R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #646
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

is there an RTR or ARTR for this chassis yet?
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #647
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
I'll look into that and order a hopefully a perfect fitting belt.
I do have extras, but the D3 is even longer.

That race should be fun to watch...yes I am familiar with the Holdens...nice looking cars.

Did some adjusting on my D3 today.
Put in 1* rear alum suspension mount, moved rear lower shock mount in to center most position, so it stays more upright and used aluminum shims, no more play. Noticed it had play with old plastic ones.
Front: toe out 3*, camber 6* (negative)
Rear: toe in 1*, camber 6* (negative)
I like it with the 1* rear toe in. Did you shim the suspension pins like mine? I shimmed the spur gear shaft as well! Even if you don't get the exact fit for your belt at least you should get a closer fit. I been messing with my Steering trying to get more angle out of it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
is there an RTR or ARTR for this chassis yet?
Yeah there is a pre assembled chassis out there but you still need to set ride height and camber etc. I think they have it on eBay. I wouldn't trust the build quality though after how they pre assemble the CVD's lol, but you never know?

Last edited by pickled; 11-18-2012 at 12:14 AM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #648
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
I like it with the 1* rear toe in. Did you shim the suspension pins like mine? I shimmed the spur gear shaft as well! Even if you don't get the exact fit for your belt at least you should get a closer fit. I been messing with my Steering trying to get more angle out of it lol
good to know...i'll have to test it out..i'll be leaving for vacation..so I won't be able to test it and practice until after next week.

yes, i shimmed the suspension pins like what you did.
can you post pic of your spur gear shaft so I can have an idea what you did?
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #649
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
good to know...i'll have to test it out..i'll be leaving for vacation..so I won't be able to test it and practice until after next week.

yes, i shimmed the suspension pins like what you did.
can you post pic of your spur gear shaft so I can have an idea what you did?
I just put 3 0.3mm shims behind spur adapter and kept the original 0.1mm shim in place against the bearing

And didn't you just get back from a vacation?
Old 11-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #650
Tech Adept

So, I'm looking to build a car for 250-300 bucks... Is this thing the right car? How are you all responding to it? Is there a better drift car out there for 300 or less?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #651
Tech Addict

Quote:
So, I'm looking to build a car for 250-300 bucks... Is this thing the right car? How are you all responding to it? Is there a better drift car out there for 300 or less?
well it depends do you want a front motor? if you do this is probably the best budget front motor out there. Do you have tools and gauges? You will need them even if you buy an RTR! You still need to buy a shell and paint it or you can buy pre painted off eBay and you'll need the radio gear and motor/esc so your already looking at at least 300 bucks. Do you have any experience building and setting up an RC car? If you don't it will be a bit of a learning curve. You will encounter issues but we all have. Is this your first drift car? and is this the first CS drift car? It does have a pretty extreme CS ratio for a beginner but with practice is tameable! Ok now that I've asked you those questions. This was my first CS drift car, I run an overpowered motor (5.5T) and I still think this chassis is great but it has cost me more than $300 with extra tyres and mods etc. so be prepared to funnel cash into it. The other thing is setting it up, you never seem to get the settings perfect there's always some more settings you can try lol you just want to tweak it some more. You may feel like throwing it at the wall some days but when things go well you can't get enough of it. Any way I'm sure you have looked into other chassis as well, all I can say is this isn't a bad chassis it does what it's supposed to when the settings are good.

Here is the cheapest buy it now on eBay I can find with postage and it's through rcMart as well lol

hey eunique do you notice your one way cups start to slip out of the bearing after a while, mine still get traction but they just bother me so I push them in as far as I can lol.

Last edited by pickled; 11-18-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #652
Tech Adept

Quote:
well it depends do you want a front motor?
I think so, from what i readit will help with sustaining longer higher speed drifts (like 3rd gear drifts in real life)

Quote:
Do you have tools and gauges?
No, what do i need?

Quote:
You still need to buy a shell
i have a shell, 10 sets of wheels, and some batteries....

I as looking at a RCMART.com ARTR kit for 200.... i have a receiver and ESC already...

it comes with:
•Yeah Racing (#YA-0180) Tornado High Speed Cooling Fan 30 x 30mm for Motor Heat Sink (1 pc)
•Yeah Racing Spur Gear Support Plate Aluminum Pink For 1:10 Drift Tamiya TA05 FF03 XV01 RC Spur Gear #YA-0304PK (1 pc)
•Dinball - RCMART Decal for Mini Racer (BK) (1 pc)
•Yeah Racing (#MT-0002) Hackmoto RC Motor 18T (1 pc)
•3Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift (Front Motor Drift Car) 1:10 4WD FR Touring #KIT-SAKURA-D3 (1 pc)
•Yeah Racing (#LP-0032) Li-Po Racing Battery Pack 7.4V 3200mAh 20C (1 pc)
•MOPED ESC Electronic Speed Control V16R for RC Motors (Bravo) (1 pc)

Quote:
Do you have any experience building and setting up an RC car?
Back in 2002 before they seemed so complicated, lol. I do have a real drift car that is "set up" though (suspension geometry, power, welded diff, all that stuff....)

Quote:
Is this your first drift car?
No, i have a TL01 back in 2003 and just picked up a TT01 to mess around with.

Quote:
and is this the first CS drift car?
Yes, my first

also, how many posts do i need to have in order to post pics/urls?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #653
Tech Regular

Quote:

hey eunique do you notice your one way cups start to slip out of the bearing after a while, mine still get traction but they just bother me so I push them in as far as I can lol.
I have not noticed it...but it may be the cause of that sticking feeling I was getting maybe? I went through it yesterday took it all apart..replaced some bearings, I think it's still doing it. Not as bad. I'll have to look.

Yes I did last month...going on another small one this week..little cruise to Mexico (Encinada)
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #654
Tech Regular

Quote:
I think so, from what i readit will help with sustaining longer higher speed drifts (like 3rd gear drifts in real life)

No, what do i need?

i have a shell, 10 sets of wheels, and some batteries....

I as looking at a RCMART.com ARTR kit for 200.... i have
No, i have a TL01 back in 2003 and just picked up a TT01 to mess around with.

Yes, my first

also, how many posts do i need to have in order to post pics/urls?
this is my first CS drift car also and I'm loving it...not our of the box due to some upgrades.
Tools, if you were already into drifting back then, maybe you already have a setup kit, for setting camber, toe, etc. and one hex drivers

If you already have most stuff, tires, batteries, charger...you probably don't need the $200 Rcmart starter kit...just buy the base kit and some upgrades

And no, there is probably not a better CS front motor drift Rc out there for under 300.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #655
Tech Addict

If you have an ESC, Receiver, Batteries etc. then go for the base kit and get an 9.5T to 13.5T sensored motor (hopefully your ESC supports sensored motors down to 10T). You should have your set-up tool from previous builds this chassis has two size hex screws 1.5mm and 2mm. You definitely will need to use a camber gauge and ride height gauge. Any who we're always here if you run into trouble. The extra things that you will need are a front one way and some high angle CVD's the stock CVD's cause chatter at full lock. there are a few ways to alleviate the slack belt issues like 1mm spacer under the rear pulley mount and the zero belt tensioner. (I stripped my first centre belt but since applying these fixes I have still got all the teeth on the replacement lol).

I think you need 10 posts before you can post pics and links

Last edited by pickled; 11-18-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #656
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

I just scored a D3 but i'm in need of some parts. Does anyone know what size belt runs off the front diff pulley?

I was stalking rcmart but they have two front belts listed for the D3, #sak D-114 (138t) and #sakD-115 (183t)

Also can you confirm if it is a 38t pulley on the front diff?

Thanks
SkR8Pn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #657
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkR8Pn View Post
Hi all,

I just scored a D3 but i'm in need of some parts. Does anyone know what size belt runs off the front diff pulley?

I was stalking rcmart but they have two front belts listed for the D3, #sak D-114 (138t) and #sakD-115 (183t)

Also can you confirm if it is a 38t pulley on the front diff?

Thanks
It's a typo on their site the 138T is the front belt the 183T is the rear belt and the pulley is a 38T on the front all the 3racing front one ways for the sakura range come with the same front pulley!

All the belts

front belt

rear belt

centre belt

Last edited by pickled; 11-18-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #658
Tech Rookie

Quote:
It's a typo on their site the 138T is the front belt the 183T is the rear belt and the pulley is a 38T on the front all the 3racing front one ways for the sakura range come with the same front pulley!

Thanks pickled, How are your belts holding up? Have you looked for other brand belts that may be of better quality?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #659
Tech Adept

Guys, thanks for the advice....

I have a comaprison question....

What are my other CS Drift car options in the sub-350.00 range?

I think the Sakura D3 needs a "version 2" with revisions....
Old 11-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #660
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Guys, thanks for the advice....

I have a comaprison question....

What are my other CS Drift car options in the sub-350.00 range?

I think the Sakura D3 needs a "version 2" with revisions....
One that i was looking at in that price range was a MST 01 Pro D.. but you will have to still buy pulleys to get CS. I dont think it comes with an over driven rear end.

I wouldn't right off the D3 as for what you pay for it against other chassis its best value for money so far (well i think). All chassis if you look at them hard enough will have plus and minuses. I think the D3 is good If your new to drifting and want something CS. I'm pretty sure nothing else in its price range comes FM and CS.