R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #8356
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

where can you buya BMD kit? when is the new kit coming? What about the SD worlds replica? why is there no information or places to buy this stuff?
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #8357
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
where can you buya BMD kit? when is the new kit coming? What about the SD worlds replica? why is there no information or places to buy this stuff?
B18C Turbo,

About a couple of weeks or so ago, Yokomo USA had a few BDM Kits available. I'm sure you LHS would be able to get you one as well as parts.

Regarding the new car, maybe someone can share more confirmed info on it's arrival.
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #8358
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

yokomousa has the car listed @ $504 usd?
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #8359
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
yokomousa has the car listed @ $504 usd?
Yokomo USA will list it higher so they don't compete with the LHS.. Just have your LHS order it and it will come out cheaper.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #8360
Tech Addict
 
m3ndo5a's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
where can you buya BMD kit? when is the new kit coming? What about the SD worlds replica? why is there no information or places to buy this stuff?

There were only 555 of the SD World kits made, one which I sold almost four years ago.......They were not worth the money, Th LCG was an better move forward at that time. There are a couple Of SDW for sale in Hong Kong internet site and a some in Japan..........

There is no Definate answer when the New Yokomo Belt Drive (BD) kit will be for sale.........

You can buy a BDM from Yokomousa if they have any instock.
You can buy from RcChamps in Japan.
If the price is right you can buy mines...

I would wait if I was you.....(easier said than done). From look at the Proto it look like they are digging into some more steering for the Kit....I wish they would make the Top deck even and lift the motor mount from the lower chassis like the Tech Racing Medusa MY07





These kit is amazing in action...they are fast every where!
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #8361
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
Yokomo USA will list it higher so they don't compete with the LHS.. Just have your LHS order it and it will come out cheaper.
ohhh ok!
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #8362
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ndo5a View Post
There were only 555 of the SD World kits made, one which I sold almost four years ago.......They were not worth the money, Th LCG was an better move forward at that time. There are a couple Of SDW for sale in Hong Kong internet site and a some in Japan..........

There is no Definate answer when the New Yokomo Belt Drive (BD) kit will be for sale.........

You can buy a BDM from Yokomousa if they have any instock.
You can buy from RcChamps in Japan.
If the price is right you can buy mines...

I would wait if I was you.....(easier said than done). From look at the Proto it look like they are digging into some more steering for the Kit....I wish they would make the Top deck even and lift the motor mount from the lower chassis like the Tech Racing Medusa MY07





These kit is amazing in action...they are fast every where!
Hmm, is that pics of the new car? all pink? thanks but i'll pass
RcChamps? Its all in Japanese, i don't speak this language nor understand it!
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #8363
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

save this thread
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #8364
Tech Elite
 
mr4tcsdrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 2,589
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mr4tcsdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to mr4tcsdrifter
Default

Well, im glad to say im very happy with my new bdm. I wasn't able to drive it today for racing, but i did let my friend take and drive it for me. the only thing i did to the car was add my running gear, tweak and balance it. It almost set our track record it the 10.5 class!! Just a little more tweaking, and she'll be there.
Thanks Yokomo for a great product!!
mr4tcsdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #8365
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 87
Default

I have just recently purchased a BD Grainger kit to use outdoors in the uk.

Just wondering what things do i need to change to bring it up to date with the current kits. Some things i noticed was

* CGM Steering
* Hpi 4* front c-hubs
* Newer shock bodys

Anything else i got to do to it? Would rather do it when i build it now than have to change it later.

Also what setup do i need to start on?

Thanks

Craig
Slick990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #8366
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick990 View Post
I have just recently purchased a BD Grainger kit to use outdoors in the uk.

Just wondering what things do i need to change to bring it up to date with the current kits. Some things i noticed was

* CGM Steering
* Hpi 4* front c-hubs
* Newer shock bodys

Anything else i got to do to it? Would rather do it when i build it now than have to change it later.

Also what setup do i need to start on?

Thanks

Craig

Chris's setup

No probs on advice, setup is as follows:

Front
Drive train spool and fixed centre
Roll-bar - 1.3mm
Caster block HB
Camber - -2
Toe angle - 0
Kick up 0
Susp spacer 1mm under all
Steering arm - -0 inline
Bladder Yokomo black, no O ring no rebound
Shock - new body, 1.5mm inside, 11.6mm travel
Spring Yokomo pro dot Pink
Oil 600
Piston 3 hole
Droop - 5.5 to wishbone
Top link inner 1mm under ball
Shock upper 2nd from inside
Shock lower middle
Susp arm - graphite standard length
W/B - 5- -1
Ride height - 5mm
Ackermann 2nd hole from back and CGM steering used

Rear
Roll-bar - 1.1mm
Camber - -2
Toe angle 3.0 all inboard
Susp spacer 0mm
Bladder Yokomo black no O ring no rebound
Shock - new body, 1.5mm inside, 11.6mm travel
Spring Yokomo pro dot blue
Oil - 550
Piston 3
Droop 5 measured to wishbone
Top link inner - 0mm
Top link outer - 2mm with short silver ball
Shock upper 2nd in
Shock lower - outer
Susp arm - graphite
W/B 2-2
Ride height 5
Standard chassis, standard uncut top deck, bomber belts and no rear brace. Cut motor mount and no rear post. UJ rear driveshafts, TIR fronts with Yokomo alloy spool. Alloy rear diff halves
Mazdaspeed shell

This was Chris Grainger's last set up posted by John Pape... page 268 bottom of the page.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #8367
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 87
Default

Thanks for the setup. With the motor mount is that with the front leg machined off?
Slick990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #8368
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick990 View Post
Thanks for the setup. With the motor mount is that with the front leg machined off?

Yes, or you can just remove the screw to try it out first.....
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #8369
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 87
Default

No problem,
I will just machine it off anyway. Same thing as i did to my Tc5's.

Anything else i need to do?
Slick990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #8370
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Just make sure to run the high volume shock bodies....
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR4TC CGM wyl03 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 06-26-2007 04:39 PM
yokomo mr4tc pro racer57 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-07-2006 02:34 AM
Looking for Yokomo MR4TC BD1 yyhayyim R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-24-2006 07:07 PM
yokomo mr4tc i730 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-20-2005 02:51 PM
WTB: Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG! DOMOisCOOL R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-06-2004 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net