Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-24-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Mini-zcene

GOT MINI-Z?
WARPSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:23 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Got 3 but the track i used to play them at have closed. So no place to play them. Kinda miss those little cars. Got a MR02 with Mclaren MM, MR01 with a Subarw RM and a Mini-Z Monster.
FurtiveZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:17 AM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Got three also, but haven;t really run them.
I have a MR02 that is in need of a FET repair...been too busy to do it.
I have a MR01 that is fully upgraded that I am selling.....$100
and another MR01 that is Kyosho legal and only has ball diff and bearings and I love it.....

I think these things are great but the mini craze moved over to the 18th scale.....Got one of those too....RC18T

If you are looking to buy a MR01 fully upgraded please email me I will through in a bunch of extra tires and another ball diff.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
Tech Master

We race them on Wednesday nights and get 40-50 each week in Oldsmar, Florida!! They rock. We have a new road course with high bank oval... check it out.

The problem we have now is GP is cutting back on Mini-Z parts and we might have to go overseas for parts....

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/franks
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Just wondering if stacking the FET's is easy. I want to do an FET upgrade on both my MR02 and MR01. My monster already have stacked FETs. Would it be an easy soldering job or is it not worth the trouble to do DIY?? Thanks.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #6
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Unless you are a soldering genius send it out.
I have a MR01 setup with 4X2 FET upgrade if you are looking at buying a car. It also has green chassis, ball diff x2, bearings, aluminum motor mount, all three degree knuckles and a ton of extras. Let me know. I will sell it for $100
Stephen <><
Oh if you are looking for a place to have your FETs done
Look under Tech area
http://www.minizhobbyshop.com/
Hope this helps
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 08:52 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Shookie,
I thought that it would be a hassle too. Anyway i'll pass on the MR01 offer. Got more Z's than i have time for anyway. Thanks. The problem is theres not many mini Z where im from, so i dont know who can do it for me locally. Oh well guess those hot motors would have to wait then
Old 02-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #8
Tech Regular

im not in it yet but very soon to be! im ordering a mr-02 from tower and when i get it im sending it back out to mini-zracer.com for 2x2 stacking! stacking on a z is like upgrading a speedo on a 1/10th car right? i can use lower turn motors but not nessecarly use more batterys?
kh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #9
Tech Master

Thumbs up Too many mini Z's

I have a bag full of new unopened mini z parts. From rubber and foam tires, aluminum rims, aluminum pods, carbon t plates you name it I have it. I must have $1000 in parts. I will sell the entire bag for $300.....would be great if you own a hobby shop.........
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:46 AM   #10
Tech Addict

Default Mini-z Forum Only thing Missing on RCTech

Only aspect of RC racing without its own Forum.

I like my XXX-S, but not living near a center of racing action I am dispointed with my options.

I really think min-z format has a chance of puting some of the fun back in RC racing and attracting new racers.

1. Entry cost is low EX: MR02 RTR $99.00 basic hopups (bearings,ball diff, X-speed motor, better tires<$40, 4 AAA NIMH and charger,$20) This buys you a full size transmitter as good as any 1/10 RTR. A car with a ESC, proportional throttle and steering.

2. Runtime. You can easily have 10 or 15 min races.
Ray-o-Vac makes a 15 min NIMH charger. Theoretically you could race for 15 mins, take 5 min break and race again for another 15 mins.

3. You can acutally build your own track and practice

I am really surprised more Hobby Shops do not support the class.
I would think many would have the space for a track. From the little reading I have done it seems as if despite the low entry cost many people choose to spend a good deal of money buying upgrades and extra cars. Kyosho makes a number of very nice collectable bodies for these cars.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well said !!! I truly hope to see Kyosho make more progress with the Z cars. The changes they are going through will hopefully allow them to market and support ALL their products a bit better.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #12
Tech Addict

Default Track

I am working hard on turning my concrete patio 450sqft into a track. I have been filling in all the cracks trying to create a real smooth mini-z course. Most mini-z racing is done on little carpeted or rubber mat tracks but I like bigger flowing tracks.
Right now I am using rubber garden hose for track edges.
I am not sure what I will eventually use. I am also planning on wrapping the hose with foam rubber at those places on the track where the car is most likely to hit barrier.

If my testing works out and my car can handle the out door enviroment and the inevitable dust and debris(even after sweeping and blowing off) I am thinking of trying to give the track some realistic detail. I have never liked the pvc pipe on parking lot look.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:52 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wouldn't the bare garden hose be better than wrapping it?? Alot of the people who have the pre-made tracks don't like the foam barriers because it doesn't let the cars slide off easily. The car ends up basically digging in to the foam. Maybe the bare hose would be better.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

can you fit those little mini upgrade motors in to the mini-z? my lhs has little monster stock motors for little cars so im just wondering.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BigRon

Guru, if your talking about the motors for the 1/18 size cars, then the answer is "no" I sure of. I have two sons (5 & 10) who want to get into racing. I have decided to give the mini-z's a try because of the low entry fee and the fact that you can build a track at home. That will give them plenty of opportunity to practice. Where we live there are a couple places that race them but there's not much time to practice.
BigRon is offline   Reply With Quote