R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #316
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I watched the 17.5 A main objectively and honestly didn't see anything but good racing by the top 4 drivers,unfortunately when running that close one mistake can cost you. I didn't see anything wrong with what Chris Adams did,however the crowds reaction i found rather hilarious as i'm completely sure none of the people moaning and groaning have ever touched someone while attempting to pass. Agreed this was the A main and therefore had the best drivers but c'mon guys it's all part of racing and after reading some of the stories on here i'm sure it was not the worst incident of the weekend.Just my 2 cents feel free to spend it wherever you want.
skater-deez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #317
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Click here --> http://www.rccarcal.com/2013_Snowbird_Nats/Road_Course_Results.pdf to see all race results for the Road Course classes.
Thanks for posting the results, but the B Main results seem to be missing from all of the on-road classes.
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #318
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

any video's of the amateur tc A or B mains?

Had an awesome time at my first snowbirds!! Cannot wait to go back!!

Eric Lee
Old 02-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I was watching the video of 1/12th mod run, and at the end, they scan a bar code (or something) which prints out the lap times. Is this part of the rc scoring pro software? This was very interesting...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #320
Tech Elite

No. John Catricala wrote that program. It works with scoring pro to give you your laps. Very cool.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
No. John Catricala wrote that program. It works with scoring pro to give you your laps. Very cool.
Many thanks... Does it work off a bar code (that was my guess)... No I'm not a programmer... just trying to understand how it works... So if bar code, is it based on one bar code label per class or per driver then the screen asks which class? Just asking...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #322
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yep, barcode. You pick up a sticker that corresponds to your name and put it on the bottom of your radio. Then you can scan it as you're walking off the stand and get a print out with all your practice lap times. It's a great system. Reminds me of the sort of thing you see at laser tag places.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #323
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
There is a endless list of people who would love to buy a fast laps system from John. I solicit to buy one every time I see him..
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #324
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default 1/12 th A main 17.5

Does any body have a video of 1/12th A main 17.5? I thought I saw it earlier in the week and can not find it.

Thanks Chris
bigcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #325
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Hey Chris,

Click on this YouTube video -->http://youtu.be/EDzvupJr1JU and look over on the right column to see related Snowbirds videos. There was one in there of the 1/12 Scale 17.5 A-Main.

Check out this article on Xray's web page specifically about the Figure 8 Race.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/XRAY_wins_Crash_race_at_Snowbirds_2013
Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #326
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams View Post
Glad you guys enjoyed that race. Yes, i did pull back into Franchesco, and yes it probably did cost me the race by waiting, so did the other 4 times I tapped the boards. It was making me sick to watch some of the races and see the guys blatantly take each other out and not wait. Eric did what he needed to do to win and I did not. If anyone had an issue with what happened between Corey and I with a min left in the race shouldn't anymore. The video shows a clean inside pass into the sweeper. Corey lifted and came down on me. We talked about it after and he agreed. I know you Florida guys wanted him to win it :P See you guys in Mod and 13.5 from now on.
This is absolutely correct . What happens between me and Chris in the sweeper was I went a little wide Chris got to the inside I tried to shut the door but he was already there . Because I lifted I went to the pipe . There was nothing he did that was wrong it was my mistake and we all make them. In the end I am very happy where I finished especially when the top 5 where separated by a little over a second.
It was great racing with you Chris I'm looking forward to next time

Cory parsons
Old 02-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #327
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by clparsons123 View Post
This is absolutely correct . What happens between me and Chris in the sweeper was I went a little wide Chris got to the inside I tried to shut the door but he was already there . Because I lifted I went to the pipe . There was nothing he did that was wrong it was my mistake and we all make them. In the end I am very happy where I finished especially when the top 5 where separated by a little over a second.

Cory parsons
Hey Cory, you drove great at the Snowbirds. You will be even faster once you get your hands on a T4. Btw, that pass you made on Franchesco was an absolute beauty! Surprised it hasn't been mentioned more.
CoreyW. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #328
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:

Cory parsons
Were you driving a T3 2012? If so wow I'm impressed, and also will you post the set up? I'm still racing my 2013 this year too.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #329
Tech Adept

Quote:
John's Program works off the signal genarated from the AMB lap counter. it captures the same date that Autoscore and Rcsoring Pro uses.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #330
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:

Cory parsons
Anyone that wants to progress in racing and get sponsored needs to read this exchange.

They are two class acts and are great representatives of the brands supporting them.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote