R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #166
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Hey Robbie, just run 13.5 and Mod with us.

And I agree with others. With how sudden this decision was made and how close it is to the race, it's only fair to allow the motor. It's not only affecting the on-road guys, but the oval guys as well. We're talking hundreds of 17.5 motors that end up being paper weights for this race.

Either way, can't wait for my return to the Birds after a 2 year absence.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #167
Tech Elite

I have a 5.0
Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #168
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

How about this Ficco if your sig. Said trinity instead of thunder power you would have a different opinion this motor. The motor was legal and now roar make it banned this just shows how messed up our sanctioning body is how do you approve a motor then not approve it silly . now two weeks till the race how can you expect the average racers running multiple classes to drop another 2-4 hundred dollars on motors this fast .
Old 01-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #169
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka View Post
How about this Ficco if your sig. Said trinity instead of thunder power you would have a different opinion this motor. The motor was legal and now roar make it banned this just shows how messed up our sanctioning body is how do you approve a motor then not approve it silly . now two weeks till the race how can you expect the average racers running multiple classes to drop another 2-4 hundred dollars on motors this fast .
The same way they would drop 2-4 hundred dollars if someone came out with a new faster motor just before a big race.

What if you make it through tech but them someone see's you have something illegal on your car and tech then says you cant run because of said issue. Do you then say well too bad I already made it through tech once? No. You fix the issue and continue racing.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #170
Tech Elite

My sig used to say trinity. Even being sponsored by them it was still a motor of the month club. I don't know the ins and outs of the details, but I'm sure they have some merit. If I were still running for them, I would be pretty upset, and demanding replacements. Like a guy said earlier, insure the have entry of pulses and nemisises laying around. Funny thing is, I pulled out some old duo ones and they were still on pace. Just glad I found a way out.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #171
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=384615

Here is some more info.
TOM MAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #172
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

this is my point and i will leave it alone after this the motor was perfectly legal up to today and no one had issues with it but all of a sudden bang its not roar legal anymore who cares this is not a roar race the motor was listed as we can run it and we have all had access to this motor for months now not a big deal larry showed us all in vegas that he could go fast with other thunder power stuff haynes won his classes with reedy motors so i dont see a problem

Every race since august people have run the motors. now let look at every ROAR national since and strip the top places till you come across some one running a "legal" motor does that sound fair to them no why should it be fair to the average racer that has purchased motor that are now not "legal"

i personaly would love to see why they were not legal
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Do any of you honestly think this motor will not be allowed at the Snowbirds?

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #174
Tech Adept

You can read the ROAR's official news release here --> http://www.roarracing.com/?cat=6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAR Approvals View Post
Thursday, January 17th, 2013
Approval status of Trinity D3.5 and D3.5-based OEM motors
After a great deal of consideration the ROAR Executive Committee has determined that the Trinity D3.5 motor and others based on the D3.5, do not comply with the organization’s required specifications for motors in the 17.5 stock class. The determination is based on the fact that motors being sold are built with wire that’s larger than maximum specification permitted. All of the random samples of the D3.5 based motors during the announced compliance checks tested with wire that’s larger than the maximum dimension. Rule 8.8.4.3.1 states clearly that “The three slotted stator must be wound with 17.5 turns of 2 strands of a maximum diameter of 20AWG or 0.813 mm per slot. A diameter of .813mm is the nominal measurement of 20AWG wire, and that it is the stated maximum wire diameter permitted. It’s on this basis that the Executive Committee made its determination.

Last edited by rcsuicide; 01-18-2013 at 01:54 PM.
rcsuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #175
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsuicide View Post
You can read the ROAR's official news release here --> http://www.roarracing.com/?cat=6
thanks for the psa, now stop posting this everywhere.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #176
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

If the D3.5 is made illegal it will free up one parking spot in front of the building. Which would be nice.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #177
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
If the D3.5 is made illegal it will free up one parking spot in front of the building. Which would be nice.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #178
Tech Adept

besides the point im still looking for some one to split room with

now back to the pop corn and soda
to slow for you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:44 AM   #179
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The motor will be allowed at the birds. Its on the approved list and tgis isnt a ROAR sanctioned race
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #180
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Who I feel for is the race organizers. They are in a no win over this motor issue. They allow them and one wins....people call the person a cheater and the flaming begins. They do not allow the motors and people go crazy and decide not to show up to the event and the flaming begins....tuff spot.
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote