Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

speaking of pictures and stuff

more pictures here

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=70&page=20
Old 07-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shut up and put up

Agree Scott G

I'm here racing as mere mortal having stayed on after the 12th. I'm running in heat 1 and I paid my entry fee and no one buys my stuff for me, or flys me anywhere or pays my hotel.

The weather is the weather. We are racing outdoors. There was as forcast and we knew it. The track changes. It's a living thing. I ran the first run of the day with green conditions, am I moaning? I ran in the dry in Q5 when the rain came in .... Ohhh that's good for me... Nope they pulled it. I ran in the full wet of Q6 and then it dried later and got wet again. Live with it. That's why it's 3 from 6.

It is what it is. Just drive.

M

Originally Posted by scott_g
Weather effects the outcome of sporting events all over the planet. That's just the way life is when we play outdoors. Qualifying was shaping up for a pretty exciting conclusion yesterday before the rain....but that's weather.

With the forecast being that rain would arrive late in the day, those who held tyres until Q5 & Q6 were rolling the dice. The potential for reward was high, but the risk was high too. We can all read weather forecasts, look at radar....rain was always going to come.

Those that used their tyres in the first four rounds, got their clean runs in, get the reward. Those that risked, on this occasion, lost. And some got lucky in Q6, but that's motorsport.

A quick look at a best 2/4 scenario (ignoring Q6) shows that there are two who would have been in the A (Prumper & Harper in, Moore and Jasmin out), so bad luck for those two that Q5 stands - but Moore and Jasmin who are in the A are hardly a loss of quality.

Personally, I'm looking forward to some great racing in the finals tonight. 3 A finals, plenty of talent, some brave strategy decisions (which will be high risk...again) and I doubt the outcome will be known until late.

I reckon Volker will take A1 (he's been quick on new rubber), but then Groskamp, Wilk, Hara have been handy on used tyres. And if I were Wilk, Matsukura, Krapp, I reckon the temptation to risk big and sit out A1 will be very strong. I'll be glued to liverc tonight to see it all unfold.

In terms of control tyre rules, personally I think no goop is fantastic, and the tech issues yesterday were at least in part to do with the difficulty of teching that rule. I was thinking that I'd prefer they had new tyres ever run until Groskamp pointed out that also means they'd need to practice on new tyres every run - not just in official practice this week but in all the leadup. So the cost difference is not just an additional 4 sets of tyres....it's probably a tripling or more in the total tyre bill.

Sure some glitches, but weather can't be helped and we still get to watch a fascinating race today. And the guy that wins will absolutely deserve to be considered the world's best.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

hey Mark, what's up with the blog?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Shop Owner

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
Im glad i didn't make the trip, one of these years i'd love to go watch....but this year seems to be a wash.... Asside from Nash i hardly see anything online, seems odd that the guy who paid to go has to do all the promo work as well
Without trying to take anything from Robert (we are really appreciate your photo contribution) here are some other links you can find info/pictures.

You really don't know the following links?

http://events.redrc.net/
http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...championships/
http://www.liverc.com/news/special_f...oad_EP_Worlds/
http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...12th_Scale%29/
http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...cale_Sedan%29/

http://www.myrcm.ch/main?pSr=1&dId[E]=7230
http://www.myrcm.ch/nl/mach/20120725...0th/index.html

LIVE (depending what/if you pay you get video too)
http://www.liverc.com/live/broadcast/

Specially the live coverage is amazing! It's like being there!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default Poorly run event

I think all the issues thus far have been minor in the scheme of things and running any event of this size is a challenge. I'm sure ROAR will get thier chance to show us all how its done in another 2 years time and then all you american keyboard warriors can S#*@ bag your own organisation...

Back to the racing.

Hara for the WIN. Either him or Groskamp as most of the other guys have average cars on used tyres. If Rhienard cant win Amain 1 then its game over for him. Im sure we'll hear him crying about it on facebook from here
Old 07-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I think all the issues thus far have been minor in the scheme of things and running any event of this size is a challenge. I'm sure ROAR will get thier chance to show us all how its done in another 2 years time and then all you american keyboard warriors can S#*@ bag your own organisation...
Sure, minor issues And as for bagging on ROAR, believe me, it happens all the time already.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Sure, minor issues And as for bagging on ROAR, believe me, it happens all the time already.
Are we there yet...

Last edited by Benzaah; 07-28-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
yes but to chance like two guys did blowing up in flames. it wasn't worth it. I shouldn't have to subject my equipment to conditions that could cause it harm or have to kludge up the electronics with duck-tape and putty so that it's "possible" weather proof and won't overheat in a plastic tub. It wasn't a money issue I just didn't have the backup equipment to chance it. I mean I am borrowing a motor because the one I had wasn't on the IFMAR list. It's reckless and stupid to force racers even if it's a worlds championship to run in the rain. one of the team drivers asked me why I wasn't racing. I asked him if he paid for his stuff... he said no... I said "well I do and I don't get most if all of for free like he does" also I wasn't chancing burning up the motor that I got from Thunderpower to run this race. again I shouldn't have to CHANCE it...
It's ultimately your call, and I respect anyone who makes it. That said, we tend to run our clubraces even if it rains, so given that this is the Worlds, I see no reason not to run in the rain; provided the system allows for it to some degree. A lot of the locals were completely cought by surprise when ETS scrapped the Sunday finals due to rain.

Last edited by ijdod; 07-28-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
You have 1200 posts and you have not noticed a "ROAR sucks" theme among the American racers? ROAR gets plenty of complaints, deserved or not.

We are apparently a hard to please group....
Old 07-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Jilles or Hara win?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
Jilles or Hara win?
Jilles on the fastest time tie break.

Taking nothing away from him, I can't see why a fastest time tie break was used when only one set of tyres was allowed. It would always favour the driver that won first and not take into account the change in conditions as the races progress.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So who won?
Nothing on redrc about leg3 yet, the timings site says Groskamp ahead of Hara and both on 19 points, but looking at the combined timings, Hara should have been ahead by a hundred ms or so?

edit: saw the above post.
Seems an odd way of doing things. best 2 of 3 for score score but not combined timings?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Red rc linked scoring has Jilles but
Live rc shows triple a main results with hara as the champ using combined results
Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Congratulations to Jilles Groskamp with the win, on the track where it all started for him.

http://www.myrcm.ch/nl/mach/20120725...0th/index.html
Old 07-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats to Jilles, it must be great to win his first world title in his hometown...
It's also great to see Hara back to form in touring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.