Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Different Arms, Different Motors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Exclamation Different Arms, Different Motors?

Ive heard around that different armature can be used in different cans? So actually what arms will work in what cans? And what benefit can be gained by this? Also, if you have done this and had an increase in performance, post the arm/can/endbell and brush/spring setup you use.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You can put differnt arms in different cans, almost any combo will fit, but the motor will no longer be legal.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

if you race stock
Old 02-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well hold on.....

Now, if you swap arms between stocks......it will be illegal and they really don't run any better.....if they did, the companies would of released the motor......

Now, in the terms of modifieds.....you CAN legally swap arms from one to another.....but not in all cases.

Our modified motors are basically made at two companies.....Sagami and Tokoyo Mechs...

Tokoyo Mechs makes all the trinity motors and Sagami makes motors for multiple companies, including both Reedy and Orion/Peak....

So.....they do share parts....A d6 based motor can use ANY arm from a D5.....and the new cobalt can use 3 of the 4 available arms( I was told the skewed blank was not submitted).....

And likewise....the Reedy arms can be swapped some....but not all.

An you CAN take a Reedy Ti arm and put it in any V2 can....its the SAME approved arm, and likewise, a V2 arm could be used in a Ti....( a pissy tech guy could give you fits if the arm was marked ORION, but its still the legal approved arm, so his point is moot who wound it).

From my understanding, the new Checkpoint mods are using the sagami small comm 4mm and 5mm blanks, identical to what the Orion v2 and Reedy Ti/Pt motors use....

I know its confusing, but you CAN in some cases swamp arms......you just need to make sure its within the rules....

If you are ever in doubt, feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will let you know....

Later EddieO
Old 02-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So a V2 8x2 with the 5mm web should go like a Ti 8x2 with a 5mm web?
Old 02-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guess I am not understanding your question....

If you are saying performance wise....it all depends. There are other factors in the equation....so its quite possible swapping the arm between a v2 and a Ti could be a dog.....or it could turn it into a rocket.....or more than likely, it will perform about the same.

If you are just asking if they will work......yes they will....there are two sagami small comm arms that are imported into the US for reedy and orion mods....the 4mm blank and 5mm blank.....either of which is legal to be used in a Ti, Pt, or V2.....doesn't matter who wound it....its the same arm....

Later EddieO
Old 02-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

well, have any of you tried it? what kind of results did u get?