R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #736
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

A big thanks to Myron and everyone that set this event up. I had a great time. I didn't do so well (B main in both TC and VTA) but there was some talent at this race so I feel pretty lucky. I will definately make it a point to come again next year. The track was awesome. The traction was unbelievable from the start. Thanks again Batman. See ya next year.

Ryan Gracey.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Big thanks to Myron and all the others behind the curtain. Another great Southern Nats. Thank you for all the time you guys put into this. Hope to see this event continue in the coming years. Got to meet some people from all over and make some new friendships.
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #738
Tech Apprentice

Thanks myron worth the drive from Ohio. Long live VTA and good sportsmanship!
team mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #739
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Results

Results for the Southern Nats can be found at the link below:

http://results.rc50.com/Thunder_RC_N...le/09-23-2012/

Round 1 is actually the 1 minute / single car Trans-Am qualifying.

The normal Rounds 1 thru 4 are posted as Rounds 2 thru 5.
Mach1Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #740
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Had a great time. Thanks to Myron, Dirla, and crew for putting together a great race. Thanks to everyone that made it out as well. I love close racing, and it doesn't get much better than this. My driver was bi-polar this weekend. I was either on or off for most of the weekend. In the mains, I couldn't make up my mind which driving personality to pick LOL

Congrats to EA on the double win. He was dialed in by the time the mains rolled around. I'm not going to lie... I thought I had tq wrapped up, but you pulled off a great run to sneak past me by .8 or whatever it was.

Thanks to Tim for the trophy's, brad for the help with ballasts, and all those who helped clean the place up. I can't remember his name, but thanks to the guy that graded the parking lot so my G8 didn't bottom out any more
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #741
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello everyone, I just got home. It's 3:35 a.m. I want to thank Myron, Dirla, the tech guys and everyone at Thunder R/C. What a great weekend. Saw some old faces, met some great new friends, raced my toy car, won USVTA Nats, and had FUN on top of it all. Thank you one and all. See you next year!!! Also congratulations to the other winners, especially, Two Peat Whiteside!!!! Way to go R.J,.... P.S. Myron... Very cool trophys. Thank you
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #742
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

first hour recorded
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25655131
last 3 hours
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25656566

it broadcast not sure what the issue was.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #743
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JustWill75

I want to say thanks to Myron, Dirla and the entire Thunder RC crew for putting on a great event. Personally I feel everyone won at this event with either, positions finished or the gain of knowledge. I definitely got faster by the end of the weekend and will be much faster next year. That trophy is mine.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #744
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Thanks to all the people that came to our track to run! I know I speak for all the locals when saying we were all more than excited to see our place full of racers and all the good comments we had about the track and work everyone has put in on it.

Special thanks to Myron for organizing this event and putting so much of his time and his own PERSONAL MONEY into this race to make it happen. Myron doesnt like to say much about it but without his efforts this race would not have ever happened.

Thanks to Tim Moore also for the awesome Trophies that he got for everyone, the fill in announcing and just being Tim.

Thanks to Robert Dirla for putting up with all us racers and keeping our track going and giving us a place to race and have a good time.

Thanks to all the guys that showed up last weekend to help clean and get the place ready. Brad Norris (lights), Evan Williams (lights), Bryan Klammer (Union leader and coordinator), Brian Letrich (cleaning and moving), Chuck Moores (cleaning and moving) and the others that I am forgetting also that came to help.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #745
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a great time once again this year. Thanks to Myron and his family, Dirla and the whole crew. Looking forward to coming back in Jan. for the Grand Slam.

chuck
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #746
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wow...and Ill get into that later today...but I need my concourse winners to pm me, as well as Howard Lo....

also my top 50 VTA that was $10 off...

Im sorry...I just forgot alot of things...so very sorry...send me a pm and Ill get all that straighten out 1st before anything else

thanks
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #747
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
wow...and Ill get into that later today...but I need my concourse winners to pm me, as well as Howard Lo....

also my top 50 VTA that was $10 off...

Im sorry...I just forgot alot of things...so very sorry...send me a pm and Ill get all that straighten out 1st before anything else

thanks
I was told the RACE WAS DA BOMB.....well done.

So, what did I win...? I know my buddy just took care the USGT and USVTA first place....they did good, but they all saying the RACE was the best indoor racing so far....well done.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #748
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Once again if you missed it great show. Plan on attending next year. I'm sure Myron will make it bigger and better!

chuck
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #749
Tech Master

I think everyone had a great time this weekend! When you think about all the hours to build and prepare the track, all the hours we all took preparing our cars and driving to get there, all the hours we spent racing and practicing over three days, man, it blows your mind. What an event!

My favorite part was finding out that I wasn't the only guy who really loves VTA. I sure wish we could get the VTA class going again in Indy. I was only running off road until I saw my first VTA race at RCAR. That hooked me in an instant to wanting to race on-road and I had a TC3 and a Camaro body in a couple of days. Muscle cars = Awesome.

I will post my pics soon on Flickr and link to them.

Hope to see you all again next year!

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-entries-.jpg  
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #750
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
I think everyone had a great time this weekend! When you think about all the hours to build and prepare the track, all the hours we all took preparing our cars and driving to get there, all the hours we spent racing and practicing over three days, man, it blows your mind. What an event!

My favorite part was finding out that I wasn't the only guy who really loves VTA. I sure wish we could get the VTA class going again in Indy. I was only running off road until I saw my first VTA race at RCAR. That hooked me in an instant to wanting to race on-road and I had a TC3 and a Camaro body in a couple of days. Muscle cars = Awesome.

I will post my pics soon on Flickr and link to them.

Hope to see you all again next year!

Scott
Thanks so much for coming down Scott! You guys are welcome back anytime to race with us for sure!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote