R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2008, 04:31 AM   #8101
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

More on the Yokomo prototype here:

http://www.rc-japan.de/article.php?i...255778b7761935
__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #8102
Tech Master
 
fpart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,967
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart
Cool

Is there any office news from Yokomo yet about the new BD?
__________________
teamTrinity.com Sweepracingusa.com
スクービーは私のヒーローです!
Why is Scooby so slow, you might ask?
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #8103
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 1,499
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentech View Post

Thanks Kentech.

I hope that's not the final design. I think that the basic BD design is an
excellent one, but there are some changes that I was hoping for on the new chassis.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #8104
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

It looks close to being a finished product and hopefully the drivetrain will stay smooth just like the previous models.....

Can't wait for the official pics from Yokomo.....
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:28 AM   #8105
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Looks Good, similar to the previous Bd but with some Modifications!

Cant wait!!!
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:52 AM   #8106
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
I hope that's not the final design. I think that the basic BD design is an
excellent one, but there are some changes that I was hoping for on the new chassis.
What were you after then?

Seems like they have addressed most of the issues that i can think of?
stuartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #8107
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

I own my 4 BD's and i cant critisise them and i think that it is good that the new version is similar because the BD is a great car, hope the new one is even better!
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #8108
Tech Champion
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Default

looks deceive .... it may looks like a BD at first glance but for sure the refinements are what will make the difference. the milled bulkhead might be done that way to give the car a certain amount/kind of flex. there seems to be a provision for maybe a rear cross brace in the rear bulkhead (similar to the one in the BD made out of CF). and maybe (and im just guessing here), those silver bits indicate that they are still testing steering/ackerman settings, and also chassis stiffness given that bit where the upper deck is mounted. the arms are a different mold as well as the suspension components. the suspension geometry is for sure different as well and the CG is definitely way lower ... i jus thope though that they consider LiPo in the equation when then finalize the design. hard to tell from the pics if that upper deck can accommodate hard cased LiPo we are familar with (ie. Orion, SMC, etc ....)

all in all, i cant wait to get my hands on one. hope its sooner rather than later!
__________________
[YOKOMO BD7][REEDY RACING][TEAM ORION]
[Sanwa][LRP][Protoform]

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #8109
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
looks deceive .... it may looks like a BD at first glance but for sure the refinements are what will make the difference. the milled bulkhead might be done that way to give the car a certain amount/kind of flex. there seems to be a provision for maybe a rear cross brace in the rear bulkhead (similar to the one in the BD made out of CF). and maybe (and im just guessing here), those silver bits indicate that they are still testing steering/ackerman settings, and also chassis stiffness given that bit where the upper deck is mounted. the arms are a different mold as well as the suspension components. the suspension geometry is for sure different as well and the CG is definitely way lower ... i jus thope though that they consider LiPo in the equation when then finalize the design. hard to tell from the pics if that upper deck can accommodate hard cased LiPo we are familar with (ie. Orion, SMC, etc ....)

all in all, i cant wait to get my hands on one. hope its sooner rather than later!
looking at the pics...the cells just fit under the upper deck. There's no way you're gonna get a 4800 or 5000 lipo under there. You may be able to get a 3200 under though
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #8110
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I think It will be easy enough to shim under the top deck to get the 5000 lipo packs in there. If you also look at the front upper deck there is a lot of room for the top plugs.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:21 AM   #8111
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

for those of with with the outdoor season to start I have posted a very good starting setup right here

binahof.spaces.live.com

there will be weekly updates (or at least i try to do weekly)
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #8112
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Nice report...
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #8113
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: italy
Posts: 109
Default

japanese press.... rumors... previews...



il-gufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #8114
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 177
Default

Dear Martin,

Was studying your setup, got a few question:

Toe out inboard: 0.5 wheels; 0.5 open. Do you mean your are using the 0.5 front suspension mount with a 0.5 toe-out?

I only have the CGM steering crank but not the MR4TC hub, is it still worth to try the steering modification without the 4TC hub?

Do you use any thin Yok Hex in the front to make more steering?

Thanks.
MARKANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #8115
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKANO View Post
Dear Martin,

Was studying your setup, got a few question:

Toe out inboard: 0.5 wheels; 0.5 open. Do you mean your are using the 0.5 front suspension mount with a 0.5 toe-out?

I only have the CGM steering crank but not the MR4TC hub, is it still worth to try the steering modification without the 4TC hub?

Do you use any thin Yok Hex in the front to make more steering?

Thanks.


Markano, using the MR4tc hub is pretty important since the whole idea is to get a little more lock....

Martin Hofers setup on the page is pretty close to the set up that John Pape posted a few pages back and should be a good starting point for outdoors...
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR4TC CGM wyl03 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 06-26-2007 04:39 PM
yokomo mr4tc pro racer57 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-07-2006 02:34 AM
Looking for Yokomo MR4TC BD1 yyhayyim R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-24-2006 07:07 PM
yokomo mr4tc i730 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-20-2005 02:51 PM
WTB: Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG! DOMOisCOOL R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-06-2004 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:11 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net