R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #226
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
For now you can watch this video of Paul dominating in the TC Practice race last week --> http://youtu.be/yDkng9TThis

I can't wait to see (or hear about) the prototype parts for the Xray T3 that Paul is driving. I wonder if Paul is using that new Xray T3 Center Servo mount in his car. Curious to see if it makes any difference in the T3's handling.
He don't seem to use many optional parts. I like the video and how calm he is on that wheel.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #227
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
He don't seem to use many optional parts. I like the video and how calm he is on that wheel.
the new servo on on the prototype 2013 is completely different and looks to be a much better design then that one. also the steering looks different. I'm working on pictures possible......
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #228
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
the new servo on on the prototype 2013 is completely different and looks to be a much better design then that one. also the steering looks different. I'm working on pictures possible......
Good luck with pics! Unless Martin gives the go ahead (which I think they might at this race) pics will be hard to get with permission from them.

Good luck Dirla....Keep it out of the grass!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #229
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Good luck with pics! Unless Martin gives the go ahead (which I think they might at this race) pics will be hard to get with permission from them.

EA
He drove cleaner than Hacksukura in 1/12th, he'll be fine
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #230
Tech Elite

Quote:

EA
Jim Skinner from Thunderpower hooked me up with a 4.5 for TC and so far 12 laps three times in the grass and 14 laps and only twice in the grass on the practice so I'm heading in the right direction.... yes I asked paul first so he said to ask martin and I'll hold on till then. paul has 2 different cars with slight variations to the chassis and shock towers and some other things. so again not sure which one is going to be the final release version till it is anyway. that's the deal with a prototype....
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #231
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
thanks I tried to rep the USA and not bring shame on our country but with the track such a snot after 4 minutes and running a 3.5 borrowed from Robert at Black ART it was a challenge... yep I ran a 3.5 on a REAL 12th scale track and it was AWESOME
Old 07-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #232
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Jim Skinner from Thunderpower hooked me up with a 4.5 for TC and so far 12 laps three times in the grass and 14 laps and only twice in the grass on the practice so I'm heading in the right direction.... yes I asked paul first so he said to ask martin and I'll hold on till then. paul has 2 different cars with slight variations to the chassis and shock towers and some other things. so again not sure which one is going to be the final release version till it is anyway. that's the deal with a prototype....
Yes its the car like Martin had in Poland when I was there. A few slight changes since then. I had heard that if the car runs as well as it did at the warm up then it might get some early pics and press time!

Tell Jim I said Hi and make sure he takes that back before you come home. We dont need to be replacing that much click track at our place!!

Tell Martin and Harry Potter Hi as well.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
thanks I tried to rep the USA and not bring shame on our country but with the track such a snot after 4 minutes and running a 3.5 borrowed from Robert at Black ART it was a challenge... yep I ran a 3.5 on a REAL 12th scale track and it was AWESOME
Hey Dirla, at least you can say that you finished at a higher spot than Frank Calandra did. By any chance is that the same Frank Calandra that owns/operates CRC? Or is it somebody else with the same last name?

Final Pos.... Name ...
... # 72 .... Robert Dirla
... # 80 .... Frank Calandra
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #234
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I don't doubt Naoto's move was an accident. Boosted 3.5 motors probably rip pretty hard. But Naoto made a mistake, aggressively got back into the race line and then ruined another competitor's chance at winning a world championship. Oh, and he didn't wait after doing it. All of that points to a sense of entitlement on the track we've seen displayed in the past, and was fresh in our minds after his little tantrum after A2.

His buddy Hayato was doing the same sort of thing at RRoC the first day, and they called stop & go on him every time after that and took the guy out of contention. I don't care how fast you are, if you can't do it clean, you're a loser.
+1
Old 07-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #235
Tech Lord

Quote:
Hey Dirla, at least you can say that you finished at a higher spot than Frank Calandra did. By any chance is that the same Frank Calandra that owns/operates CRC? Or is it somebody else with the same last name?

Final Pos.... Name ...
Yes, that's him. He was probably too busy helping out all those CRC drivers that made the A.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #236
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

After initially looking at the photo of the track I thought 'WOW what a sweet setup'... after watching the videos... I can now only think of one thing... Why are the lanes so narrow? No wonder theses guys had to drive through one another just to pass (no excuse for rough driving though)

I know they are pro's and these are 1/12 scale cars but gee, give them some room to drive!
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #237
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Quote:

EA
Yes he did drive cleaner, but the pressure is not that high in practice. We'll have to watch and see how he handles under pressure.
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #238
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
After initially looking at the photo of the track I thought 'WOW what a sweet setup'... after watching the videos... I can now only think of one thing... Why are the lanes so narrow? No wonder theses guys had to drive through one another just to pass (no excuse for rough driving though)

I know they are pro's and these are 1/12 scale cars but gee, give them some room to drive!

It doesn't matter how wide the lanes are on that or any given track, everyone is always fighting for the same, narrow racing line.

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #239
Tech Elite

Quote:

Final Pos.... Name ...
Frank only ran one run the whole week.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #240
Tech Elite

last pictures from 12th scale

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=68&page=23

more tomorrow no internet at the track sucks....