R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-28-2005, 12:09 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default New 1/10th Electric Touring Car

Hi All

I am busy looking at getting a new RC Car and would like some views, I expect a mixed set of answers but atleast it will hopefully give some views.

I was considering the Schumacher MI2 as it seems to be very nice but here in SA they are R4,000 for the Chassis. I have seen that lots of people are having proplems with the shocks and dont really want to but a car at that price and then have to change the shocks. The other one that is catching my attention is the HPI Pro 4, I used to have an HPI Pro before I stopped racing 7 years ago and that served me well.

Which one do you guys think is the better option ?
Should I be looking at others ?
John69ZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:25 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Don't forget the TC4, TRF415 and the upcoming JRX-S.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:01 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

The TRF 415 looks very nice but also knocks the wallet a bit.

The TC4 has been tempting, I know friends that still use the TC3 and are happy with the expection of things breaking a bit too easily according to some of them.

The JRX-4 I know nothing about so will go and do some research on it.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:48 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the xray ti fk is a very good car and you can get it for a good price. the new xray the xray t1 fk 05 also is good.
ptjonesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:51 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The schumacher mi2 if you use tamiya shocks it works fine
ptjonesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:12 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default Re: New 1/10th Electric Touring Car

The Schumcher shocks are ok, People just started putting the Tamiya's on, becuase they are easier to build. Adrian posted a "how to" on building the schuie shocks, follow those steps and you will be good to go.

Quote:
Originally posted by John69ZA

I was considering the Schumacher MI2 as it seems to be very nice but here in SA they are R4,000 for the Chassis. I have seen that lots of people are having proplems with the shocks and dont really want to but a car at that price and then have to change the shocks.
Should I be looking at others ?
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #7
Tech Master

The Mi2 is an awesome car with a great drivetrain and suspension. Its really easy to tune as it responds to changes acurately. I use Tamiya shocks to go with the lowered carpet towers. The stock Schumacher shocks are just as good as any other and better than most, most of the problems are with people not using patience and following directions. The Tamiya shocks are so easy to build perfectly it is a small price to pay for hastle free shock building.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #8
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Being in SA, what can you get parts for the easiest? That should be one of your biggest concerns.... They are all good cars, each has their own shortcomings....
Old 02-28-2005, 11:10 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

Thanx for the replies.

My local LHS is the SA Schumacher Agent and he carries all the parts for the MI2. Schumacher parts are only a couple of days away if he doesnt have stock. Another LHS carries all the HPI spares but is a bit further away. Tamiya Spares are no problem.

I like the look of the MI2 so I will probably go with that, I have downloaded the instruction on how to build the shocks. I have an old set of Tamiya Ali shocks in my Tamiya parts box so I could always use those for a while if I cant get the Schumi ones to work.

Thanx for the input.