Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Sport 2 Flux - Belt Sag

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HPI Sport 2 Flux - Belt Sag

So I spun the little gears that the belt drive gears are on so I could get some slack out of the back belt (wore off all the teeth from slipping), but now I can't get the front belt tight enough even with the belt tension.

What next?
Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpecialTest
So I spun the little gears that the belt drive gears are on so I could get some slack out of the back belt (wore off all the teeth from slipping), but now I can't get the front belt tight enough even with the belt tension. What next?

The 3 notches in the motor mounts is the HPI provision for 'adjusting/setting' rear belt tension and front belt pretension.

HPI Sport 2 Flux - Belt Sag-belt-eccentrics-copy.jpgHPI Sport 2 Flux - Belt Sag-motor-mounts.jpgHPI Sport 2 Flux - Belt Sag-motor-mounts-copy.jpg

If you relocate the eccentrics to tighten the rear belt it causes slack in the front = the front belt tensioner is virtually useless.

If you relocate the eccentrics to loosen the rear belt it tightens the front belt.

The fix for this is to do some belt tensioner mods.

If you rounded off the teeth on the main shaft pulleys they have to be replaced and check that the teeth on the gear diff pulleys are still intact.

If these are buggered you'll have to replace them as well.

You will need to replace the belts, too.

Proper belt tensions are important - from a wear standpoint and a perfomance stand point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHrH9...yer_detailpage