coils or 9 coils
I just ordered purple and pink so when it gets here I'll let you know?
Ok here is what I think they range in hardness, from hard to soft

Purple M1.4 8 coil
Blue M1.3 8 coil
Pink M1.2 9 coil
Orange M1.2 8 coil
White M1.1 9 coil
Green M1.1 8 coil

what colour are you running on the front (orange?) mine works ok but I use tamiya spring clips as well for extra adjustment on the front!
i think that educated guess is close Pickled, except two. Thanks, now you;ve got me on to spring calculations. White is likely the softess, and i believe pink is softer than orange. i found that the thicker the steel diameter, and a lesser number of active coils generally equal a heavier spring (if overall diameter and free length dont change).

So order could be:
Purple M1.4 8 coil (x 16m D x 31mm L)
Blue M1.3 8 coil
Orange M1.2 8 coil
Pink M1.2 9 coil
Green M1.1 8 coil
White M1.1 9 coil

think i'll get the purple blue and pink from 3racing & see how i go too

& yes TB214, binding annoys me too (it freaks you out? hehe). but that is the first thing i check. Seems pretty smooth on all corners. Originally my front driveshaft caused binding to the lower arm because the little peg thru was not centred where it goes into the centre coupling. i ground it down slightly & 1 problem gone.

Last edited by HugolikaBoss; 11-30-2012 at 04:36 PM.
HugolikaBoss is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 PM
  #735  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tb214 View Post
have you checked for any parts that might be binding? eg lower arms, upper camber link, c- hubs etc2? I would assume that the springs were linear, thus the harder springs have less coils. its surprising to see some do have same number of coils, is it Progressive Springs? check for the thickness, preferably with a digital caliper.
progressive rate springs would have sections of loose and tighter windings (usually tighter towards the top) which is what gives the differences in spring rate, essentially getting stiffer on turns to prevent less body roll but still give you a supple or more giving suspension on straighaways.
in theory, I dont think it would be good for our 1:10 drift cars since we need the flex and generally softer suspension for body roll with 1:10 drifting...which is opposite of 1:1 drifting
eunique is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.