Search

UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eComet
Sounds great!

But please do not take the fun element out of the series by means of over-competition. I totally see that IIC can be the serious championship deal but for regular UF1 with many regular drivers, fun should be the top priority.

UF1 started with fun and realistic scale look in mind.
i agree with that, thats why no gyros and speedos must be ROAR legal.

spread the word...
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys. Pick a forum and stick to it. Why are there two forums discussing UF!?

Close one or the other, but there isn't enough people out there who are willing to search out two forum threads for information.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Hey guys. Pick a forum and stick to it. Why are there two forums discussing UF!?

Close one or the other, but there isn't enough people out there who are willing to search out two forum threads for information.
Agreed. I say keep the one where it originated...Cali forum.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Questions??

Is there a way the moderator can move and merge this Electric On-Road thread with the one in California Racing?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Agreed. I say keep the one where it originated...Cali forum.
Is there a way the moderator can move and merge this Electric On-Road thread with the one in California Racing?
Or subscribe to both UF1 threads or better yet subscribe to all F1 threads but I know you guys already did that.

I think 240Z's intention was to have 2 UF1 threads so us So Cal guys could keep the local stuff fresh on one and the other for everything/one else UF1.

I think maybe one will do it afterall.

Is there any way to clean up then re open the original "F1 is alive in So Cal" thread? That would be the "Ultimate" solution.
So much useful information there from the git go that's gonna go stale.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default A new grand strat

Originally Posted by TPhalen
...We'll keep ya posted with what's in store for the future UF1 series. But until then, it's still belongs to the man, the myth and the UF1 legend, Mr. Lightfoot.
Sounds grand, I belive that any true progress has to include (ideas and active participation) not just of "a few persons," but at least of most of the persons that actually make UF1 what it is and want to participate organizing it.

After all we are a bunch of people (much more than a logo, a name or a website). A bunch of enthusiasts that get together to race. To keep this legacy alive, it will help if everyone feels included and part of the decision making process.

If people are left out of the organization, and it's happened before, naturally they go away. Lets try to make this new thing as open an participative as possible for everyone to really feel a part of it.

I keep volunteering to help out in any way when the time comes and I am sure a lot of the guys will to.

Thanks Tony,
Marcos
Old 07-11-2012, 11:48 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.teamtrf.com/index.php/set...ategory/7-f104

Set up Spam!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A new UF1 thread has been opened in the Cal regional forum. Us folks from Cal. will more than likely continue to use that thread.

The question I pose to all of the racers who DO NOT race in Cal. is:
Should we leave the UF1 thread open in the electric on-road forum for tracks and UF1 series racers from all regions, or is it preferred to just have the regional forums with individual UF1 threads?

I would also be interested in knowing what other UF1 series are starting up wherever they may be and what threads you may be using on RCTECH.

Looking forward to some replies....
Old 07-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
A new UF1 thread has been opened in the Cal regional forum. Us folks from Cal. will more than likely continue to use that thread.

Should we leave the UF1 thread open in the electric on-road forum for tracks and UF1 series racers from all regions, or is it preferred to just have the regional forums with individual UF1 threads?

I would also be interested in knowing what other UF1 series are starting up wherever they may be and what threads you may be using on RCTECH.

Isn't there already another F1 thread 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...? My take is to chat anything F1 related including some generic UF1 there and keep the regional UF1 in the California Racing. Different regions can also open their respective UF1 threads.

Multiple F1 threads in the On-Road might diversify the topic.

Just my thought.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Changed my comment after seeing eComet's statement. His proposal makes good sense. The thread he mentioned sees alot of use.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 240Z

I like having both. You can have nationalized talks over here, and the really good behind the scenes stuff in the Cali thread like it has been. Plus for people like me that get bored at work and like to read, more places to look. My humble opinion. Or MHO for the hipsters
Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Just as I as I am startig to bulid, gracias seņor Fred.

Going to Speedtech Sunday? I hope so so you can check the build.

Cheers!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Isn't there already another F1 thread 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...? My take is to chat anything F1 related including some generic UF1 there and keep the regional UF1 in the California Racing. Different regions can also open their respective UF1 threads.

Multiple F1 threads in the On-Road might diversify the topic.

Just my thought.
Agreed. I think we can probably close down the UF1 thread in the Electric Onroad section. Yes?