R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H
Default batt. case?

hey guys, im planning to start building my own batteries...im pretty sure i know waht i need..i have a soldering station that works great. its the 40w station that heats up in like 5 seconds. Im going to need a battery jig, battery bars, plugs etc etc. but my real question is if a batt. case is needed? i read somewhere that you need a batt case because you dont want any of the batteries touching right?
Old 02-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Most definitely. A secure means of storing your batteries will insure no funny smoke will come out of your garage in the middle of the night after a day of racing because 2 packs shorted against each other Plus it will help you keep your race packs organized at the track so that you know which to run and when.
Go to promatchracing.com and they will have everything that you mentioned above.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mike,

Take a look at http://www.rcprofessor.com We have battery cases in stock at a reasonable price.
RC Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:26 PM   #4
TCR
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Professor
Mike,

Take a look at http://www.rcprofessor.com We have battery cases in stock at a reasonable price.
can i buy your case without any labels?

Is this exactly like the fukuyama case, whats important to me is the really good foam inside....
cheap foam in battery cases suckors
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:54 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

i like fukus...wahts wrong with fukus?
Old 02-27-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've got the Fukuyama case, and it works great. It'll hold 8 packs, but I only hold 4 of them in there, and put them in every other slot. In the opposing slots, I wrote "charged" on one side (of the foam insert) and "discharged" on the other, with arrows, so I can keep track of my packs. I love it, best $20 I've spent in a while.

Last edited by syndr0me; 02-27-2005 at 11:28 PM.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:46 AM   #7
TCR
Tech Addict

Nothing is wrong with fuku's, I'm just not very political, I want a fuku case without the fuku writing.

I want it blank so I can do my own graphical design thing on it.
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:47 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

TCR,

We would be happy to sell you a case without the label if you want. As far as the foam, it is soft foam that has perforations and allows you to pluck out squares and customize as you wish. You can arrange 6-cell packs, 4-cell packs, or even motors in these cases. No matter what you decide to store in our cases, your packs or motors will be well protected and held in snug. Take a look at the pic. Each case has an upper foam liner, foam around each pack, and even a thin foam liner on the bottom (under the battery packs, hard to see in the pic).

RC Professor is offline   Reply With Quote