Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Reply

Old 01-17-2007, 12:34 AM
  #6706  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
tantalus007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: parañaque
Posts: 1,452
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
you could try mine. its probably not the best but it works for me so far...

Front:
0.5 front-rear toe suspension pin mount
0 toe front
2mm shims under both front suspension pin mounts
2mm shim on the front camber link (bulkhead)
front shock mounted on 2nd outermost hole
steering links mounted on the 2nd to the front-most hole

REAR
2 deg rear-rear toe suspension pin mount
no shims under the suspension pin mounts
0.5 deg toe rear hub carriers (placed on the wrong sides for less toe)
2mm shim on the rear camber link (bulkhead)
rear shock mounted on the 2nd outermost hole (BD shock tower, not the BDM one)

2deg camber on all wheels
shock lengh: 62mm
droop: 7f/5r (using Hudy droop blocks)
stock front and rear swaybars
30Wt oil all around (box stock internals)
Paragon FXII compound
Sorex 36R with Speedmind TypeB medium insterts
2 x 4mm holes punched in the wheels

for Power
IB4200WC 6-cell
Novak GTX
Team Express Co27

if and when you do try it, lemme know what you think... i'm still working on the set-up and would appreciate any feedback, comments.

jason: what springs are you using on your front and rear shocks???
tantalus007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:42 AM
  #6707  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tantalus007
jason: what springs are you using on your front and rear shocks???
hi weinner. not sure since i got the kit 2nd hand. they're white but without the color-coded mark. i'm assuming they're the box stock white springs that came with the earlier BD's.
VooDooPH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:21 AM
  #6708  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KIAMA NSW.
Posts: 39
Default

THE SPRINGS ARE DIFFERENT COLOURS ACCORDING TO THEIR SPRING RATING.
Mick333 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:35 AM
  #6709  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KIAMA NSW.
Posts: 39
Default

YOKOMO SPRINGS (SOFT TO HARD), (SHORT)
BLACK, WHITE, BLUE, YELLOW, PINK, STAINLESS, GREEN, ORANGE.
RAYSPEED SPRINGS (SOFT TO HARD) (LONG)
GREEN, BLUE,YELLOW, WHITE, RED, GRAY.
Mick333 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:12 AM
  #6710  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
tantalus007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: parañaque
Posts: 1,452
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
hi weinner. not sure since i got the kit 2nd hand. they're white but without the color-coded mark. i'm assuming they're the box stock white springs that came with the earlier BD's.
i believe they're rayspeed white springs... those were the stock springs that came with the regular BD's...
tantalus007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:10 AM
  #6711  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

great! thanks. so if they're of the rayspeed variety that would put them in the medium/hard side.

i'll try to look for slightly softer springs... thanks!
VooDooPH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 AM
  #6712  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KIAMA NSW.
Posts: 39
Default

THE BD THAT I VE GOT CAME STOCK WITH RAYSPEED SPRINGS STANDARD WITH WHITE ON THE FRONT AND BLUE ON THE REAR.
Mick333 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:03 AM
  #6713  
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Default

if you want to use rayspeed springs I'd regard using blue/green with rubber tires. works fine on 95% of all tracks.
I use Yokomo new-style green/pink on all tracks. Like the feel of those.
Martin Hofer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:27 AM
  #6714  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

HELP!!! I have just got a used BD, but I have some issues. I'm running CS27 tires, but the front ones, it seems there is not enough of clearance in diameter, as the front endge of the A-arms keep rubbing against the wheels and doesnt let the steering work properly, as it binds. No such issue at rear. When I put in foam tires, there is ample size wheel diameter and thus no binding...how are you guys running rubber tires on this car without the wheel and A-arm rubbing or binding?
yyhayyim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:35 AM
  #6715  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: auburn washington
Posts: 2,053
Default

it has to do the the type of wheel you are using, the a arm is hitting on the ribs of the wheel. either change wheels, grind down the ribs and little, or use a tamiya wheel spacer to move the wheel out, you could cut the little "bar" off the a arm but thats there for a reason.

of course i am assuming its the ribs on the wheel that is the problem as i had the same issue once.
Turtlemaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:40 AM
  #6716  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: auburn washington
Posts: 2,053
Default

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
you could try mine. its probably not the best but it works for me so far...

Front:
0.5 front-rear toe suspension pin mount
0 toe front
2mm shims under both front suspension pin mounts
2mm shim on the front camber link (bulkhead)
front shock mounted on 2nd outermost hole
steering links mounted on the 2nd to the front-most hole

REAR
2 deg rear-rear toe suspension pin mount
no shims under the suspension pin mounts
0.5 deg toe rear hub carriers (placed on the wrong sides for less toe)
2mm shim on the rear camber link (bulkhead)
rear shock mounted on the 2nd outermost hole (BD shock tower, not the BDM one)

2deg camber on all wheels
shock lengh: 62mm
droop: 7f/5r (using Hudy droop blocks)
stock front and rear swaybars
30Wt oil all around (box stock internals)
Paragon FXII compound
Sorex 36R with Speedmind TypeB medium insterts
2 x 4mm holes punched in the wheels

for Power
IB4200WC 6-cell
Novak GTX
Team Express Co27

if and when you do try it, lemme know what you think... i'm still working on the set-up and would appreciate any feedback, comments.

for slippery tracks you may want to try removing the front upper camber links spacers, more angle equals more steering, move the shocks in one hole

on the rear i would use more rear toe, try 2.5 block and put the .5 hubs on the correct side, and try the speedmind premounted 28's or 32's sorex tires.

also with 2mm spacers under the front and none under the rear thats a drastic roll center difference front and rear, i would try at least a 1mm under the rear blocks.
Turtlemaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:54 PM
  #6717  
Tech Rookie
 
ADDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cheshire, England
Posts: 18
iv just aquired a mr4tc-bd does anyone have a indoor carpet with foam tyres setup
ADDMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
  #6718  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
coons88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
HELP!!! I have just got a used BD, but I have some issues. I'm running CS27 tires, but the front ones, it seems there is not enough of clearance in diameter, as the front endge of the A-arms keep rubbing against the wheels and doesnt let the steering work properly, as it binds. No such issue at rear. When I put in foam tires, there is ample size wheel diameter and thus no binding...how are you guys running rubber tires on this car without the wheel and A-arm rubbing or binding?
Makre sure the c-hub is mounted on the upper hole in the A-arm.
coons88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
  #6719  
Tech Adept
 
Wayne1one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 239
Default

try wheel spacers
Wayne1one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:20 PM
  #6720  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (81)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,189
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

question for BD & 3.5R runners

any excessive wear on the ff. drivetrain items:

1. rear diff plastic outdrives
2. front steel 1-way outdrives
3. cvd joints (the rebuildable part with the pins and grub screws)?

should i replace the stock parts on my BD with any available stronger parts or will they hold up to 3.5R power?

also, anyone know if yokomo (or other aftermarket brands) offer diff/cvd systems similar to xray, cyclone, rdx, or msx? the one's with plastic pads on the ends to prevent excessive diff wear?

thanks in advance for any info
marvi is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service