R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #7411
Tech Addict
 
Island Losi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
tested it with a motor that is even harder than a 3,5T (won't say what it was). No problems at all


the diff or the spools? if spools which one?
Island Losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:27 PM   #7412
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

Diff

I use a TiR spool
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #7413
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Losi View Post
would the diff with the thin blue ring around the ends be good enough for low turn brushless racing?

Hows the speedtech and team bomber spools?
The yokomo diffs are the best composite diffs ever. I'm still using the original set that came with mine. That's over two years of stock and 19T racing
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #7414
Tech Addict
 
Island Losi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
Diff

I use a TiR spool
Thanks for the info
Island Losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #7415
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Losi View Post
would the diff with the thin blue ring around the ends be good enough for low turn brushless racing?

Hows the speedtech and team bomber spools?
STAY AWAY FROM THE TEAM BOMBER SPOOL

Worst hopup I ever bought for any car. You go through blades every 2 batteries and if you forget even once the pins pinch through the blades causing incredible damage to the spool. Lasted about 2 weeks with me.

Go for TIR or any other company that offers delrin outdrives...
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #7416
Tech Addict
 
Island Losi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante View Post
STAY AWAY FROM THE TEAM BOMBER SPOOL

Worst hopup I ever bought for any car. You go through blades every 2 batteries and if you forget even once the pins pinch through the blades causing incredible damage to the spool. Lasted about 2 weeks with me.

Go for TIR or any other company that offers delrin outdrives...

thanks for the heads up!

was this with/without the blades?

not even the yokomo plastic spool which comes with the alu sleeves? the reason for all the questions is that i want to make one order from a single online store, so its either stormer or rc-car-world.
Island Losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #7417
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Losi View Post
thanks for the heads up!

was this with/without the blades?

not even the yokomo plastic spool which comes with the alu sleeves? the reason for all the questions is that i want to make one order from a single online store, so its either stormer or rc-car-world.
This was with the blades at the beginning of a run and without during the end ;-)
But they wear out incredibly fast (driving 4.5r) its pretty expensive to keep running like this. you can also use Xray blades with it but it will get to about 1 Euro/battery you run or so... this adds up.

Now I drive the delrin cups from TIR, 10Euro for 2 and they have almost no wear at all.
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:34 AM   #7418
Tech Addict
 
Island Losi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante View Post
This was with the blades at the beginning of a run and without during the end ;-)
But they wear out incredibly fast (driving 4.5r) its pretty expensive to keep running like this. you can also use Xray blades with it but it will get to about 1 Euro/battery you run or so... this adds up.

Now I drive the delrin cups from TIR, 10Euro for 2 and they have almost no wear at all.
So its TiR hands down.
Island Losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:37 AM   #7419
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coca-cola land
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighty View Post
hi everyone

If i swap the rear 0.5 toe in hubs left to right, would that give me 0.5 toe out? So if i use that along with the 2.5 rear toe in block, that would give me 2.0toe in overall?

Would this be a good idea? or am i being stupid? I want less rear toe in for a high speed track in stock.


thanks
Try that already. The rear end is less predictable, If you want 2.0 rear toe, just use the 2.0 block and 0 deg hubs.
B-day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:53 AM   #7420
Tech Addict
 
Island Losi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

any tips on rebuilding the diff and running it in? this is the first time im rebuilding one and the search button it still hiding from me
Island Losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #7421
Tech Addict
 
Simon K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Losi View Post
any tips on rebuilding the diff and running it in? this is the first time im rebuilding one and the search button it still hiding from me
Spray new rings and balls with motor cleaner. Sand rings with 1200 grit wet and dry sandpaper. Assemble as per instructions. Be gentle with the throttle until you get the setting tight enough.

Pretty straightforward really.
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #7422
Tech Addict
 
Island Losi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon K View Post
Spray new rings and balls with motor cleaner. Sand rings with 1200 grit wet and dry sandpaper. Assemble as per instructions. Be gentle with the throttle until you get the setting tight enough.

Pretty straightforward really.
thanks, i did everything u said but not the sanding. drove the car with a double one way on asphalt..............holly crap does this thing turn. im loving it.
Island Losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #7423
Tech Adept
 
Aid1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 119
Default

any body got a good setup for rubber tyres on carpet med to high traction 19turn class.
many thanks in advance
Aid1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:15 AM   #7424
Tech Regular
 
GymBeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Losi|Novak|MuchMore
Posts: 434
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hi,

there is a LONG and SHORT ball stud king pin, that goes on the top of the front hub carrier.

whats the part number for the LONG ball Stud king pin?

(i would use a search function buy search thread dont work)


thanks
GymBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 AM   #7425
Tech Elite
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,334
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymBeam View Post
hi,

there is a LONG and SHORT ball stud king pin, that goes on the top of the front hub carrier.

whats the part number for the LONG ball Stud king pin?

(i would use a search function buy search thread dont work)


thanks


414 KB
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR4TC CGM wyl03 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 06-26-2007 04:39 PM
yokomo mr4tc pro racer57 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-07-2006 02:34 AM
Looking for Yokomo MR4TC BD1 yyhayyim R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-24-2006 07:07 PM
yokomo mr4tc i730 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-20-2005 02:51 PM
WTB: Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG! DOMOisCOOL R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-06-2004 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net