Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jwerks will be coming out their 64grade Ti screw set very soon.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY THANKYOU STEVE!!!!!!!! only took 1 week!!!!!

i will see you lot in about 5 hours with pics of course
Old 04-11-2005, 11:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Good News for all BD owners,
Acer racing has just released a ceramic bearing kit.
Just thought I would share.
Stephen <><
The stock bearings will spin more free than the Acer's. The Acer bearings have a rubber shield that rubs on the inner race, although great for sealing, it isnt great for low resistance. I like the Boca metal shielded bearings personally.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone heard any word about the Yokomo Ceramics coming to the US anytime soon? Just wondering.
I hope soon.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 04-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Anyone heard any word about the Yokomo Ceramics coming to the US anytime soon? Just wondering.
I hope soon.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
They should be coming soon. You could still buy ceramics in most of the sizes in packs from Yokomo. You don't need ceramics for the belt tensioner or the small ones in the diffs.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

First weekend with the BD was very rewarding. Got the kit on Friday night. Built it Saturday. And ran it on it's first race on Sunday in 19t. I would say that the stock setup is 80% dead on for asphalt racing. I only changed the rear blocks for a smaller rear toe-in to get a little bit of rotation(aka more steering effect) and the car handled pretty good. This is by far the smoothest car (not to mention fastest corner speed) I've owned. Hopefully, we can do more testing to it before the big races this year...

Btw, was also wondering if a locked center pulley is already in the works for the car!? Hopefully...
Old 04-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by eeyan
Btw, was also wondering if a locked center pulley is already in the works for the car!? Hopefully...
Yes it is, and should be here before the Reedy Race at the end of May.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

i asked a while ago and got no responce so i will try again, if the tamiya 415 guys are using the yok parts for thier diffs then why couldn't we use the tamiya delrin parts for our diffs? btw just asking as i don't have the bd yet. but got to run the worlds yesterday on a wide open big track with med traction, and all i can say is man o man. pretty much just kit set up with old tires, next week i'll work on setup and have new tires. and maybe trade in the 9x2 for a 8x2. i usually don't run mod but it is a blast with a car that works and on a big track.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
i asked a while ago and got no responce so i will try again, if the tamiya 415 guys are using the yok parts for thier diffs then why couldn't we use the tamiya delrin parts for our diffs? btw just asking as i don't have the bd yet. but got to run the worlds yesterday on a wide open big track with med traction, and all i can say is man o man. pretty much just kit set up with old tires, next week i'll work on setup and have new tires. and maybe trade in the 9x2 for a 8x2. i usually don't run mod but it is a blast with a car that works and on a big track.
They're using yok parts to peice together front diffs, I have no idea if a 415 rear diff will fit in the car. Maybe someone who has owned both can try for us. Or you can put together a Pro4 delrin diff like rczombies explained a bit back.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

The 415 guys are not running bd diff's, they're running mr4tc front diffs. On these cars the diff pulley is in the center, on the bd the pully is all the way to one side so the outdrives are different length.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

oops, my bad your right. i gave a friend diff parts from my mr4bc, not bd. sorry if i confused anyone.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry Patrick, they are not running MR4TC front diffs. They are running MR4TC rear diffs up front on the 415.

Someone mentioned what the car weight was. Mine was 1460~66grams. This was with GP3300, Futaba 9550 servo, Q2 ESC, Spektrum transceiver, 19t C2 motor with Eagle heat sink, CS22 premounts, RaySpeed CVDs f/r, no swaybars, and Ride TSX body.

The HPI delrin outdrives, do they require different dog bones?? I ask this because I thought the Pro4 bones were the same bones as the TC3 bones. If they were, then the pins on the bones will be a large diameter compared to the Yok/Tamiya pins. This would mean more slop in the outdrive slots. This would work great with the TC3/RaySpeed CVD conversion... Can anyone confirm this??

~Jimmy Mac
Old 04-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by KilRuf

The HPI delrin outdrives, do they require different dog bones?? I ask this because I thought the Pro4 bones were the same bones as the TC3 bones. If they were, then the pins on the bones will be a large diameter compared to the Yok/Tamiya pins. This would mean more slop in the outdrive slots. This would work great with the TC3/RaySpeed CVD conversion... Can anyone confirm this??

~Jimmy Mac
I just ran the HPI delrin diffs with the stock bones outside in front of my house...no problems.. I didn't feel any differences.

yes the TC3 bones are the same as the Pro4's.. I used the shiny mips for my pro4. Will eventually get the RS CVD conversion.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Has anyone weighed their cars yet to see how far under weight they are?

Box Stock... with a modified motor, GTX esc, GP3300 batts, xxl rec., WRX servo, Transpoder and mazda body... 1,527 gms.

I haven't weighted it yet with the titanium screws, and lightened bones. but im guessing 50grams underweight, since the bones alone are half the weight of the stock ones...

... on another note... what 23T motors are you using?
Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by highwayman
Box Stock... with a modified motor, GTX esc, GP3300 batts, xxl rec., WRX servo, Transpoder and mazda body... 1,527 gms.

I haven't weighted it yet with the titanium screws, and lightened bones. but im guessing 50grams underweight, since the bones alone are half the weight of the stock ones...

... on another note... what 23T motors are you using?
Thanks, looks like I'll be added quite a bit of lead to get it up to weight. For the 23T motor, I'll be running whatever I can borrow Ryan Lee from Team Much More is gonna try to hook me up with a motor for the weekend if the track doesn't have any for sale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.