Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HPI Sport 2 Flux Issues >

HPI Sport 2 Flux Issues

HPI Sport 2 Flux Issues

Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HPI Sport 2 Flux Issues

So I've newly entered the brushless game. I used to have a nitro Savage (early model) but got rid of it due to lack of skill keeping it in tune. To replace it I got a E-Firestorm that was great, but I got bored with it--too slow--and I eventually sold it a year later for the same price I paid for it new. Now, two years later I decided to pick up a HPI Sport 2 Flux. I followed the "Set Up" word for work, charged the battery that came with it (awaiting some Turnigy LiPo's) and it doesn't seem to work correctly. As soon as you give it some throttle (it doesn't matter how much or little) it quickly dies within seconds. You get good speed (a burn out) at full throttle, but it stop going anywhere before the tires even get traction. Do it at a small amount of throttle, and it loses juice before it even gets to 4 or 5 mph. It does the same thing not matter how many times I squeeze the throttle or how far I do it. I quickly loose interest in it, and I just set it aside for now until I get get some assistance on figuring out what is up with the thing.

I've only charged the battery once (using the approx. 6 hour wall charger that came with it), and I'm afraid to charge it again with out really draining it (it's a NiMH battery), but I don't know if it's a valid fear or not. I'd just like to get the car running so I can take it to a parking lot to do some driving with it. I want it to run like it should, but it doesn't seem to.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ol-set-up.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ing-issue.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...x-problem.html
Old 07-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Tech Rookie

I've gone through and followed the directions posted on those threads and it hasn't fixed anything.

I plug in the battery while holding down full throttle. I continue to hold full throttle until I hear a series of tones, and the light goes from blinking green to blinking red. I then hold full reverse until the light goes from blinking red to blinking yellow, and plays a series of tones. At that point I let go of the trigger to let it go to zero, and wait until it's all done blinking yellow and playing tones.

No matter how many times I do it it still doesn't work... what gives?

On difference is that it only plays three tones when it is doing the ringing, and not the four that it says it should.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The good news is that is a very common car. Take it to a local hobby shop or track and ask them if someone could check the esc or battery. While rare, it is possible to have a bad part out of the box.
Where do you live?