R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #316
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleon1981 View Post
Too be honest, too me it looks like the fastest guys are all in the A-main, with the exception of 1 or 2 drivers. In the end the weather had a big impact on Q6 but minimal impact on the event.

I also don't see the problem with being able to save some tires. It is that way in many race classes in order to keep cost under control. As long as the same rules apply to everyone, I don't see the problem.
+1
nutsisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #317
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
Ifmar sucks racing the rain sucks ifmar just F...ed me to 130 out of 131. Guess its only good that I'm not last.... I'm thinking of running backwards....
Looks like if you had run Q6 and just done 8 or 9 laps, you could have moved up a main or two. So many either dropped out or didn't run, it was a chance to move up a lot.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #318
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Looks like if you had run Q6 and just done 8 or 9 laps, you could have moved up a main or two. So many either dropped out or didn't run, it was a chance to move up a lot.
Exactly. Keep racing hard until the horn blows.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #319
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleon1981 View Post
Too be honest, too me it looks like the fastest guys are all in the A-main, with the exception of 1 or 2 drivers. In the end the weather had a big impact on Q6 but minimal impact on the event.

I also don't see the problem with being able to save some tires. It is that way in many race classes in order to keep cost under control. As long as the same rules apply to everyone, I don't see the problem.
You can not just seat the qualifying spots based on what you see as the fastest drivers. That's what the qualifiers are for but in this case the conditions varied so much that there is no good way to know for certain who the best are. And, if 1-2 drivers who belong didn't make it then you could have 20% of the field seated wrong. 20% is HUGE.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
The whole controlling costs by limiting tires argument is a bit ridiculous when most people spend several thousand dollars to attend anyway. An extra set of tires or two would be a drop in the bucket.

Having consistent traction would probably make it a lot more enjoyable and feel a lot less like a colossal waste of money...
+1
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #321
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
yes but to chance like two guys did blowing up in flames. it wasn't worth it. I shouldn't have to subject my equipment to conditions that could cause it harm or have to kludge up the electronics with duck-tape and putty so that it's "possible" weather proof and won't overheat in a plastic tub. It wasn't a money issue I just didn't have the backup equipment to chance it. I mean I am borrowing a motor because the one I had wasn't on the IFMAR list. It's reckless and stupid to force racers even if it's a worlds championship to run in the rain. one of the team drivers asked me why I wasn't racing. I asked him if he paid for his stuff... he said no... I said "well I do and I don't get most if all of for free like he does" also I wasn't chancing burning up the motor that I got from Thunderpower to run this race. again I shouldn't have to CHANCE it...
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #322
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
yes but to chance like two guys did blowing up in flames. it wasn't worth it. I shouldn't have to subject my equipment to conditions that could cause it harm or have to kludge up the electronics with duck-tape and putty so that it's "possible" weather proof and won't overheat in a plastic tub. It wasn't a money issue I just didn't have the backup equipment to chance it. I mean I am borrowing a motor because the one I had wasn't on the IFMAR list. It's reckless and stupid to force racers even if it's a worlds championship to run in the rain. one of the team drivers asked me why I wasn't racing. I asked him if he paid for his stuff... he said no... I said "well I do and I don't get most if all of for free like he does" also I wasn't chancing burning up the motor that I got from Thunderpower to run this race. again I shouldn't have to CHANCE it...
Your exactly right! This whole race tc any way sounds like a monkey humping a football..
Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #323
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is our hobby's premiere event? No wonder you can watch plastic cup stacking competitions on ESPN but not RC racing.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #324
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
IneptlyFailingManagementAtRaces
Really? Wow.

I don't think anyone could do a better job... runnimg races is not as easy as everyone the thinks. I struggle with club races. Others struggle with regional races.
Mistakes happen.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hey Dirla, I think you made the right call. It would make for a very bad 9.5 hour flight from Amsterdam to the US if you had to think about all the electronics that got burned up in the rain because you decided to "chance" it. You should save up your energy and resources for the IIC in Las Vegas. You will see most of those same guys from Holland at the IIC.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #326
Shop Owner

Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Allowing running more tires on the event wont increase the cost as much (as you said few more sets on such big budget wont be that expensive).
BUT to be prepared to run an event with every run on new tires, then you have to run NEW tires for practice too. By practice I mean, locally, wc warmup etc. THAT will increase the cost significantly.

I'm not saying I like what happened, just giving something else to think about..

My opinion is, its not that bad the qualification tire number, adding another aspect on racing - strategy, luck, weather condition knowledge , go easier on tires (like Jilles) - but they should let the A main drivers run new tires on every runs to even things and having to avoid not seeing someone on first try, as we might see tomorrow!

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #327
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14 View Post
Your exactly right! This whole race tc any way sounds like a monkey humping a football..
Now that is funny! I once saw a dog named 'Monkey' humping a pig named 'Football'.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #328
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
This is our hobby's premiere event? No wonder you can watch plastic cup stacking competitions on ESPN but not RC racing.
+1
Chain saw and law mower racing is more popular!
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #329
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What gear is Loic? running? Did any of the AE cars make it in? Would that be a first as well?
Old 07-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #330
Tech Elite

RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote