Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A. >

2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default I'm home

Well guys after a very long drive back to Florida I'm home and tired
What a long day
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you that made this race happen
THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST RACES I HAVE EVER ATTENDED ..............
Time to go to sleep will talk to you all tomorrow
Looking forward to seeing you all again SOON

And once again thank you. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

O yea making the A MAIN was FRICKIN AWESOMEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Finally made it back to Arkansas, I want to thank Mryon and Darla for putting on such a classy race program. I enjoyed racing on-road again, just wished my good driver had shown up he would have enjoyed the car...
I am looking forward to the next race at Thunder Valley RC.

Thanks again

Joe
Old 09-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Big Thanks to Myron and the Thunder Crew for a great event! I had a great time meeting everyone and running VTA for the first time, and for sure not the last!

Congrats to all the winners and all the racers that made it an awesome weekend! Now I have to get to all these tracks and race with everyone again, so see everyone there.

Big hats off to Calvin Rogers for showing us all what Sportsmanship is all about in the Jr VTA class and with racers like him, this hobby will continue to grow!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Darkside and see you soon!

James McNees
Old 09-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spider004

Big hats off to Calvin Rogers for showing us all what Sportsmanship is all about in the Jr VTA class and with racers like him, this hobby will continue to grow!!!!!!!!
+1

I had to leave before the awards, but my wife was there till the end doing the pictures and told me what Calvin did. IMO that goes above and beyond good sportsmanship. Was a very awesome thing for him to do. Im sure it was really appreciated.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

A huge thank you to Myron Kinard and Robert Dirla for putting on this awesome race! After a 10.5 hour drive, over 620 miles of interstate, I finally arrived home at 4:30 am on Monday. After taking a much needed nap I started the process of uploading all the 186 videos that I recorded of the race into YouTube. It will probably take 3 - 4 days to get all of them uploaded. Keep your eyes on this thread to see an indexed listing of all the videos.

Great times! I was very happy to meet all of the racers and put some faces behind the RCtech screen names. Just to name a few, EAmotorsports, rcpaintinpete, SmokinJoeM, team mopar, and DARKSIDE.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Jeez, I suck at carpet racing.

But, I plan on returning next year !

Thanks to Myron K. and Rob D. for hosting the event !
Thanks to all the sponsors who donated prizes !
And Thanks to all the participants who made the drive from far and wide for the good times !!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

P. S. It's gunna feel real good to sleep in my own bed tonight !!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Myron WOW what a race.Didn't know who won the VTA untill the last corner and the last strait WOW.Looking forward to coming back next year.Thanks to all the crew that put on a race like that. CAPTNJACK & CODY ARMS
Old 09-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That was our 1st big event and it was great! Big thanks to all the sponsors who made it all possible. Also big thanks to Eric, BIG Matt, Chris, Eddie, James, and all the others who took the time to help me and my son out with our setups. If it wasn't for them my son would have never had a chance to win Jr Vta.

The Onroad racers are the best group of people to ever be around, always willing to share what they know to help another racer out.

Thank you Myron for talking us into racing with yall this summer and to attend the Nats, Thunder R/C's atmosphere is second to none!

Last edited by alloyslash; 09-24-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

A huge shout out to once again to Myron, Dirla, and the rest of the crew for putting on the best "fluke" in racing two years in a row. When a VTA event draws as many entries (possibly more, I'm not sure on that stat) as a ROAR National event, there's clearly something special going on.

I'd also like to throw out special thanks to a few others others:

The guys at HobbyLobby who helped me get my trailer repaired in time for concours.

Eric Whiteside, who was once again more than willing to help out w/ my questions, and loaned my dad a speedo after he blew both of mine up.

Tim Moore, for loaning me a motor after mine let go in my GT car.

I can't wait to see all of the pictures, and look forward to another race next year.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

No good deed goes unpunished! Loan a guy a motor and then he whips me with that very same motor. Note to self... next time loan out the SLOW motor!

I look forward to this event all year long... and it didn't disappoint! Thanks Myron, Robert and the all the Thunder Rats!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It really was a great event for those that love RC and especially VTA. In spite of a chain of mechanical problems it was great fun. Its great to be in a room with that many people that love to do the same thing that you do. It has been great to share ideas on everything from spools and diffs to paint and light ideas.

Myron- Everyone can see what a truckload of work you put into this race, but beyond this event, I want to thank you for constantly promoting VTA and RC in general. You supported me when I had a track. You loaded up a car full of guys and brought them down to run. You promoted me with your words and in your signature. I am sure that the guys at Hot Shots and One Lug also appreciate how you promote their races also. Now go take a break and we will see you in a few days after you miss us again.

Dirla- Thanks for what you have given to make a place for people to race. Skeen was telling me about how the track came about and its really astounding. Also your contributions at the scoring system and on the mic. You display the events to the spectators as they unfold. This is so much more than running the scoring system.

EA and Skeen- I have really enjoyed my conversations with you guys, just shooting the breeze or talking about technical stuff.

Anyone I borrowed anything from, thanks for the help. It really was a blast.

I will have videos up fast as I can. Have had a death in the family so it will be a few days before I can get them posted.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If anybody borrowed a pinion from Dirla please be sure to return it!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Can't even begin to explain how much fun this weekend was. I'm still completely exhausted, but it was totally worth it!

It was awesome having so much competition and I have honestly never been around so many guys who could race hard (really hard at times) and practically not lay a fender to another car.

Believe it or not though, the best part of the weekend came during the JR VTA trophy presentation. Calvin Rogers, you sir are the man. That was extremely selfless of you and it showed an awful lot about you & your pops. I believe we all need to take a page from this guys book.

-Evan
Old 09-25-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Had a great time! Thank you Myron and Dirla! Dirla, stop hitting my poor 12th scale!

I'd like to thank the Thunder RC crew, the good folks from One Lug, and our own HotShot Hobby crew for their support and help all weekend. We'll definitely be back next year (and hopefully before).

Thanks!

Grant Remington
HotShots RC
Marietta GA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.