R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #166
Tech Addict
 
StarrRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default VTA Rules

Posted by: marooko, At some tracks, not all ROAR rules are enforced, or they're lenient on some. When it comes to VTA, is it a similar situation, or do tracks really adhere to the posted VTA rules?

I think you will find that 99.99999% of lhs, tracks, people ....
Do follow the published VTA and USGT rules.

It is one of the "Best" things about running VTA and USGT.!!
Having an established standard that everyone "in the spirit of VTA" runs
all the same rules so where ever you go, you know you will be able to run
these classes.

I have only found Very Rare occasions where they change something.

And you can guarantee... at the VTA Southern Nationals and
the VTA Scale Nationals, they will be following the rules as written.
__________________
Jeff Starr
U.S. Coast Guard (Retired)
Traxxas 4x4 (x2), Associated SC10,
XRay T3 '009 (VTA), XRay T3 '10 (USGT), Tamiya M05 (Mini),
Tekin, Spektrum.
StarrRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #167
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrRacing View Post
Posted by: marooko, At some tracks, not all ROAR rules are enforced, or they're lenient on some. When it comes to VTA, is it a similar situation, or do tracks really adhere to the posted VTA rules?

I think you will find that 99.99999% of lhs, tracks, people ....
Do follow the published VTA and USGT rules.

It is one of the "Best" things about running VTA and USGT.!!
Having an established standard that everyone "in the spirit of VTA" runs
all the same rules so where ever you go, you know you will be able to run
these classes.

I have only found Very Rare occasions where they change something.

And you can guarantee... at the VTA Southern Nationals and
the VTA Scale Nationals, they will be following the rules as written.
Even the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals followed USVTA Rules as closely as possible. The only part of the USVTA Rules that ROAR could not (legally) force on racers was the "single-manufacturer" 25.5 motor selection and the limited list of ESC's. Although 80% of the VTA entries did use Novak Ballistic 25.5 motors and 60% of the VTA entries had a USVTA-legal ESC. The coolest part of the race was how every VTA car had a driver figure inside. The LiveRC photographer absolutely loved taking pics of all the VTA cars with the drivers visible through the windshields.
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #168
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

When the driver figure rule was first introduced it was heavily balked at, but now as we all grow more familiar with putting drivers in or full interior trays in, it is now the guy who does not put a driver in his car that gets balked at.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #169
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Sorry! Office computer often double post. Vbulletin usually blocks the repeat.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #170
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Even the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals followed USVTA Rules as closely as possible. The only part of the USVTA Rules that ROAR could not (legally) force on racers was the "single-manufacturer" 25.5 motor selection and the limited list of ESC's.
This is why I asked. Sure I could have been more specific, but I figured the simpler the question, the simpler the answer. Apparently I was wrong. Thanks, ww.
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #171
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
At some tracks, not all ROAR rules are enforced, or they're lenient on some. When it comes to VTA, is it a similar situation, or do tracks really adhere to the posted VTA rules?
tracks that fly the USVTA banner, normally follow the rules to the letter...they make some exceptions for new racers, rather it be driver figure, body ect...

keep in mind that the rules very well done and help grow the class across the country, and world.

and Starr is correct, the all major USVTA events follow the rules for VTA and USGT...the ....

2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.
will follow completely...and I hope to see you all there...70+ entries and counting
Attached Thumbnails
2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-user36979_pic2686_1341809219.jpg   2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-club343.jpg   2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-club334.jpg   2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-img211.jpg   2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-11sn12car.jpg  

__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #172
Tech Adept
 
pyro854's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Changed right wheels to the black rims for that pic, I didnt notice that the mix matched wheel could be seen in the trophies.
__________________
RJ Whiteside
pyro854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #173
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for all the info, guys. I am considering entering the class, I just don't know if I'm in the position to buy a new ESC/motor combo.
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #174
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
Thanks for all the info, guys. I am considering entering the class, I just don't know if I'm in the position to buy a new ESC/motor combo.
cool...this is one of the best deals going..Im ordering 3 of them as loaners...if you get one Ill give you a motor for the event..

Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC $46!!!!

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...?p=12280&c=ESC
Attached Thumbnails
2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-2010227124514sp-12280-r11.jpg  
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #175
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Oh I'm sorry, I'm just causing all sorts of confusion. haha. My apologies. First, thank you very much for the offer.

I was just asking in general terms, I won't be making it to this event. I'm interested in the class because it seems the cars don't go flying around the track like some on road races I see. I'm not the best driver, I just enjoy the overall experience and the attempt of competition on my part. Considering the cost of these on road cars, I don't want to go throwing in a single digit turn motor and smacking off the barriers and other cars. I do off road, just thought I'd give on road a little bit of a try.
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #176
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
Oh I'm sorry, I'm just causing all sorts of confusion. haha. My apologies. First, thank you very much for the offer.

I was just asking in general terms, I won't be making it to this event. I'm interested in the class because it seems the cars don't go flying around the track like some on road races I see. I'm not the best driver, I just enjoy the overall experience and the attempt of competition on my part. Considering the cost of these on road cars, I don't want to go throwing in a single digit turn motor and smacking off the barriers and other cars. I do off road, just thought I'd give on road a little bit of a try.
offer is on the table....and you will like VTA...welcome...where do you race at?
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #177
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Currently, I try to run my 8th buggy at NorCal Hobbies (Union City, CA) whenever I get the chance. Going out this weekend for a race, and next weekend for the Nor Cal Champs race. Like the Off-Road kings last year, I'm sure I'll get whipped. But like last year also, I'm sure it'll be an absolute blast!!

They also have an on-road track which I intend to run on between off-road heats. that's if my TC5 I purchased comes in. Thought it would be here today.

And thank you very much for that offer. Very kind of you.

I also just realized there is an actual VTA thread. Sorry for my intrusion.

Last edited by marooko; 07-20-2012 at 12:05 PM.
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #178
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
When the driver figure rule was first introduced it was heavily balked at, but now as we all grow more familiar with putting drivers in or full interior trays in, it is now the guy who does not put a driver in his car that gets balked at.
don't be talking about my driver like that.....
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #179
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

"To Sauce or not to Sauce, that is the question..."
Do most drivers at Thunder RC Raceway use tire sauce? If they do, which one do they use?

Paragon Ground Effects part number 43213.


- or - Paragon FXII part number FX113.


- or - some other type of tire sauce?
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #180
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
"To Sauce or not to Sauce, that is the question..."
Do most drivers at Thunder RC Raceway use tire sauce? If they do, which one do they use?

Paragon Ground Effects part number 43213.


- or - Paragon FXII part number FX113.


- or - some other type of tire sauce?


WOW good ???? myron what sauce are you guys using at the thunder
for VTA if any
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 IBLib Electric On-Road 11170 12-13-2017 09:30 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] speedsterblade Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography 6038 12-07-2017 05:02 AM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net