Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by adyb
Hi Chris,
Just a couple of questions for you

Is your chassis 'Grainger edition' the same as the BDM chassis??
I also heard you mention that there is a stiffer chasiss from Yokomo. Is this chassis what you use all the time now and any part numbers.
Also do you think the new front and rear hubs will be offically released. As the HPI stuff seems difficult to fit with Yokomo bearing (spacing) unless I change to HPI axles as well

Thanks
For some reason it got round that the BDM comes with the hard Chassis, it in fact comes with the std chassis, same as the old BD and my kit

We only use the hard chassis on carpet BD-002-GH

I don't expect you will see new hubs for the BD, we ran all std parts at the Japan Nats, and all the manufactures are working on off road for next years worlds, so everyone's on road development will slow in 07, then go mad again in 08 for the next on road worlds

Chris
Old 12-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

ok guys why is the standard rear shock tower better than the bdm one and what differance does using the cgm bellcranks make to the handling of the car
Old 12-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
God sake Adrian click on the UK Flag for English
i can read german so i don`t need to
I'm observant me!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Tech Champion

Hi, I'm newbie for 1/12. I received 2 T-bars : thick and thin. Are those for carpet and asphalt ? Which one best to use for asphalt ? Thank you.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by asw7576
Hi, I'm newbie for 1/12. I received 2 T-bars : thick and thin. Are those for carpet and asphalt ? Which one best to use for asphalt ? Thank you.
Hey dude wrong thread
Old 12-05-2006, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by asw7576
hey don`t confuse us anymore on this thread ,we are allready confused enough
Old 12-05-2006, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Chris Grainger
For some reason it got round that the BDM comes with the hard Chassis, it in fact comes with the std chassis, same as the old BD and my kit

I don't expect you will see new hubs for the BD, we ran all std parts at the Japan Nats, and all the manufactures are working on off road for next years worlds, so everyone's on road development will slow in 07, then go mad again in 08 for the next on road worlds

Chris
is it the same thickness 2.5mm??
but it`s just got a different weave in the carbon to make it harder
Old 12-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

To clear all the rumors

the old BD came with a soft chassi, which is crappy if you want to race on carpet
the BD-002GH chassi is really really hard, an therefore very good for carpets of all kinds

BUT the BDM come with a special chassi BD-002MG

It is not as hard as the GH Chassi but much harder than the chassi, that came in the old BDs.

So the plate that came in the old BD has nothing to do with the BDM plate!!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

sitting here comparing all three chassis's they all measure the same, the hard chassis is the hardest (guess that explains the name lol) but i'm having a real hard time finding any difference in the bdm chassis the "standard" one part number BD-002G i will assume because there is a different part number for it there is a reason.

anyone tried the new rear hinge pin mounts for the front of the car with the differing toe setting?? what are they for and what are they suppose to do.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

more steering in mid corner -> especially good when using a spool

build the car with the soft chassi and than with the bdm

you will find a difference I'm sure

if not built the masami chassi is not hard at all but when ready built it is much harder don't know why
Old 12-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
To clear all the rumors

the old BD came with a soft chassi, which is crappy if you want to race on carpet
the BD-002GH chassi is really really hard, an therefore very good for carpets of all kinds

BUT the BDM come with a special chassi BD-002MG

It is not as hard as the GH Chassi but much harder than the chassi, that came in the old BDs.

So the plate that came in the old BD has nothing to do with the BDM plate!!

Originally Posted by Chris Grainger

Chris

Martin - I think Chris cleared all the rumors, BD/BDM same chassis and a carpet chassis!!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adyb
Martin - I think Chris cleared all the rumors, BD/BDM same chassis and a carpet chassis!!
Not really
I have the better carpet chassis(3mm Demon) surley
Old 12-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

chris is an expert.

But

in this case he is simply wrong the bd and the bdm do NOT have the same chassi looks the same at first sight, but the carbon pattern is different and the bdm plate is harder
Old 12-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
chris is an expert.

But

in this case he is simply wrong the bd and the bdm do NOT have the same chassi looks the same at first sight, but the carbon pattern is different and the bdm plate is harder

Sorry but you are wrong, the chassis on the old std BD, My Kit and The BDM are the same, then there is the hard one that is still 2.5 but a harder weave.

The std chassis now has the cuts removed from the front to make it stronger in a crash, but is the same stiffness as the std one, but this is why the new part number

Please believe me I was in the Yokomo factory Tokyo two weeks ago..
Old 12-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

I believe you, you should know this.

But I have built 4 BDMs since end of july and a friend of mine has the old std bd and his car is definately softer than mine is. we changed the chassi plates and then his car was much stiffer than mine was then with his chassi.

I really don't know, but still believe the bdm is stiffer than the old bd.

but to be honest .. who cares .. this car rocks :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.