Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tworrs
Hey pickled,
Thanks again for taking the time to reply, should manage to get everything assembled for Friday , that's my race night at my local club, I'm the only drifter though, although everyone is interested to see how it goes, fingers crossed it works fine
No probs. Make sure you pass the control around so they can see how hard it is to drive. My first night at my LHS was a humiliating disaster but I went back and the second time was much better.

Originally Posted by td-civ
well i have made some change to my setup and left the stock cs (114%) and now the car runs good on the carpet it still spins out and still touchy but im getting better with it im going to try hpi t drift tires with it

ill post up my setup right when i get everything worked out im still going to change the cs

but ill post a vid of it how its running now soon
Its good to know not just us novices are experiencing the same troubles. I tried some Tamiya drift techs and they are really good on cement. they don't get chewed up as quickly either. I can't wait to see your finished setup, thanks for all your advice and tips I would have been boned if someone hadn't helped me out.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

im trying to make some free time for my self to work on it more and make a vid of it running but everytime i try i cant

sometimes i wish i didnt own a rc track and store so i have more time for fun lol
Old 10-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pickled
[IMG]h**p://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/553912_2578112469092_2132817323_n.jpg[/IMG]

So is that a rear tower mounted on the front? I can see the upper arm is on the other side and you shocks are mounted closer to the tower! how is it to drift? How did you do the mod?
that a simple mod
just cut the front bulkhead cover like the pic

[IMG]h**p://imageshack.us/a/img820/5643/img2012101000287.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

lol yeah you'll just have to close early or stay back late to do it! I'm gonna have to get a decent radio. I've had major issues with the power button on my GT3C so moved the button to the rear then today I dropped the radio and it landed on the new switch breaking it had to go buy a new dipole dip switch, so I bought two.

Originally Posted by Allif Ar
that a simple mod
just cut the front bulkhead cover like the pic

ok then replace the cut section behind the mount. I see will wait till I get some more hop up parts first before I do drastic mods like that even tho it looks good and probably better handling.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I been drifting a 50/50 sprint 2, ordered a D3 kit that should be here today or tomorrow. Althought my sprint 2 is going to be my main drifter for now since its all hopped up and im going to do a slow build on the D3 gathering electronics and what not, plus a new transmitter to run 2 cars from it :/ CS is going to be fun I wanted to CS my Sprint 2 but dont wanna hack it up to much so I rather keep a 50/50 and CS drifter

But for the D3 what will be the first hop ups / mods will I need to get the car sliding right?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC-Jay
I been drifting a 50/50 sprint 2, ordered a D3 kit that should be here today or tomorrow. Althought my sprint 2 is going to be my main drifter for now since its all hopped up and im going to do a slow build on the D3 gathering electronics and what not, plus a new transmitter to run 2 cars from it :/ CS is going to be fun I wanted to CS my Sprint 2 but dont wanna hack it up to much so I rather keep a 50/50 and CS drifter

But for the D3 what will be the first hop ups / mods will I need to get the car sliding right?
they slide pretty good! A front oneway will probably be your first mod. The Sakura Zero oneway fits (SAK-59/V2). Once you work out how to drift it you'll love it. The hop ups will be out November/December so you'll probably end up completely rebuilding it in carbon and alloy like the most of us here hanging for the release of the parts. Alloy pulleys will be good investment and the diff pulleys will be available soon. When you get the kit rebuild the axles straight away and grind the pins flat for the grub screw to lock onto. They aren't assembled properly from the factory! But even without any hop ups this chassis is great fun! Check out rcMart they have hop ups grouped by chassis brand and model so the stuff under D3 should fit without any problems, I bought heaps from there and it all fitted fine

Last edited by pickled; 10-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Why does the one way help with drifting?
Old 10-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

oh well the post under explains it better

Last edited by pickled; 10-23-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Rookie

a one-way takes the twitchyness out of the car and reduces its tendency to spin when coming off throttle. This is a problem on CS cars where cos the rear wheels drive faster the car always wants to slide sideways, even when you dont want it.

With a one-way, the front wheels are allowed to coast freely when off throttle, thereby (IMO) they can closer match the speed of the rear rather than forced to spin slower. So the car is better drift machine & less of an animal.

This is somewhat like a real modern 4wd car which has a variable transmission that changes the drive to the front and rear on an ongoing basis. A locked transmission, other than 50 50 on a real car would never work as it would chew up the rear tyres and causing other unwanted wear.

Any other opinions welcome
Old 10-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Ahhh i see.....cool. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone get this kit in Canada yet?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

A few drifters in BC have them
Old 10-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
oh well the post under explains it better
Got mine back up and running....new front belt, 37T front gear (dropped ratio to 2.09), aluminum pulley gears, spur gear cover

Got to practice today...starting to get a better hang of it...felt smooth!
Then practiced my Zero S and for some reason that felt really rough and almost seemed like something dragging...will take it apart and fix it tomorrow and CS the ratio on it close to my D3.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

...oh I also did a mod to my shocks essentially turning it into dual rate...I only rebuilt and modded the rears. It turned the shocks into normal bound and slow rebound which helps in drifting since it slinky rebounds to not upset the cars transition as it comes around in a drift.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by twisted concept
anyone get this kit in Canada yet?
ya me i have 2 and built 4 now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.