Wiki Posts
Search

SpeedWorld NEW SJ'R Sorex pre-mounted Racing tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SpeedWorld NEW SJ'R Sorex pre-mounted Racing tires

SJ-R Racing Pre-mounts are finally accomplished what we have stated 5 years ago and they have arrived.

Welcome racer, Billy Bowerman and SpeedWorld Raceway has been the USA importer of the Sorex Racing Rubber Tires since 2000 and will be launching their first ever pre-mounted rubber tire with one of the top companies in the World JACO Racing behind them. Team SpeedWorld Raceway and JACO Racing Tires are getting ready to launch together one of the best combination of racing rubber tire pre-mounted today for Electric Touring Cars. Without JACO Racing being by SpeedWorld side helping them out when ever possible for the last 10 years has stepped up to help SpeedWorld once again to help their dream finally come true and make possible. SpeedWorld has been working on this for over 5 years and has not been able to succeed do to shipping cost and finding the right company to finish the job correctly. The pre-mounts will be mounted on 36r, 32r, 28r and 24r Sorex tires on the latest JACO Prism wheel with one of the best design inserts today and glued by JACO Racing. SpeedWorld has been testing combinations for over a year at SpeedWorld Raceway in California. The combination that SpeedWorld has put together has proven to be extremely very fast for many runs before tapering off like most pre-mounts. SpeedWorld has tested many tires and insert combination for Nationals, REEDY races and other top race events held at one of the top 1/10 Electric and Nitro facilities in the California since opened 10 years ago. SpeedWorld have now found and but together a combo that will make the racers very pleased and what they are looking for in a pre-mount. The SJ-R pre-mounts could have been launched a year ago but SpeedWorld just could not find the proper insert and wheel for the job. They felt just putting out a pre-mount without being extremely pleased with the results would be a waste of time and would not be beneficial to the top rated tire companies in the WORLD Team Sorex or trying to mislead the racers. SpeedWorld and JACO have always taken pride in their work and cares about the racers. Team Sorex over the 11 year period have not lost a handful or if any open tire non spec race in the World since there existence from Japan. Sorex has been the leading edge of tires and inserts since established and JACO Racing is definitely the leader and innovator of rims and tires for rubber and foam for many years in the World. SpeedWorld feels you will be pleased with the results and they can not wait for the public to start using the pre-mounted racing combination. Their GOAL is to be involved and having their tire combination be used in the tire spec races around the World if possible.

Launch date is middle of April just in time for the asphalt racing to start.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman Jr.
SpeedWorld Raceway
www.speedworldraceway.com
Old 03-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone, I would like to thank everybody that traveled to race today and my locals for coming out. It was nice to see old faces again. The turnout was awesome for us and the traction was really good. It was nice to see a Modified class back and the cars reaching up to 60 MPH on our 160 foot straightway. I would like to thank Scotty Barns and Mike Hall for all their hard work and new layout for this race, it's challenging and fast, I think it is one of the best layouts at SWR in awhile. I also like to thank RCRACING2.COM for making a trip to our track and taking some pictures and participating in today’s event. AB was really fast for being on the dark side; no punt intended Clint, LOL. I would like to thank the racers that tried our NEW SpeedWorld Sorex racing pre-mount tires. I know some racers did not choose to try out our tires do to they just arrived on Friday and they were not glued do to we were in the process of sending them out to JACO racing for the finishing touch. I know there were racers that did not try our tire set up because they were not glued at this time and I do understand. The bottom line is that the racers that did decide to try them and glue them up them self’s ended up TQ and Winning the A main events in both classes.
We had a pre race REEDY series that started today and I felt that this would be a perfect time and opportunity to have the racers try out the pre-mounts. What a huge success it was. I feel honestly that this pre-mount is one of the best or best on the market today and not because it’s mine. I feel that SpeedWorld just took the next step away from a one run tires and made it into a racing pre-mount that can run consistent and fast times for more than 3 or more runs without tapering off and wearing out. The Sorex tire, JACO prism wheel and our insert is a WINNING combination for every racer that wants to WIN. I know there will be some unhappy racers about the tire or what, but IMO not to many. I hope that the tires will be finished and packaged in the next 30 days.

One of the best things about the SpeedWorld Sorex pre-mount is that we use one of the best inserts in the World and the racers do have the opportunity to take the insert out of the tire after worn out and reuse them again many times if they want. This in return will help the racers that do not mind gluing to save money and glue there own and still be faster than ever.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman Jr
Old 03-28-2009, 08:20 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The tires ran great today in mod sedan. Track temp got up to 130f and I ran the same set in all 3 qualifiers and the main. I ran some of my fastest laps of the day on the 4th run in the main.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Sorex tires on Jaco Prism wheels? Very intriguing indeed. Is the insert different than what Jaco uses for its own tires? I'd be interested in trying these on the rug.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They are Hara Inserts from what Billy mentioned in anothe thread which is an awesome combo for Sorex tires.

Any idea on street pricing?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Exciting news, Billy! Congrats on all the hard work I am sure went into testing and selecting the combo, as well as all the phone calls and emails to Jaco. I can't wait to try them....something tells me I will be running them very soon!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

what does this mean for the future of jaco's own tires as they are the spec tires for a few series....
Old 03-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

WOW, over whelming already, the emails I have received in 12 hours, nice ones at that.

More info from emails I have received.

Hello racenut, the pricing we are working on right now for the racers, dealers and distributors. We would like to get into the races as the spec tire like mentioned before, but pricing as everything to do with that. Our tire is awesome and I feel racers would not mind paying a little more when they can get more quality runs and able to take the tire home and use at club races and still be fast.

So I don’t get blasted by racers and other tire companies, my whole intension is not to hit spec tire racing, but if that what the racers want then I will. I am also not a strong believer in club level spec tire racing, that is why I am doing racing pre-mount tires, there is a differance. Everybody says it even the playing field and it’s cheaper at club level that is hog wash. I am there to win and once you find a combo stick with it and use the tires you like most, if it is a tire you choose to run and win than the next racer better try it, at big races then spec tire are o.k.
Spec tires cost just a little less than any great tire combo un-pre glued tires of the racers choice. I know we all can get in a debate about this, but I won’t, this is just my option and I have no problem with others option.

I have had a lot of companies help me out over 10 years in business at SpeedWorld and I refuse to step on anybody toes to make money specially JACO’s, I will still work with everybody that has worked with me over the years. I am a strong believer in karma so it will all work it self out for SpeedWorld Sorex or I will step away. I enjoy sleeping at night and do care about what people think of me.

One, I know the racers don't want to spend more money but with the combination that we have, your defiantly getting more use out of the tires and able to go faster than ever, so that is money saved. That is why I choose not to come out with a pre-mount 5 years ago. 1) Not the right contacts and 2) I did not want to have a tire for few good runs like a true spec tires. There is defiantly nothing wrong in any way or shape about other spec tires or companies on the market that is not what I am doing with my racing pre-mounts.

I am a racer and I have always liked a great tire, go fast and NOT care about gluing my own tires. Most racers have gotten lazy or spoiled (no punt intended) over the years and will not glue their own up and it has hurt my business, but it is what it is. That is why it as taken me so long to put on the market a quality pre-mount, I wanted the best, period and I think I have found it.

And for those racers that have sent emails and have asked all sort of questions, Let me say this stright foward, if it was not for JAC at JACO racing stepping away from his business a little to help me, this would not even be possible for SpeedWorld to do. Jac did not in anyway asking for anything, just to glue our pre-mounts, I had asked if he would not mind if I can use is rims since it is a quality rim and worked extremely well in testing and he said not at all, so that is already a win for JACO.

It not always about making money, yes we all want to make money, but some times you have to give to get. If the racers are happy, then I did my job correctly and professionally.

Thank you
Billy
Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

this is great news for speedworld and Jaco. Does this mean the Jaco blue/green rubber slicks will be discontinued?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Sorex tires (best handling IMO) on a Prism wheel (best looking IMO) definately sounds like a winning combo. Can't wait to check them out. Our track did Speedrex as a spec tire but I hope they include these as well!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

No JACO are not discontinuing. JACO blues are great spec tire on carpet and asphalt and used by everyone and the price is right. Like I said, this has nothing to do with taking over any of JACO products, it's called loyalty for the help, unless he buys me out and wants it all,LOL..
Old 03-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Thats awesome news Billy!

Now you just need to get Jaco to make those rims in black and we are set!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Awesome Deal Billy and Jaco!! Now what exactally is SJ'R..? Sorex/Jaco-Racing..?...LOL

Great talking to ya the other day Billly I will be contacting ya monday some time...
Old 03-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Hello John, it's always talkinh to you. SPEEDWORLD / JACO racing, close John, LOL.

Billy
Old 03-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Guys, these tires are no joke. It looked like they were even faster on the third or fourth run. WOW! I have some in my pit bag now and I can't wait to unleash them upon the locals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.