Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland >

2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland

2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland

Old 07-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Naoto blew out, forcing Andy to avoid that incident. When Naoto pulled back on line he went full pull. Yes, Andy was a bit out of shape, but that is no excuse for a car driving into the side of another. It is the responsibility of the car doing the passing to execute a clean pass. Had he pulled to the side, let Andy past, then re-passed him I'd have no issue. His earlier tap is what unsettled Andy's car in the first place, so from an etiquette standpoint it's at the very least, questionable.

It's fine to be aggressive, but when you get it wrong, you should at least have the decency to wait for the car you hit. I guess I'm just old-school when it comes to these situations.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Unfortunately unlike F1 racing you can't just watch the replay over and over during the race and hand out a penalty 15 minutes later. You have to decide in a split second. But I think both referees did a very good job actually.

Been talking to Andy's father after the race, and he didn't even consider blaming the incident for the outcome of the race. Actual quote: "Andy was the lucky one in the 2nd final, and the unlucky one in the 3rd. That's just racing."

Besides, if you look at the video that was just linked to by Nicholasxuu and watch in frame-by-frame. You can see it really just was a racing incident. Andy lost some rear traction and due to that some speed, and with a rider like Naoto who always pushes to the max right on your tail - but not with the intension of pushing someone off - there just is the risk of a collission, as was the case now.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Andy was sideways already and scrubbing speed when he got hit. At the speed they were going what was Naoto suppose to do?
Got to change my original vote and go with you on this one...

Better angle of video and slow motion says it all... he could have maybe tried to check up but with just getting going again and being pretty pumped up i bet, hard to do... MOD cars are sick and i will never understand how theses guys can do it....kudos.

Nice job RICK HOWART!!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Made some stills of the accident. You can see Andy is going sideways and losing speed and Naoto just unable to avoid a collison.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

You lift off the throttle, plain and simple. The trigger also moves forward on these fancy radios. I believe that Naoto was just careless in the way he rejoined the race after hitting all by himself. I just assumed that someone who was talented enough to be double WC at the time of the incident should've been a little more patient. If he had merely waited, as I've stated before, I wouldn't be so adamant. It just seemed very unsportsmanlike to me.

And the Moore family is, obviously, all about sportsmanship based on their reaction to the incident.

We need to get back to tracks with barriers that aren't surrounded by felt, and extend the race times to the point where you can't drive 8 mins. fully strapped. If we do that we'll see less instances like this. Does anyone else remember having to conserve battery?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

whatever the cause of the crash was.... at these level.. Pro level, shouldn't naoto showed some class and waited for Andy Moore ? The race is 8 minutes long. The crash happened on the 1st lap. With Naoto's pace, he should have no problem catching up.

just my 2cent.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
You lift off the throttle, plain and simple. The trigger also moves forward on these fancy radios. I believe that Naoto was just careless in the way he rejoined the race after hitting all by himself. I just assumed that someone who was talented enough to be double WC at the time of the incident should've been a little more patient. If he had merely waited, as I've stated before, I wouldn't be so adamant. It just seemed very unsportsmanlike to me.

I gotta call bs on this, nobody in the universe could have avoided that contact. It was the third main and EVERYONE was going for it. Trying to make that kind of adjustment in a fraction of a second just can't be done. Ask any racer, when it's all on the line and you come up on a car that's out of shape or sideways in a corner, chances are your going through them rather than around. Also, a world championship was on the line, nobody's going to admit to it but sportsmanship probably went out the window when the tone sounded. If it had been the other way around it would have had the same result and everyone would be calling Mr. Moore a hack..... and we all know he is nothing of the sort.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Addict

Surely, Naoto was not going to hit the car of Andy, was an error, but the error should be sanctioned

However, the WC 1/12 is over.

Naoto has won.

Andy was fantastic, the best driver of the race.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Completely dissagree with the Bob's statement. At the end of the day, whether Andy was out of shape or not, he was still leading the race and the decent thing to do was for Noato to wait, simple as that. I have seen similar incidents at the UK nationals and 99.9% of the time, the driver will wait, even though a whole pack of cars are driving by. And to be honest, Noato's 'racing' incidents have been called into question into the past where he has done exactly the same thing, and got away with it then also!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wingman2
Completely dissagree with the Bob's statement. At the end of the day, whether Andy was out of shape or not, he was still leading the race and the decent thing to do was for Noato to wait, simple as that. I have seen similar incidents at the UK nationals and 99.9% of the time, the driver will wait, even though a whole pack of cars are driving by. And to be honest, Noato's 'racing' incidents have been called into question into the past where he has done exactly the same thing, and got away with it then also!
You can disagree if you choose to, and Andy wasn't in the lead he was in 3rd at the time.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HawaiiBob
You can disagree if you choose to, and Andy wasn't in the lead he was in 3rd at the time.
What I mean mate, is Andy was leading Noato at the time, not leading the race.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Andy was sideways already and scrubbing speed when he got hit. At the speed they were going what was Naoto suppose to do?
Wait for him
Old 07-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Shop Owner

There might be an excuse for hitting someone, BUT there is no excuse for NOT waiting him!!

Funny noone commented on Volker's extremely bad track behavior on A1, and A2!!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just a few points to make.

Yes Andy was a bit sideways. So was every other car out there in that corner. It was like watching a drift event.

Yes Naoto probably should have waited but if he had, he loses. Naoto had to finish 2nd or better to win, just beating Andy would not have been enough. I'm sure he knew that at the moment and is why he was so determined to get back up to speed and get around Andy. If he waits, he's 8th or worse and never would have got up to 2nd.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from mate, but, the thing is, right now people all over FB and other mediums are saying that Andy is the true champion, and Noato is a 'hack' (whatever that means!). So, Noato and Yokomo have missed a trick here, because how good from a sportsmanship point of view would they look now if he had of waited? He might not of won the meeting but there certainly would not be the bad feeling that there does seem to be, just because he did n't wait!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.