R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #391
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
I figured since we are less than 20 days from this great event...and our extra supportive sponsors are rolling in some great prizes...here are some of them from AE,SXT,HPI,HobbyLobby,Parma,Proline,Hobbywing,Spee d Passion,Nashrc
more pics
Attached Thumbnails
2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-img_20120903_114805.jpg   2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-img_20120903_125727.jpg   2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-img_20120903_130116.jpg   2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-img_20120903_130407.jpg  
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #392
Tech Champion

Thank you RCtech for your support and helping with this event by reconizing and stickying it....

Thank you Matt and others...it is a big deal...
Old 09-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #393
Tech Fanatic

thats some goooood!! prizes...i need 1 of them motors or esc..
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #394
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
thats some goooood!! prizes...i need 1 of them motors or esc..
and more to come...I went shopping....YUMMY!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #395
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
cool...Ill send it in, no promises...I should have some extras..but the order is in..you are Jim Huggett?
Yes, thanks
topdrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #396
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Lots of good looking prizes......got my fingers crossed for a couple items lol
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #397
Tech Apprentice

Big thank you to all the sponsors of the S.VTA Nats!! Plus a BIG thank you to Myron for putting this great event together.
team mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #398
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdrag View Post
Yes, thanks
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Lots of good looking prizes......got my fingers crossed for a couple items lol
they did a really good job this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by team mopar View Post
Big thank you to all the sponsors of the S.VTA Nats!! Plus a BIG thank you to Myron for putting this great event together.
thanks, that means alot right about now...it really does
Old 09-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #399
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by team mopar View Post
I agree!
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #400
Tech Master

I speak for all...

USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #401
Tech Master

Will the concourse competition be for VTA or USGT or both? Other classes too? Specifically, who do we bribe to win?
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #402
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
Will the concourse competition be for VTA or USGT or both? Other classes too? Specifically, who do we bribe to win?
I think all classes are on the table for Concours.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #403
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Last year there was concourse for each class then overall winner picked from winner of each class
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #404
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I will be there for 12th scale for sure.
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #405
Tech Champion

Default UPDATE AND INFO

LOTS OF INFO.....LOTS...

We are here and rolling....guys we are headed to a major event and Im telling you now that you are not going to want to miss this event/race. We have knocked on some many doors to get what we need to make this happen and make it twice as big as last year.

So Sept 21-23, take that long weekend and bring the family. Request work, school or personal days. Just make sure you are there. Im working very hard to ensure everyone will have a great time, win lose or draw...

Im having all the prises given away on Saturday so our out of town guys can get an early start headed home...pics ,food, tshirt and everything else...so plan on Saturday being the long day for me and staff

Sunday will have trophies and pics...for winners circle and interview of winners

Concourse winners will get $50 CASH for VTA and GT and a new body...winner will be based on TRUE USVTA paint schemes and GT will be based on GT stlye race themes

Im not willing to cut off till its a must...Im working on renting a portable if needed as well as using the dirt room( completly re-done and cleaned)

Sleep Inn Mgr has returned and gave me the info....

Rooms will be $49.99 per night, thats a double Queen or 1 King, your choice. And if need extra bed at no cost( I think its a roll-out, not sure)...When you call the hotel, tell them you are coming for the Southern Nationals...If not you will be charged regular rate $89.99...

Call in and reserve you room .....they will go fast...this hotel did a face-lft last year and Im happy that they are one of our sponsors again

HOST HOTEL,
http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-nashville-tennessee-TN464

Sleep Inn (TN464)
3200 Dickerson Pk., Nashville, TN, US, 37207
Phone: (615) 227-8686
Fax: (615) 227-8894

Sleep Inn, a Nashville Tennessee hotel near the Grand Ole Opry.
The Sleep InnŽ hotel is ideally located with easy access to Interstate 65, just minutes from the Grand Ole Opry and the downtown area. This Nashville, TN hotel is convenient to the Sommet Center arena, LP Field, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the Nashville Convention Center, Ryman Auditorium and the Tennessee State Capitol. The Nashville International Airport is only 10 miles away.

For those not aware we have re-done our track thanks to some donations and track owner Robert Dirla. We are running on newer carpet and a new subfloor, that makes the track ultra smooth. Its 100% better than last year and 12th scale is rolls on it great. We will be doing some more upgrades leading up to the Nats..

The pit tables have also got major...MAJOR upgrades. We have racers that have donated to have these tables done to make our track top-notch. We have all the ones in the carpet room completed but 2, and they will be done by the Nats. For the 8 tables in the dirt room...all new table tops and extreme clean job, it will also have scoring and video on the screen pa also.

You can enter this event by:

filling out the entry form/flyer posted and mailing a check or money order to:
KRC
PO Box 70779
Nashville, TN 37207

you can goto RCsignups and fiil out the information and pay there

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2749

or you can pay the day of the event

any of these methods will work fine

Note: if you pay on RCsignups, and are part of the 1st 50, your $10 refund will be waiting on you at the track

I would perfer you have your motor rings on...I know this just might be some more Chuck Norris stuff, but Ive found my motors running cooler with them on...If you look at my cars all my rings are on...

it also helps with tech...now I know some of you have removed and done away with them...if so thats cool...Ill see if I can get Novak to supply some like they did time stickers last year...but the idea is to be able to keep the motors as stock as possible.

Fans are fine...I run one as do most racers Ive seen..

Now for vented end bells or ppl dremel on the cans...even if it wasnt in the rules...ITS A WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME...in reality, its going to cost you money and more time, from replacing internal parts and cleaning....it not faster, but yes around 5 deg cooler...but a good fan is 20 deg cooler...

Now I know some tracks dont mind you running these things....but this is the Nationals, and Im the 1st one to want EVERYONE to come and have a great time, but I have to be fair and stick to the rules as much as possible....

Guys this is one of our TOP USVTA events(Scale Nats other one), we must show our total support and loyalty to the class. And by doing so, we will have true winnners, enjoyment, and total YUMMY fealing when we leave...nobody feeling like they got cheated or out $$$$ over somebody else......and this will raise the bar of

United States Vintage Trans Am

to new heights that we all can be proud of....

remember guys Im a racer too, just a racer....I do this type of event for all of us...the VTA racers, and the class I love and dedicate a lot of time to...this is our time to shine, and be part of the elite classes of R/C Racing

Myron Kinnard
Battman

Here is the shirt we will be using for the 2012 USVTA+ Southern Nationals...this is front and back....

Event shirts are $20 for small-XL, add $5 for plus sizes to 5XL...you have choice of red,blue and grey shirts...

We are taking pre-orders now till Aug 31st, you can still get shirts at the event, but like last year, we ran out really quick...

You can send your size and color with check or money order to:
KRC
PO Box 70779
Nashville,TN 37207

or post it here and I can add you, you can pay for your shirt at the event as well....but it will be for sale like the rest of them...

I need good numbers so I dont over order

Event:
2012 USVTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City, USA, will be the 2nd year for this event. Last year the event pulled in over 90 entries,over 20 sponsors, and racers from over 10 different states. We are on track to surpass those numbers already. This event is listed by RCtech as one of the top tier on-road events. Is is also one of the largest USVTA events in the country, and maybe even in the world.

Track:
The track is Thunder RC Raceway, owned by Robert Dirla(Nashrcracer). The track has had some major updates since last years event. We have added very smooth sub-floor. The carpet itself is less than a year old. The track layout will be Vegas style, that will be put down that Wed and Thurs with closed doors, so no homefield advantage. We also just added fans on the drivers stand.

Format:
Friday Sept 21st
track opens at 10am for setup,sign-up and practice
closes at 11pm

Saturday Sept 22nd
track opens 7am for practice
11am concourse, pictures, and drivers meeting
12 noon starts races
all prizes will be given out all day

Sunday Sept 23rd
track opens 7am for practice
8am starts LCQ followed by mains
Winners circle pics and trophy give-a-way

Hotel info:
Sleep Inn
Rooms will be $49.99 per night, thats a double Queen or 1 King, your choice. And if need extra bed at no cost( I think its a roll-out, not sure)...When you call the hotel, tell them you are coming for the Southern Nationals...If not you will be charged regular rate $89.99...

Call in and reserve you room .....they will go fast...this hotel did a face-lft last year and Im happy that they are one of our sponsors again

HOST HOTEL,
http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-nashville-tennessee-TN464

Sleep Inn (TN464)
3200 Dickerson Pk., Nashville, TN, US, 37207
Phone: (615) 227-8686
Fax: (615) 227-8894

Concourse:
$50 CASH and a new VTA/GT style body to the VTA/USGT concourse winner...and yes you do have to run it in the main...

Event Shirts:
Event shirts are $20 for small-XL, add $5 for plus sizes to 5XL...you have choice of red,blue and grey shirts...The shirts will have all the sponsors logos on the back of them.

We are taking pre-orders now till Aug 31st, you can still get shirts at the event, but like last year, we ran out really quick...

You can send your size and color with check or money order to:
KRC
PO Box 70779
Nashville,TN 37207

or post it here and I can add you, you can pay for your shirt at the event as well....but it will be for sale like the rest of them...

Traction compound:
SXT 3.0 is the OFFICIAL tire compound for the event. We will have it for sale at the track $10 each...you may bring your own, but please no mixing...it will get you a DQ

Sponsors:
Team Associated-Don
Team Novak-Charlie
HPI Racing-Collin
Boca Bearings-Gareth
Parma PSE-Steve
Pro-line/Protoform-Daniel
Tekin-Bryan
Hotshots Hobbies-Joe
Hobby Lobby Int-Matt
Sleep Inn-Mgr
Domino's Pizza-Kelly
Uptown Grill-Kevin
Reflex Racing-Christan
Rockstar Paints-Mike
Risk Science-Tim
Revtech-Brian
SXT-Jeff
Speed Passion-Howard
Thunder RC-Robert
USVTA-Rob
Darkside-Mike

TC tires:
Touring car will be run on Jaco Blues. We do have them for sale at the track for $30 for a set of 4. You can bring your own NIP, and we will tech them.

Rules:
FULL USVTA AND USGT

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html

USVTA,
1st Qualifier will be 1 min of open track for VTA....best time in that 60 seconds determines starting order. All qual will be heads up. Thats 5 qual for VTA. A-main will be triple mains points style
NO ADVANCED time on the Novak Ballastic motors past the last notch on the sticker
Motor tech for every VTA 25.5, motors will be broke down and resealed like Snowbirds

USGT,
GT style bodies ONLY, No LMR or any similar types( no big 12th scale bodies ), NO SLICKS. IFMAR starts for qual, and 8 min A-main. Tires must mantain tread for every race.

Trophies:
USVTA and USGT
Amain- National title trophy,TQ,1st-10th
Lower mains-1st-3rd
concourse

Jr VTA
Amain-National title trophy,1st-10th
lower mains-1st-3rd
concourse

TC 17.5 and 12th scale
Amain-TQ,1st-10th
lower mains-1st-3rd

Food:
Every paid entry will recieve FREE plate and drink, from Dominos,Uptown Grill, and Nashrcracer. And for those that need extra, Eboney will be serving pulled pork,sausage,hotdogs,dip, and fries.

Prizes:
All paid entries will get a ticket. Your ticket number will be posted on the board with a prize already attached.

Entry fee:
1st class $35
2nd class $15
Jr VTA $10
If you made the top 50 VTA racers by Aug 1st and paid by pay pal, you will be given your $10 at the track. Or you paid for a Jr VTA on RCsignups at $15your $5 will be given back as well at the track.

Pitspace:
If you have a reserved pit space at Thunder RC(you paid for your table). You must have your entry paid by Sept 11th to secure your spot. If not your spot will become 1st come ,1st serve. If you want to give your spot to someone else, they also will need to have their entry paid by Sept 11. We only have 75pitspots inside the building. I have considered renting a portable or trailer if needed.

Tech:
All cars will be tech all day and at random in the pits. As I will be roaming around checking in the pits. VTA motors will be teched ie Birds style, for stator,rotor, and cans.

tracks that fly the USVTA banner, normally follow the rules to the letter...they make some exceptions for new racers, rather it be driver figure, body ect...

keep in mind that the rules very well done and help grow the class across the country, and world.

and Starr is correct, the all major USVTA events follow the rules for VTA and USGT...the ....

2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

SXT 3.0 is the OFFICIAL tire compound for the event

We will have it for sale at the track $10 each...you may bring your own, but please no mixing...it will get you a DQ

from Mike Jones....

As a sponsor of the event, I wanted to promote a special I have going on right now for the Southern Nats.

I am offering 20% off any paint job ordered for this race. I can do any scheme you would like, classic VTA, current GT car or modern looking Touring or 1/12th scale.

PM me if you are interested, or contact me via my cell.

Michael Jones
www.rockstarpaint.com

looking like some great concourse contest battle going down...and dont forget...

Concourse:
$50 CASH and a new VTA/GT style body to the VTA/USGT concourse winner...and yes you do have to run it in the main...

if anybody is having this same issue with RCsignups...please pm me your info, or email or text, or fax.....or fill out an entry form and mail it...

[email protected]

615-593-0536

615-851-1876

615-228-0268

PO Box 70779
Nashville, TN 37207

thats looks so sweet...I love the chain wheel...

but yes drivers figure is a must..,,

Body provided deck lid spoilers allowed (not wings). No additional skirts or raised/extended wings or air control surfaces allowed. Body must be trimmed at body trim lines. Full rear bumper required. It is highly preferred that bodies are detailed in race type livery in period-correct paint schemes. Fluorescent colors, wild graphics, chromes and non-period correct paint schemes are frowned upon. All cars must have a number on the hood, both doors and trunk lid. Wheel covers of any type are NOT allowed.
All cars must include a driver figure consisting of at least a head and shoulders.

Driver Figure part numbers (ANY suitable 1/10 driver figure is legal-these are readily available examples)

HPI
#104815 INNER BODY SET FOR DT-1 TRUCK BODY

Associated
6180 Driver, unpainted, 1:10

McAllister
#423 Stock Interior and Driver
#419 SPRINT CAR DRIVER

I need to take the time to thank Eric Whiteside and family, along with Rob King for the great support they have done behind the scene and spreading the word to the die hard USVTA racers up north. Thank you guys.

Also to Marv for getting the info on rcuniverse and spam as well, for us.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13462807943431

To Scott Black for advertising on http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13462806752341

And to Aaron for the tech help as well as putting us on his site as well

http://teamterribles.com/

Collin and HPI put us in the event calendar, thanks

http://www.hpiracing.com/event_calendar.php/

and many more...thank you all for your help and support

CYA real REAL SOON!!!

We are going to add a bonus, to the already awesome event...Im a true believer in getting my money worth in anything I do. And one of the main things about this hobby and taking time and money is seeing your return. Not saying you cant get it with the experience and full enjoyment, and the YUNNY feeling you will have....but for a bonus

For this years event we will issue trophies to the Top 3 in each main incl top 10 for the A-main. Last year we did winner of the B,CD, ect main...well this year top 3 will get a nice trophy...

so trophy will look like this

USVTA and USGT
Amain- National title trophy,TQ,1st-10th
Lower mains-1st-3rd
concourse

Jr VTA
Amain-National title trophy,1st-10th
lower mains-1st-3rd
concourse

TC 17.5 and 12th scale
Amain-TQ,1st-10th
lower mains-1st-3rd

well enough hardware for everyone to shoot for.....

I hope to cya soon...we will be doing numbers and orders for shirts...so we can start putting numbers together for the trophies,food,prizes,and ect...cya soon

Thanks for your wonderful support,
Myron"Battman"Kinnard

USGT,
GT style bodies ONLY, No LMR or any similar types( no big 12th scale bodies ), NO SLICKS. IFMAR starts for qual, and 8 min A-main. Tires must mantain tread for every race.

and you must have a cool body and tons of fun...

Its looking really good right now...Im almost complete with the seating/pitspots.

Trophy numbers are almost complete as well

And final draft of the shirts was completed today as well. On the event shirts , please send in your payment asap. Im sending in the final event shirt count this weekend. I will order some extras, but it may not be what you want.

Only if you pre-pay for your shirt, will get that perticular shirt, or guarantee .

This has turned into a very large event and Im glad for all the support.

Myron

any questions please feel free to ask..

615-851-1876
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update...

We have 2 new pit tables added/built yesterday. I want to thank William for his hard work and help to make sure everything is right for the event.

Also final touches on event shirts,food,trophies,seating, and ect...is being made as we speak.

If you havent paid for your shirt or entry, please do so asap...if you plan on paying the day of the event, please pm me or call.

I need the correct numbers so we dont leave anybody out, or over do it and have alot of extras or waste

Thank you all again, and I can't wait to see everyone

Its looking like alot of tough competition in VTA as well as USGT....ppl are bringing their A+ game and every trick in the book.

I wish I could put my hat in the mix...I would another shot at some of these guys...but the way the event is looking, I will be happily running around helping with everythng...lol

I hope everybody is getting ready, we are within 30 days and entries are still coming in. So we all know a cutoff is coming...Ill prolong it as long as Dirla allows...

Thank you all to all the racers,supporters, and sponsors...You are the best..

Speaking of sponsors, I want thank SXT and Jeff for the great prizes I rec today in the mail. SXT is also the Official Traction Compound for the 2012 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City, U.S.A. These events are so much easier with great support from the sponsors like SXT. Great Job

this is really cool, thanks Matt...

http://www.bitslap.me/ThunderRC_NATS.pdf

better get your entry paid soon...89 bodies...yikes...

well I hope everyone shows if possible. Ive spoken with most on the list and 95% are sure to be there. For VTA, it will be huge. I still have alot of locals and ATL racers that are not on the list that run VTA and GT.

Im not sure what the ROAR PAV Nats did as far as numbers, but I heard it was a good weekend, and thats very important.

Im just glad the racers across the country reconize this event(USVTA S. Nats) as an event that they want to attend. Ill do everything I can to make sure its affordable, fair, and mostly FUN. The competition will be deep, with great trophies,prizes, and free pizza,drinks,chips...

Ive worked everyday to ensure that the 2012 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City, U.S.A. is one of the premiere on-road events in the US. To even consider have 130+ entries says that alone. And I do believe it has earn its nickname as....

THE ONE NOT TO MISS!!!!!

PS..ITS 4:30AM....

The USVTA is going to get the very much attention it needs and deserves from the R/C world...I am along with all of you are going to make sure this happens....This is our race, and its up to us to support it and bring the VTA and onroad racing to the front of the racing community. Lets all work together and make it happen...