R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #6781
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
nice car but

change the steeringnuckels to sd-415S, the ones you use are total crap.
whats wrong with them.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:26 PM   #6782
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Zacharopoulos

I would also like to know what's wrong!!!!

No you can't buy Orion BL yet , it will be anounced these days at the show at Germany!!

www.zworks.tk

^^^Check it ^^^
Zacharopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #6783
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer

the nuckles u use are the trailing (1) nuckels.

with these the are is not as precise as it is with 415s,
it does not have as much steering as it has with 415s
and the feel on the track is simply not good.

trailing was used some time ago in pro 10, but in touring cars no company uses trailing except yokomo, where none of the pro/teamdrivers uses them
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #6784
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to coons88

I made an English version of the BDM setup sheet if anyone is interested. See attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BDM Setup Blank1.pdf (364.4 KB, 171 views)
Old 01-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #6785
Tech Elite

Quote:

trailing was used some time ago in pro 10, but in touring cars no company uses trailing except yokomo, where none of the pro/teamdrivers uses them
those are your experiences on your tracks, mine are different, with the 415s steering is twitchy, more intial turn in, but does not have more "steering". i have gone back and forth between the two. when i installed the 1 degree rear front toe block i removed the 415s in favor of the standard knuckles to settle down the twitchy ness, to me, smoother is faster and it suits my driving. one thing i have noticed asphalt or tarmac isl different all over the world and what works at one tracks doesn't at another.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 PM   #6786
Tech Regular

Quote:

the trailing knuckles might be useful in situations where people are running foam tires on high grip carpet, so do not be too quick to judge things as 'crap'.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:23 PM   #6787
Tech Master

maybe the tracks you race are different.
but everyone that tested them so far was noticibly faster with the 415s than with the 1mm .. mostly about 1- 2/10 PER LAP, sometime even 3.
On carpet with Rubbertires 415s was always better, on asphalt also.

Maybe it's really personal likings. But I've seen a few pics of yokomo's pro drivers cars .. and there are always 415s installed, or hb which is non-trailing also
Old 01-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #6788
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

I know at Socal racetrack, the fast yokomo guys use the 1 trailing arms...and they are very fast...
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #6789
Tech Master

isn't socal a high bite asphalt indoortrack? if so we don't have something comparable to this in germany. all our asphalttracks are more or less low bite
Old 01-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #6790
Tech Elite

Quote:
maybe the tracks you race are different.
but everyone that tested them so far was noticibly faster with the 415s than with the 1mm .. mostly about 1- 2/10 PER LAP, sometime even 3.
On carpet with Rubbertires 415s was always better, on asphalt also.

Maybe it's really personal likings. But I've seen a few pics of yokomo's pro drivers cars .. and there are always 415s installed, or hb which is non-trailing also

funny thing about masami, grainger, easton, etc. you and i, we will never be them, and what works for them doesn't always work for us. for instance, i will bet that of all the yok drivers around the world, i am the only one running standard yok short orange springs on the front and the "new" white springs with a green dot on the rear. why would i do that, cause it works 'FOR ME' on my track. oh and i have track record. (again)

btw, if yok posted my setup under masami's name there are those that would post on here how "dailed" it was. but if i post it, you guys would think i'm crazy for running what i am running.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:52 PM   #6791
Tech Elite

Quote:
isn't socal a high bite asphalt indoortrack? if so we don't have something comparable to this in germany. all our asphalttracks are more or less low bite

is that not what i said. 415s not ALWAYS better
Old 01-29-2007, 06:15 AM   #6792
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
funny thing about masami, grainger, easton, etc. you and i, we will never be them, and what works for them doesn't always work for us. for instance, i will bet that of all the yok drivers around the world, i am the only one running standard yok short orange springs on the front and the "new" white springs with a green dot on the rear. why would i do that, cause it works 'FOR ME' on my track. oh and i have track record. (again)

btw, if yok posted my setup under masami's name there are those that would post on here how "dailed" it was. but if i post it, you guys would think i'm crazy for running what i am running.
This is exactly what I have been saying at my track, thanks. Everyone is chasing the hype, around november 90% of the drivers had the infamous Xray 007 US Carpet spec and if you didnt own one you didnt know what you were doing, and late in december everyone (95% of the original 90%) suddenly switched to the corally RDX US carpet car and several of the drivers even said that their great Xray was crap and even a bad purchase. My conclusion was that after any big race or if any of the local tracks fast guys says this is what they are having success with everyone jumps on thir coat tails trying to keep up. All that being said all of these cars are capable but its the driver thats ultimately the guy thats fast, so practice dont change your car/setup just because someone else is fast. What fun is that when everyone is running the same car, ESC, body, motor, tires, etc... Do you!
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:47 AM   #6793
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

guys... when you buy the sd-415s or sd-415sg... does it come as a pair of front knuckle arms??? my lhs doesnt have this in stock so i want to make sure before becoz ive got lots of rear toe blocks that are unused...

i just want to try this out if it really would give me more steering... and ive learned another way of achieving more steering...reading really helps

Turtlemaster: thanks for the setup tips...mine is almost same as yours...although im using the softer chassis and with the same minor changes that youve recommended...by the way, what motor are you running with that setup???
Old 01-29-2007, 10:56 AM   #6794
Tech Elite

the 0 degree steering knuckles come by them selves, no rear hubs, have your hobbyshop look up the part numbers on yokomousa.com only the standard sd-415 comes with the rear hub.

i am using the novak 13.5 brushless, we are lucky in that we run on a indoor asphalt track that has great traction so that setup won't work everywhere, it was just to give others something to think about. my track, SEATTLEINDOORRACEWAY.COM. there used to pictures but its a new web site and isn't finished yet. race results are posted.

btw martin, if it sounds like i'm getting on your case, i apoligze, not my intentions, you have posted lots of good stuff. thanks, i just disagree on the hubs.

Last edited by Turtlemaster; 01-29-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #6795
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne1one
This is exactly what I have been saying at my track, thanks. Everyone is chasing the hype, around november 90% of the drivers had the infamous Xray 007 US Carpet spec and if you didnt own one you didnt know what you were doing, and late in december everyone (95% of the original 90%) suddenly switched to the corally RDX US carpet car and several of the drivers even said that their great Xray was crap and even a bad purchase. My conclusion was that after any big race or if any of the local tracks fast guys says this is what they are having success with everyone jumps on thir coat tails trying to keep up. All that being said all of these cars are capable but its the driver thats ultimately the guy thats fast, so practice dont change your car/setup just because someone else is fast. What fun is that when everyone is running the same car, ESC, body, motor, tires, etc... Do you!
I totally agree.

Burtonsville, MD