R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #6466
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adyb
Hi Chris,
Just a couple of questions for you

Is your chassis 'Grainger edition' the same as the BDM chassis??
I also heard you mention that there is a stiffer chasiss from Yokomo. Is this chassis what you use all the time now and any part numbers.
Also do you think the new front and rear hubs will be offically released. As the HPI stuff seems difficult to fit with Yokomo bearing (spacing) unless I change to HPI axles as well

Thanks
For some reason it got round that the BDM comes with the hard Chassis, it in fact comes with the std chassis, same as the old BD and my kit

We only use the hard chassis on carpet BD-002-GH

I don't expect you will see new hubs for the BD, we ran all std parts at the Japan Nats, and all the manufactures are working on off road for next years worlds, so everyone's on road development will slow in 07, then go mad again in 08 for the next on road worlds

Chris
Chris Grainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:18 AM   #6467
Tech Adept
 
Aid1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 119
Default

ok guys why is the standard rear shock tower better than the bdm one and what differance does using the cgm bellcranks make to the handling of the car
Aid1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:40 AM   #6468
Tech Adept
 
Racingbod85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bromley, Kent, UK
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
God sake Adrian click on the UK Flag for English
i can read german so i don`t need to
I'm observant me!
__________________
RC12L4
Novak 4.5R / 10.5R
Sanwa/Futaba/Much More
Carpetwars/Sidcup RCC/Maritime Racing/7oaksmcc
Racingbod85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:56 AM   #6469
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Hi, I'm newbie for 1/12. I received 2 T-bars : thick and thin. Are those for carpet and asphalt ? Which one best to use for asphalt ? Thank you.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:12 AM   #6470
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Hi, I'm newbie for 1/12. I received 2 T-bars : thick and thin. Are those for carpet and asphalt ? Which one best to use for asphalt ? Thank you.
Hey dude wrong thread
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:29 AM   #6471
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Hi, I'm newbie for 1/12. I received 2 T-bars : thick and thin. Are those for carpet and asphalt ? Which one best to use for asphalt ? Thank you.
hey don`t confuse us anymore on this thread ,we are allready confused enough
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:31 AM   #6472
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Grainger
For some reason it got round that the BDM comes with the hard Chassis, it in fact comes with the std chassis, same as the old BD and my kit

We only use the hard chassis on carpet BD-002-GH

I don't expect you will see new hubs for the BD, we ran all std parts at the Japan Nats, and all the manufactures are working on off road for next years worlds, so everyone's on road development will slow in 07, then go mad again in 08 for the next on road worlds

Chris
is it the same thickness 2.5mm??
but it`s just got a different weave in the carbon to make it harder
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:20 AM   #6473
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

To clear all the rumors

the old BD came with a soft chassi, which is crappy if you want to race on carpet
the BD-002GH chassi is really really hard, an therefore very good for carpets of all kinds

BUT the BDM come with a special chassi BD-002MG

It is not as hard as the GH Chassi but much harder than the chassi, that came in the old BDs.

So the plate that came in the old BD has nothing to do with the BDM plate!!
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:53 AM   #6474
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: auburn washington
Posts: 2,053
Default

sitting here comparing all three chassis's they all measure the same, the hard chassis is the hardest (guess that explains the name lol) but i'm having a real hard time finding any difference in the bdm chassis the "standard" one part number BD-002G i will assume because there is a different part number for it there is a reason.

anyone tried the new rear hinge pin mounts for the front of the car with the differing toe setting?? what are they for and what are they suppose to do.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #6475
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

more steering in mid corner -> especially good when using a spool

build the car with the soft chassi and than with the bdm

you will find a difference I'm sure

if not built the masami chassi is not hard at all but when ready built it is much harder don't know why
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:04 AM   #6476
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
To clear all the rumors

the old BD came with a soft chassi, which is crappy if you want to race on carpet
the BD-002GH chassi is really really hard, an therefore very good for carpets of all kinds

BUT the BDM come with a special chassi BD-002MG

It is not as hard as the GH Chassi but much harder than the chassi, that came in the old BDs.

So the plate that came in the old BD has nothing to do with the BDM plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Grainger
For some reason it got round that the BDM comes with the hard Chassis, it in fact comes with the std chassis, same as the old BD and my kit

We only use the hard chassis on carpet BD-002-GH

I don't expect you will see new hubs for the BD, we ran all std parts at the Japan Nats, and all the manufactures are working on off road for next years worlds, so everyone's on road development will slow in 07, then go mad again in 08 for the next on road worlds

Chris

Martin - I think Chris cleared all the rumors, BD/BDM same chassis and a carpet chassis!!
adyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #6477
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adyb
Martin - I think Chris cleared all the rumors, BD/BDM same chassis and a carpet chassis!!
Not really
I have the better carpet chassis(3mm Demon) surley
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #6478
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

chris is an expert.

But

in this case he is simply wrong the bd and the bdm do NOT have the same chassi looks the same at first sight, but the carbon pattern is different and the bdm plate is harder
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #6479
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
chris is an expert.

But

in this case he is simply wrong the bd and the bdm do NOT have the same chassi looks the same at first sight, but the carbon pattern is different and the bdm plate is harder

Sorry but you are wrong, the chassis on the old std BD, My Kit and The BDM are the same, then there is the hard one that is still 2.5 but a harder weave.

The std chassis now has the cuts removed from the front to make it stronger in a crash, but is the same stiffness as the std one, but this is why the new part number

Please believe me I was in the Yokomo factory Tokyo two weeks ago..
Chris Grainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #6480
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

I believe you, you should know this.

But I have built 4 BDMs since end of july and a friend of mine has the old std bd and his car is definately softer than mine is. we changed the chassi plates and then his car was much stiffer than mine was then with his chassi.

I really don't know, but still believe the bdm is stiffer than the old bd.

but to be honest .. who cares .. this car rocks :-)
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR4TC CGM wyl03 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 06-26-2007 04:39 PM
yokomo mr4tc pro racer57 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-07-2006 02:34 AM
Looking for Yokomo MR4TC BD1 yyhayyim R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-24-2006 07:07 PM
yokomo mr4tc i730 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-20-2005 02:51 PM
WTB: Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG! DOMOisCOOL R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-06-2004 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:02 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net