Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 05-02-2013, 06:32 AM
  #1756  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by BLOOD_FLUX View Post
well after doing a lot of research and playing with my D3 for a month i thought i should introduce myself and say thanks to everyone here for sharing info on there cars especially the KPI mod.
your welcome bro post some pics of your chassis and shell
pickled is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 02:29 PM
  #1757  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

After going back to 13T @2.14 stock CS ratio...center belt was loose and kept trying to practice with it...
Chewed up my center belt



ALso...noticed some rear wheel vibration...after investigation found some wear on rear solud axle outer joint HD


eunique is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 PM
  #1758  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I didnt like the spacer on the rear pulley holder...put too much tension on the rear belt
eunique is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 PM
  #1759  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Galeleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 167
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

So I am looking at building one of these bad boys up very soon. I have read a ton on this kit but one thing that I havent noticed is what motors people are running.

I am predominantly an 1/8 scale offroad buggy/SC driver. I am looking to get into the drift scene, so I am definately a noob when it comes to drifting.

I do have a list of hopup that I am going to purchase when I order the kit, but the one thing I am not sure on is which brushless motor to run. I am looking to go sensored, as I typically run Tekin in my buggy and SCTE. I love how those motors run at slow speeds. I figure that the sensored motors would be a big plus when it comes to drifting.

I have searched this thread and it seems people run anything between 5T right up to 19T. What would be a good starter motor? I realize torque is important and overall top speed isnt a prerequisite as its all about form and smooth transitions.

So all that being said, what wind motor should a noob get to start out with? I am looking to get one of the turnigy trackstar brushless motors (grey can) from HK.
Galeleo is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 05:38 PM
  #1760  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

pickled is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 05:42 PM
  #1761  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
I didnt like the spacer on the rear pulley holder...put too much tension on the rear belt
Originally Posted by Galeleo View Post
So I am looking at building one of these bad boys up very soon. I have read a ton on this kit but one thing that I havent noticed is what motors people are running.

I am predominantly an 1/8 scale offroad buggy/SC driver. I am looking to get into the drift scene, so I am definately a noob when it comes to drifting.

I do have a list of hopup that I am going to purchase when I order the kit, but the one thing I am not sure on is which brushless motor to run. I am looking to go sensored, as I typically run Tekin in my buggy and SCTE. I love how those motors run at slow speeds. I figure that the sensored motors would be a big plus when it comes to drifting.

I have searched this thread and it seems people run anything between 5T right up to 19T. What would be a good starter motor? I realize torque is important and overall top speed isnt a prerequisite as its all about form and smooth transitions.

So all that being said, what wind motor should a noob get to start out with? I am looking to get one of the turnigy trackstar brushless motors (grey can) from HK.
I think tekin motors are great I run an 8.5T tekin gen 2 in my XXX-D. the range of BL motors for drifting are from 8.5T to 13.5T. I'd recommend a 10.5T sensored motor and you should be good to go!
pickled is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM
  #1762  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Galeleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 167
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Kewl Pickled, thanks for the info....I will be ordering a 10.5 T then.

I was going to get an 8.5 but wasn't sure if it was going to be too fast!
Galeleo is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 05:58 PM
  #1763  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Galeleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 167
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I am looking to get some of these 2S batteries:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...APPROVED_.html

Spec.
Capacity: 5600mAh
Voltage: 2S2P / 2S Cell / 7.4V
Discharge: 50C Constant / 100C Burst
Weight:294g (including wire & case)
Dimensions: 138.5x47x25mm

Will it fit without any mods?
Galeleo is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 06:36 PM
  #1764  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
Rodarbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Posts: 1,034
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Galeleo View Post
I am looking to get some of these 2S batteries:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...APPROVED_.html

Spec.
Capacity: 5600mAh
Voltage: 2S2P / 2S Cell / 7.4V
Discharge: 50C Constant / 100C Burst
Weight:294g (including wire & case)
Dimensions: 138.5x47x25mm

Will it fit without any mods?
Yeah, it will fit no problem.
Rodarbal is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:10 PM
  #1765  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the pic of your belt tensioner, Pickled. Ive been trying to fix it today. I made a tensioner with the old plastic 13T center pulley (drilled out ends and put in bearings) and when I installed it, it seemed too tight. Turned out the belt tension was just right for my new belt...so I just set aside my new tensioner. Ill keep it until belt becomes too loose from use then reinstall it.
eunique is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 01:44 AM
  #1766  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by eunique View Post
After going back to 13T @2.14 stock CS ratio...center belt was loose and kept trying to practice with it...
Chewed up my center belt



ALso...noticed some rear wheel vibration...after investigation found some wear on rear solud axle outer joint HD


hey
I have the same issue with the rear axle outer joint. I have a new set on the way but I'm pretty sure it will happen again. maybe I'll replace them with the stock ones.

Thanks again for the dogbones link I get this lock angle with no chattering at all now

Exita is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 03:17 AM
  #1767  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Nice. ..you're welcome.... glad it's working out for you.
I know....I thought about going back to stock on those outer joints too... but I still had another set. ..so I'll use those until they break again, then go back.

Kind if confusing since this option says HD (heavy duty) but the stock ones seem better
eunique is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:28 AM
  #1768  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Default

Kind if confusing since this option says HD (heavy duty) but the stock ones seem better
I know what you mean..
I had to bend one of them so the dogbone wont move so freely inside



the stock front outer joints are holding up perfectly with no sign of wear..
Exita is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 AM
  #1769  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (21)
 
Tommy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 638
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Wow, I'm surprised to see some much outdrive wear on a drift car. My racecars don't get anywhere near that kind of wear....and they have traction.
Tommy R is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 AM
  #1770  
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Originally Posted by Exita View Post
I know what you mean..
I had to bend one of them so the dogbone wont move so freely inside



the stock front outer joints are holding up perfectly with no sign of wear..
I have only minimal wear on mine so there must be something causing it like the surface your running on etc. I've never run mine on carpet? could it be caused by back lash?
pickled is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.