Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
yeah everyone in the scene seems to be pretty helpful and easy to befriend.
I just smashed one of my new yeah racing rims, Doh. I must have weakened it yesterday when I hit a cement lip. I took it out today and didn't even go near any possible things that could do damage was drifting for about 2mins then the wheel flew off at first I thought I'd lost the nut till I picked up the wheel.
ouch...that s_cks! I did something similar to one of my first yeah racing sets...one was smashed pretty similar to that and the other one broke one of the spokes.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Back to the KPI mod and the lower arms, I was thinking of getting a set of these

from here http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-e1...r-p-30860.html
But just hang off getting a set just for now I'll let you know if they work!

I should be getting some alloy pulleys delivered this week sometime yay

Last edited by pickled; 11-12-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by td-civ
guys if your going to buy a D3 buy a oneway for it before you build it your belts will last way longer and much smoother to drive
Hey TD-civ where did you order your parts? Did you order them locally or overseas?

Are the stock yellow sparkle rims a 9mm offset? Im looking for the best offsets for a yokomo style body
Old 11-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Also anyone have any solutions about the main belt slop? Ive seen the washers as a cheap fix but has anyone rigged up a belt tension setup?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by twisted concept
Also anyone have any solutions about the main belt slop? Ive seen the washers as a cheap fix but has anyone rigged up a belt tension setup?
pickled is using an idler pulley and I am using the pink belt tensioner from the Sakura Zero S.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=pickled;11433784]Back to the KPI mod and the lower arms, I was thinking of getting a set of these

But just hang off getting a set just for now I'll let you know if they work!
[QUOTE]

cool...please let us know. I was about to place my order with rcmart including that arm.
it does look like it will work if the length matches up. the ball shouldhopefully match up to the lower ball of that kingpin inclination mod.

saw a thread on full belt drive..seems interesting to do for our cars
Old 11-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=eunique;11435198]
cool...please let us know. I was about to place my order with rcmart including that arm.
it does look like it will work if the length matches up. the ball shouldhopefully match up to the lower ball of that kingpin inclination mod.

saw a thread on full belt drive..seems interesting to do for our cars
I saw that too and d/l the spreadsheet for the conversion lol just a bit worried that it would skip teeth

I won't be able to order that arm till next week. I have 2 TT-01E's as well and 1 is almost fully hopped up apart from the frp chassis the other is in pieces. I decided to rebuild the stripped 1 for a friends kid for christmas so with the arms my total for the rcMart order next week will be 245.49 lol so hopefully they'll still be doing the free t-shirt

Hey TD-civ where did you order your parts? Did you order them locally or overseas?
Are the stock yellow sparkle rims a 9mm offset? Im looking for the best offsets for a yokomo style body
td-civ is an rc dealer he orders direct from the manufacturers. We buy most of our stuff from rcmart.com. the rims are 5mm offset, here is the 3racing link.In the instruction manual it says the front is 164mm and the rear is 162mm. What is the width of the yokomo body your going to use? then you can go a few ways to get the look that your after, offset wheel hex adapters I use 5.5mm on the front and 6mm rear and 3mm offset wheels you can mix it up if you like there are plenty of hex adapter sizes out there, or you can go with a thinner hex adapter, 4mm are the thinnest and use a bigger offset wheel. Wheels go up to about 12mm offset. if you get yourself the 180sx or the onevia you can get the uras gang wider guards and use a large offset wheel. best way is to work out the width of your shell minus the width of the chassis e.g. 190-164 =26 then divide by 2 = 13 so now you can work out what offset and adapter size you want as long as it's close to that number it should look ok if it's larger it may effect how you mount your shell, like how high you cut the arches or mount the shell off the chassis.

twisted concept here is my tension setup.

Last edited by pickled; 11-13-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

sent an email to active hobby about there magnetic mounts and this is the reply. I can't wait to get a set of these

Hello,
Thank you for inquiring.

Magnetic Body Mount System is going to be released in early December.

Regards,
T.Shim
[ ACTIVE HOBBY PRODUCTS ONLINE STORE ]

Active Hobby Products Co.,LTD.

ADDRESS: ActiveBld.3F 1-10-23 Oyama Ginowan City Okinawa JAPAN.
ZIP 901-2223

E-MAIL : [email protected]
TEL : 98-890-2893
URL : http://active-online.ocnk.net/

Atleast I got a prompt reply from them, unlike when you e-mail 3racing about when they are going to release the rest of the alloy!

Last edited by pickled; 11-13-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks pickle...i think im going with the yokomo 180sx body with alloy hexs (pretty much stock) and looking to use 6mm to 7mm offsets for my rims.

...i'll also check out rcmart

For the tensioner setup do you have the part number and did you just bolt it straight on the upper chassis?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks pickle...i think im going with the yokomo 180sx body with alloy hexs (pretty much stock) and looking to use 6mm to 7mm offsets for my rims.

For the tensioner setup do you have the part number and did you just bolt it straight on the upper chassis?
That would be a nice body.
...just placed another order with Rcmart....some more goodies!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

I used the sakura zero s belt tensioner instead of the bearings that come with I added a yokomo DRB-RBIP idler pulley.

Originally Posted by eunique
That would be a nice body.
...just placed another order with Rcmart....some more goodies!
It is a nice body isn't it. I got my pulleys today they help to make the belt tighter to! Just have to wait for the 22T I got from eBay as 3racing have none.

twisted concept have you seen these
japan race and drift uras link
Old 11-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

It is a nice body isn't it. I got my pulleys today they help to make the belt tighter to! Just have to wait for the 22T I got from eBay as 3racing have none.

twisted concept have you seen these
japan race and drift uras link
I orderedmy pulleys early and got 22T...plus others to drop my ratio even more....but I've stayed and determined to be better by practicing

I keep checking 3racing to see if they have released other hopups....no go.
Do u have any idea when?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
I orderedmy pulleys early and got 22T...plus others to drop my ratio even more....but I've stayed and determined to be better by practicing

I keep checking 3racing to see if they have released other hopups....no go.
Do u have any idea when?
No idea I reckon we'll still be waiting on hop-ups into march lol.
It gets easier, I've almost got switchbacks down now. I have a lot more fun with it but I haven't been taking it on the track lately I take it to my kids school in the arvo's and drift on the quadrangle till the bell goes then put it away so the kids don't all crowd around asking for a go

Last edited by pickled; 11-14-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Tech Rookie

No idea I reckon we'll still be waiting on hop-ups into march lol.
It gets easier, I've almost got switchbacks down now. I have a lot more fun with it but I haven't been taking it on the track lately I take it to my kids school in the arvo's and drift on the quadrangle till the bell goes then put it away so the kids don't all crowd around asking for a go
haha good on you pickled. i still find it funny the reactions you get as an adult explaining why you are 'playing with a kids toy'. I jokingly asked one 60 yo bloke in a suit when he came over to me in the park, 'i bet you've got the same one right?' and he told me he did! but he broke it last summer and keeps meaning to fix it

Real important question that i cant bloody find the answer to:
What stiffer springs can i use to replace stock ones?
Exact brand and model please.

RC mart listed springs do not fit they tell me. Too short i think. D3 takes 31mm long, 16mm dia.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HugolikaBoss
haha good on you pickled. i still find it funny the reactions you get as an adult explaining why you are 'playing with a kids toy'. I jokingly asked one 60 yo bloke in a suit when he came over to me in the park, 'i bet you've got the same one right?' and he told me he did! but he broke it last summer and keeps meaning to fix it

Real important question that i cant bloody find the answer to:
What stiffer springs can i use to replace stock ones?
Exact brand and model please.

RC mart listed springs do not fit they tell me. Too short i think. D3 takes 31mm long, 16mm dia.
I bought a set of MST 30mm springs but they are pretty much the same as the D3 spings So I went back to stock and used a tamiya spring spacer thing that clips onto the shock body

And it says on the box "This radio control model is not a Toy" and "Not suitable for children under 14 years of age" That's how I explain it to people that call it a Toy! lol
and I call the alloy bumper mount "Toe Biter"

Last edited by pickled; 11-14-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.