Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 AM
  #706  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by tb214 View Post
Successfully downloaded instruction manual... finally.... ahaha thanks a lot Pickled. will post my initial 2D views and thoughts. Pickled, is that the parts from Oreolai RC?
No they are tamiya TA06,TA05 parts, but emulating the oreolai look!
pickled is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM
  #707  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 49
Default

Then my D3 is on it's way!
Anthias is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 AM
  #708  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
Then my D3 is on it's way!
So when you get it take apart the CVD's grease them grind flats on the pins re-assemble, use thread lock on the grub screws. Otherwise they come apart, I know from experience lol.
pickled is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:52 AM
  #709  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
So when you get it take apart the CVD's grease them grind flats on the pins re-assemble, use thread lock on the grub screws. Otherwise they come apart, I know from experience lol.
I will! I have also bought the one way for Zero, and some other alu parts.
Anthias is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 AM
  #710  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
I will! I have also bought the one way for Zero, and some other alu parts.
i just ordered more hopup parts from rcmart and I haven't even received my last order

is that bad?
eunique is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 01:09 AM
  #711  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
i just ordered more hopup parts from rcmart and I haven't even received my last order

is that bad?
Nah you got to expect it at this time of the year, I made a big order last week and it didn't leave H/K till yesterday. So it probably won't get to me till next monday?
you still want to do the KPI mod? I've just bought some yokomo type C upper arms to cut up for the top mount

I used some 12mm set screws for the lower arm to ball end connection

Last edited by pickled; 11-27-2012 at 01:36 AM.
pickled is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 01:17 AM
  #712  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
I will! I have also bought the one way for Zero, and some other alu parts.
Did you get some Alloy pulleys? if you bought the alloy suspension mounts you'll need the pivot balls as well! get some alloy washers 1mm, 1.5mm use the 1.5mm washers on the suspension pins and the 1mm under the rear pulley mount helps with the slack belt issues. Be careful with the threads if you can get a 3mm tapping bit run that through the holes first with some light oil first (thanks eunique) then you won't strip the threads easily when you assemble it.
pickled is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 AM
  #713  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 490
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default sakura D3

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


i just want to share my Sakura D3 drifting..... More Power to all Sakura D3 users

OD Rate reduced to 75%

all settings is default settings according to manual !

SP ReventonS and SP V3 13.5T motor for elec.
TowerPro mg995 for servo
Tx/Rx Futaba 4pk with 4pks Reciever

Hope you like it !
wntdcarbon is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 AM
  #714  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by wntdcarbon View Post
i just want to share my Sakura D3 drifting..... More Power to all Sakura D3 users

OD Rate reduced to 75%

all settings is default settings according to manual !

SP ReventonS and SP V3 13.5T motor for elec.
TowerPro mg995 for servo
Tx/Rx Futaba 4pk with 4pks Reciever

Hope you like it !
Nice did you keep the standard rims?
pickled is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:27 PM
  #715  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Nah you got to expect it at this time of the year, I made a big order last week and it didn't leave H/K till yesterday. So it probably won't get to me till next monday?
you still want to do the KPI mod? I've just bought some yokomo type C upper arms to cut up for the top mount

I used some 12mm set screws for the lower arm to ball end connection
I'm definitely still interested in the KPI mod..just pulling my parts together. also ordered some pieces for the shock mod like dorvaks also.

would like to see your schematics on how your mod is going to be put together so I can follow along.
eunique is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 PM
  #716  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wntdcarbon View Post
i just want to share my Sakura D3 drifting..... More Power to all Sakura D3 users

OD Rate reduced to 75%

all settings is default settings according to manual !

SP ReventonS and SP V3 13.5T motor for elec.
TowerPro mg995 for servo
Tx/Rx Futaba 4pk with 4pks Reciever

Hope you like it !
thank you for sharing! nice vid!

would you mind sharing your pulley set up and maybe pics?
eunique is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM
  #717  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 490
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
thank you for sharing! nice vid!

would you mind sharing your pulley set up and maybe pics?
F-38/13
C-13/13
R-18/22
i just replace the stock 22t rear pulley with 18t pulley
will post a pic. of kit later thanks
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Nice did you keep the standard rims?
yes i keep the stock rims but i replace the spark tire because i dont like the traction of that tire ,
it takes a lot of effort and time removing tire from rims i think 3R use special adhesive on tire and rims thanks
wntdcarbon is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 PM
  #718  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The land of bagged milk
Posts: 140
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wntdcarbon View Post
F-38/13
C-13/13
R-18/22
i just replace the stock 22t rear pulley with 18t pulley
will post a pic. of kit later thanks

wicked! post pics when you can
twisted concept is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM
  #719  
Tech Rookie
 
tb214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 19
Default

Pickled... wow! nice work man! clean cut well thought out. I like.
My initial thoughts from reviewing the manual.. great touring style suspension geometry DNA. Good prospects. Liked the long 31mm springs, hopefully easy to pass strict tech inspection on carpet. Once I got the chassis, would think about modding the upper inboard camber link positions to be horizontal, rather than vertical on the towers. Thought about adding anti roll bars. Now the long wait....
tb214 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 PM
  #720  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by wntdcarbon View Post
F-38/13
C-13/13
R-18/22
i just replace the stock 22t rear pulley with 18t pulley
will post a pic. of kit later thanks

yes i keep the stock rims but i replace the spark tire because i dont like the traction of that tire ,
it takes a lot of effort and time removing tire from rims i think 3R use special adhesive on tire and rims thanks
Ok here's the trick to removing glued tyres. Bring some water to the boil in a pot add a wheel to the boiling water and boil for about a minute or so the heat degrades the glue take the wheel out with a butter knife or slotted spoon and carefully push the rim out of the tyre as it will be extremely hot then add next wheel and so on and so forth.

Originally Posted by tb214 View Post
Pickled... wow! nice work man! clean cut well thought out. I like.
My initial thoughts from reviewing the manual.. great touring style suspension geometry DNA. Good prospects. Liked the long 31mm springs, hopefully easy to pass strict tech inspection on carpet. Once I got the chassis, would think about modding the upper inboard camber link positions to be horizontal, rather than vertical on the towers. Thought about adding anti roll bars. Now the long wait....
thanks mate I'll post more pics when I finish the mod just waiting on parts I can still run the car but the upper arms are a little flimsy atm. The front springs are a little soft but they'll soon release harder ones.
pickled is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.