Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland >

2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland

2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland

Old 07-25-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

volker was driving associated the last time he was racing 12 and didnt want to change the car. Yoko is Associated distributor and didnt complain.

Did Naoto use steel diff balls? They look very shiny on the pictures,
Old 07-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

naoto goes wide after tapping a boardd. he tucks in behind andy. going into the next corner andy begins to slow (nature of a tight corner with low traction). andys car at the time of the impact has control of the corner. by that i mean he has been the first to make it to the apex. whether loose or not, its andys corner. naoto came in to hot. he took and out. naoto is responsible in this situation the back off and allow the driver who controls the corner to proceed without risk of a take out. since contact is made naoto should have waited. roar and ifmar have used the language of controlling a corner by terms of apex in the past. to not do it here on this stage is not acceptable. the most telling part of all of this is the remaining 7 minutes. after naoto and andy have contact, naoto backs off. he no longer is as strapped. hes driving with more control. his car actually turns a bit in the chicanes. this to me, shows intent. he didnt back off for a reason. it to me is intentional. and in 2000 we saw this kind of driving at the 1/12th wc's in japan. alot of controversy over rough driving with intent
Old 07-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
His buddy Hayato was doing the same sort of thing at RRoC the first day, and they called stop & go on him every time after that and took the guy out of contention.
Personally I wanted to see Andy take the crown, I think it would have been well deserved but ...

Racers will push the limits of motor, batteries, tires and driving style untill there is a penalty imposed. Congratulate the folks at RRoC for setting a tone for what is acceptable 'aggressive' driving and what is not for that event. There were tons of incidents in A1-A3, I was looking for IFMAR to set a similar tone .. never happened. That's what I believe should have occurred.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

In the midst of all that drama between the top 2 ... How about Mr."come back kid" Rick Hohwart? 1992 was the last time Rick made it to the A-Main in the 1:12 World Championship. This year it looked like he was going to settle for the B-Main, but then his team-mate Keven Hebert gave Rick a new setup that worked so well. Rick even said that his car was the best it has been since the event started with it being real easy to drive. Rick finished in 5th place overall.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Old 07-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by takymo
1. It's disturbing to see someone looking for a 'good' power board for the new LRP Flow that just came out.

2. That's where my 2 year supply of 1:12 tires went .. damn.

J/K
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

lol i dont think this are the final ones as they dont have the opend soldering points like some motors have and the flow speedo should have. Maybe he is just wondering where the alloy cases went

btw nice black cabel

are those seel balls in the diff? Any benefit in steel?
Do they just use the outer ring for diff balls or the inner ring too? Most manuals recommand less balls so just wondering. I dont know much about 12 racing.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

That photo of the guy from LRP looks more like a delivery of the PCB's which he is inspecting.
We get a lot of PCB's delivered like that at my work. I should think he's just checking them over before assembling them there and then.

Skiddins
Old 07-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by takymo
volker was driving associated the last time he was racing 12 and didnt want to change the car. Yoko is Associated distributor and didnt complain.

Did Naoto use steel diff balls? They look very shiny on the pictures,
Want to see photos of volker's AE....
Old 07-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Personally I wanted to see Andy take the crown, I think it would have been well deserved but ...
I would have preferred Paul, but I was rooting for Andy also.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Originally Posted by ByteStream
I would have preferred Paul, but I was rooting for Andy also.
I think that Paul Lemieux stands a much better chance of winning top honors in the TC Races over the next 3 days.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
I think that Paul Lemieux stands a much better chance of winning top honors in the TC Races over the next 3 days.
True but it never hurts to hope. I can't wait to watch that.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
That photo of the guy from LRP looks more like a delivery of the PCB's which he is inspecting.
We get a lot of PCB's delivered like that at my work. I should think he's just checking them over before assembling them there and then.

Skiddins
That is a nice climate controlled location there to help control static discharge.

This is the World's race and these drivers are going to drive their hearts out trying to win. They won't slow down until the sanctioning bodies says they have gone to far and will be assessed a stop and go. If the sanctioning body isn't going to enforce the rules then you will continue to see hit and runs happen. It is almost like kids taking cookies from the cookie jar, they are going to continue to do that until they are told no or until they run out.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

the result is super fair. Yeah Andy could have won aswell but it is deserved!
There are not many top drivers who actually race 12 all week and support and push that class so Naoto is the guy who should win this event.
And for sure he is one of the best drivers in the world he is always fast right from the beginning and like masami always driving very near to stock chassis. For me he is one of those who help this whole hobby most.
Talking about how he drove one corner wont explain anything, this is a super fast class and the track was slippery and hard to drive you cant blaim any driver for the errors. There is nobody out who wants to crash on purpose or take some extra risk.
Those guys race together nearly every weekend and now each other much better than we can by watching 3 final runs.

And I am sure they would wait after touching but it is much too close and the track is narrow. At the touring worlds when hara battled with rheinard hara both waited for rach other but at some point you cant wait because everyone is closing upand back than Rheinard couldnt wait and took the win.
Andy seemed pretty lucky after the race so no reason why we sould bother
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Originally Posted by wwddww34
True but it never hurts to hope. I can't wait to watch that.
For now you can watch this video of Paul dominating in the TC Practice race last week --> http://youtu.be/yDkng9TThis

I can't wait to see (or hear about) the prototype parts for the Xray T3 that Paul is driving. I wonder if Paul is using that new Xray T3 Center Servo mount in his car. Curious to see if it makes any difference in the T3's handling.

Last edited by wwddww34; 07-25-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.