R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default yokomo mr4tc special help?

i pulled out my super old yokomo mr4tc bd special outta the closet, i believe it started as a yokomo mr4tc pro and was converted with the special conversion. i wanted to start club racing with this car but i wanted to go through the car and rebuild it. i already have downloaded the manual but it is not specific enough for the sizes of diff and thrust balls so i was wondering if anyone has experience with this car and parts compatibility with other more recent yokokmo belt driven cars. im mainly looking for diff compatibility: for example, are there any spools that will drop in( or with some shimming), or other ball/gear diffs that will drop in? also, does anyone know what size the diff balls are? the thrust balls? in case i can only rebuild these existing diffs.....
9six7nine2bOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think the diff balls are 3/32, ill know for certain when i get home. I run one of these in vta, thankfully its very durable because parts are non existent. I haven't found any alternate diff parts, my outdrives are getting quite worn, and i still like running the old girl.
jsinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsinclair View Post
I think the diff balls are 3/32, ill know for certain when i get home. I run one of these in vta, thankfully its very durable because parts are non existent. I haven't found any alternate diff parts, my outdrives are getting quite worn, and i still like running the old girl.
are you able to rebuild the diffs with other brand diff balls and thrust balls? what bout the diff rings? when i ran this car a few years ago it was very competitive among other chassis such as the tc5 and cyclones. idk whats out there now but im sure ill be fine. thanks for the info
Old 07-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Tech Master

Im running Hpi a151 diff balls, i sanded and polished the rings. Still running the stock thrust balls.
The thrust balls are 1/16". There part#'s for the rings are zs-506 thrust rings are zs-507
Old 07-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsinclair View Post
Im running Hpi a151 diff balls, i sanded and polished the rings. Still running the stock thrust balls.
The thrust balls are 1/16". There part#'s for the rings are zs-506 thrust rings are zs-507

sweet thanks for your help? i cant seem to tell by the manual but, does the diff screw that goes into the outdrive to tighten/loosen the diff go on the smooth side of the diff gear or is it called a diff pulley? any way the manual states to make sure the the diffs are mounted correctly in the housing by making sure the smooth side of the diff gear is facing a certain way( opposite of each other) but does that mean the diff screw must be in the outdrive on the smooth side of the diff gear/pulley so the diffs wont loosen each other????
Old 07-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Tech Master

It will only fit one way
Old 07-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

thanks i figured it out finally......did you shim your diffs? i noticed some left to right play in the diff housing but i dont got any shims. does it matter for belt driven cars?>

Last edited by 9six7nine2bOI; 07-16-2012 at 01:57 AM.