R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #406
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Maybe but you have to remember that the Yoko looked good. and The best Xray driver somehow ended up the in the B main.

But good job Jilles you did EARN it!
Won B main BUT got unlucky or their risk/tactics didn't come through.

As I said before it's because Tamiya has the best TEAM

All other have some very good drivers scattered all over world.

How often Hagberg race Lemiuex, Meen to exercise their talent and get the car to its limit?

Yokomo started to do that at least in Europe with Volker and Prümper and it started to pay off as BOTH improved a lot. Check Prümper's quals, he had 2 4ths!! but got unlucky on 6th hence he only managed to be on C main, but could easily be on A main!

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #407
Tech Elite

Saturday pictures of the "A" main and trophy presentation start here

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=70&page=30
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #408
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
Saturday pictures of the "A" main and trophy presentation start here

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=70&page=30
Thanks again Nash!!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #409
Tech Addict

Video with slow-mo...

http://youtu.be/5ZRybnYU7b4
Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #410
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

RC Racing TV presents their complete coverage of the finals at the 2012 IFMAR World Championships in Heemstede.

http://www.p1brand.com/rc-racing-tv-...orlds-finals-0

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #411
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Hey Dirla, I think you made the right call. It would make for a very bad 9.5 hour flight from Amsterdam to the US if you had to think about all the electronics that got burned up in the rain because you decided to "chance" it. You should save up your energy and resources for the IIC in Las Vegas. You will see most of those same guys from Holland at the IIC.
Hmmm... If there was anytime at all to chance it, it would be at the IFMAR championship. How much is a motor and speed control vs a plane flight, hotel, food, etc? If you are worried about the cost of a $100 motor and a $200 ESC while racing at these levels, then something's amiss... Any form of racing by definition equals money. IMO, you absolutely made the wrong call.
M3Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #412
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Armand View Post
Hmmm... If there was anytime at all to chance it, it would be at the IFMAR championship. How much is a motor and speed control vs a plane flight, hotel, food, etc? If you are worried about the cost of a $100 motor and a $200 ESC while racing at these levels, then something's amiss... Any form of racing by definition equals money. IMO, you absolutely made the wrong call.
how about a $350 Advance Black Diamond $120 Futaba BLS551 and a $120 Airtronics 92451 and the Motor that Jim Skinner from Thundepower was nice enough to borrow me so I could ran since the motor I had wasn't on the IFMAR list. and the time cleaning it all off just so I can get one run in the rain. most racers had 2 cars that they took the teched sticker chassis and just bolted it to the other back up car. and just think about the diffs and the bearings and the axles you have to clean up afterwards let alone the putty that you had to clean back off your servo and receiver and sensor connectors I was here to have fun not to rebuild my car after one round of running in the rain.

water is for boats not Race cars.

and yes they run full size road races in the rain here in the states but those guys got sponsors and paid. this is toy cars for fun. I'm very lucky to get some free stuff and deals now and again but I pay for most my stuff. and like I told the one guy that runs in the rain in the UK, yes you race in the rain, you have experience on what to do and yes I could of asked for some help as everybody was more helpful with everything here, but one wrong thing and I would of been the flaming car on the infield grass also.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #413
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow View Post
RC Racing TV presents their complete coverage of the finals at the 2012 IFMAR World Championships in Heemstede.

http://www.p1brand.com/rc-racing-tv-...orlds-finals-0

Thanks for the link, They did a great job compressing the racing highlight and interviewing the racers involved....
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #414
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
water is for boats not Race cars.
I presume there isn't much rain in your local area then.
In Europe if we waited for dry days we would never get any racing done, which is why even club racing toy cars for fun means the boys who can afford it have a wet car as a backup and those of us who can't afford a second car just waterproof our main car and run it whatever the weather. To qualify for the worlds I would have had to race at three races in last years national championships when it rained. My local track only called off todays club racing this morning because around the track is waterlogged and you can't get near it.

You can't complain about it just because the others were actually prepared for racing outdoors in Europe, and I believe the weather forecast predicted rain so everyone should have known there was a chance of it. The fact there was also a designated wet tyre for the event should have given a clue that they wouldn't be stopping when it rained.

Although I believe there is a legitimate complaint about the cancelling and reinstating of the sixth round, but not being involved with the organisers discussion we should respect their decision.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #415
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
I presume there isn't much rain in your local area then.
In Europe if we waited for dry days we would never get any racing done, which is why even club racing toy cars for fun means the boys who can afford it have a wet car as a backup and those of us who can't afford a second car just waterproof our main car and run it whatever the weather. To qualify for the worlds I would have had to race at three races in last years national championships when it rained. My local track only called off todays club racing this morning because around the track is waterlogged and you can't get near it.

You can't complain about it just because the others were actually prepared for racing outdoors in Europe, and I believe the weather forecast predicted rain so everyone should have known there was a chance of it. The fact there was also a designated wet tyre for the event should have given a clue that they wouldn't be stopping when it rained.

Although I believe there is a legitimate complaint about the cancelling and reinstating of the sixth round, but not being involved with the organisers discussion we should respect their decision.
yes it rains but I own the local indoor onroad oval and dirt offroad track

Thunder RC where it never rains only THUNDERS!

some offroad video from USTREAM here

and we race year around indoors... too hot outside in the sun in Nashville in the summer!!!!

the decision to keep round 6 after cancelling round 5 when the rain started was where they went wrong but the issue was they didn't have the rain tire stickers and already in the box and you had to pay for them so it was a big mess on getting it going. the first 3 or 4 heats it was raining and it drizzled into the next couple, and by heat 11 or 12 the track was dry and everybody was on slicks and the track was clean and fast. Then it started raining hard on heat 14 which most drivers had opted for the slick tire. it was a mess also.

but I can understand Europeans issues with rain and outdoor tarmac racing...
Old 07-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #416
Tech Regular

Pics of xray cars? I dont find any on redrc or liverc,
Hagberg and Puals cars??
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #417
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
Hagberg and Puals cars??
The Hudy's aren't allowing anyone to photo their car.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #418
Tech Regular

Ok prototyp parts and car? Any one now??
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #419
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes, proto parts they don't want seen yet.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #420
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Hagberg and Puals cars??
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
The Hudy's aren't allowing anyone to photo their car.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Yes, proto parts they don't want seen yet.
From Rc50.com

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...974&fullsize=1

2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland-new-xray.jpg