Search

The 2013 Snowbird Nationals: Jan 29th - Feb 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

17.5 tc "A" main

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=73&page=34

Final pictures trophy and concourse
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I was extremely skeptical of some of the driving in the 17.5 sedan A-main watching the live video of the race, especially after some of the crowd reaction. But now that I've seen it more clearly, that might be the best stock sedan race I've ever seen at a big event. Kudos to all involved, there was some stellar moves in there, and sportsmanship all around.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I was extremely skeptical of some of the driving in the 17.5 sedan A-main watching the live video of the race, especially after some of the crowd reaction. But now that I've seen it more clearly, that might be the best stock sedan race I've ever seen at a big event. Kudos to all involved, there was some stellar moves in there, and sportsmanship all around.
Yep. The Stock Sedan A was one of the best tc races Ive seen in a long time. Despite the crowd's reaction, none of the moves at the top of the pack were out of line IMO.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by syndr0me
+1
Thank you for posting this video Dirla. http://youtu.be/ahVr-NkLMGs

In this 17.5 Spec Sedan A-Main race Chris Adams took 2nd place. Kudos to Chris for good sportsmanship when he waited a few seconds after passing fellow Xray driver, Fancesco Martini, with an almost perfect inside turn pass. Francesco tried to close the door on Chris but ended up bouncing off Chris' car and going to the outside wall. Chris then pulled over and waited approx. 3 seconds. I believe that if Chris never pulled over to wait, he would have won 1st place in this race. Chris was ahead of Eric Anderson before he pulled over and waited for Francesco.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
+1
Thank you for posting this video Dirla. http://youtu.be/ahVr-NkLMGs

In this 17.5 Spec Sedan A-Main race Chris Adams took 2nd place. Kudos to Chris for good sportsmanship when he waited a few seconds after passing fellow Xray driver, Fancesco Martini, with an almost perfect inside turn pass. Francesco tried to close the door on Chris but ended up bouncing off Chris' car and going to the outside wall. Chris then pulled over and waited approx. 3 seconds. I believe that if Chris never pulled over to wait, he would have won 1st place in this race. Chris was ahead of Eric Anderson before he pulled over and waited for Francesco.
To me it looked like Chris waited because he pulled back into the line too soon after he tapped and parked Francesco who was passing him cleanly. It was the right thing to do.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Suspended

Glad you guys enjoyed that race. Yes, i did pull back into Franchesco, and yes it probably did cost me the race by waiting, so did the other 4 times I tapped the boards. It was making me sick to watch some of the races and see the guys blatantly take each other out and not wait. Eric did what he needed to do to win and I did not. If anyone had an issue with what happened between Corey and I with a min left in the race shouldn't anymore. The video shows a clean inside pass into the sweeper. Corey lifted and came down on me. We talked about it after and he agreed. I know you Florida guys wanted him to win it :P See you guys in Mod and 13.5 from now on.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

i got completely destroyed after an epic holeshot to take the lead after the tone in the wgt c main. i did not see anyone waiting for me. went from 2nd to first, to last in 2 corners. id love to see the replay of that. big race driving has gotten way out of control, its a shame. its good to hear that some people actually have some sportsmanship left. and i dont even want to start talking about oval.

Last edited by al dente; 02-06-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Glad you guys enjoyed that race. Yes, i did pull back into Franchesco, and yes it probably did cost me the race by waiting, so did the other 4 times I tapped the boards. It was making me sick to watch some of the races and see the guys blatantly take each other out and not wait. Eric did what he needed to do to win and I did not. If anyone had an issue with what happened between Corey and I with a min left in the race shouldn't anymore. The video shows a clean inside pass into the sweeper. Corey lifted and came down on me. We talked about it after and he agreed. I know you Florida guys wanted him to win it :P See you guys in Mod and 13.5 from now on.
I think the 17.5 A Main was one of the best races of the weekend. There were a lot of BRUTAL races. All of the 13.5 Sedan races were a mess.

I really think that the race director should call restarts and stop and go's. Sometimes they are fair and sometimes they are not but either way the possibility of getting called in for a stop will make racers think twice about being too aggressive. Also, if 1/2 the field gets parked/punted in the first 1/2 lap there should be a red flag and a restart.

On some blog Hagberg was taking about how US carpet tracks are very different than Euro carpet tracks. The Euro tracks are bigger (usually one more 12' strip of carpet deeper), more flowing and the use of dots and soft barriers allow racers to successfully use different lines so there are more and safer passing opportunities. Honestly, I like corner dots more than flappers. I would rather have a guy that cut a line too tight go flying rather than bounce back into me and take me out.

It would be cool if the US race promoters tried to set up a more Euro style track at the next IIC or Bird's.

Last edited by AdrianM; 02-06-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have to agree that there was a general lack of driving courtesy at this race... What made it worse was that there was nothing being called by the race directors. Even hearing a stop and go called once throughout the weekend might have deterred some of the future poor driving.

A buddy of mine got peeled straight out of the bump up spot in a blatant passer-at-fault move... The whole crowd boo-ed, yet still nothing. I also saw a couple guys wait just long enough for the car they punted to recover, then take off in front of that car, when they had been behind prior to the hit/contact.

Overall, it was a great race with some great driving. But the only top driver I saw wait and relinquish the lead after making contact with the car they were passing was Donny Lia, after hitting Schreffler in the 13.5 12th A-main.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

mod tc a main

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Click here --> http://www.rccarcal.com/2013_Snowbird_Nats/Road_Course_Results.pdf to see all race results for the Road Course classes.

Click here --> http://www.rccarcal.com/2013_Snowbird_Nats/Snowbirds_Oval_Results.pdf to see all race results for the Oval classes.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Yeah I struggled with different things just to get in my main and THINK I had it worked out, but someone thought blatantly corner diving me (ending my main before making 1 lap) was the way to go.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Thank you everyone for one of the best Snowbirds to date. Finally waking up and feeling human again haha. Full pictures should be up on rcactionpics.com tonight. Will post more on our Facebook page with cool news, coverage, etc. from 2013. Looking forward to Snowbirds XX!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

THANKS TO MIKE AND THE ENTIRE CREW for putting on another fantastic Snowbirds Nationals event!

I sure enjoyed being there - and I'm looking forward to next year!

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies

on-road results - http://racepf.com/blog/2013/02/fisch...013-snowbirds/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.