R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2006, 03:08 AM   #6301
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I think masami has just used one servo post and servo taped the servo down. On my old SD i just use to use servo tape and nothing else.

Hes running rubber modified so the brace must be for more flex. Dont know about the purple ball studs :s they are different ball ends so i guess they fit better. Another thing. Look how much room he has because of the low profile servo. You could fit 3 reciever packs in that thing!
Old 11-18-2006, 06:42 AM   #6302
Tech Master

Default Carpet Chassies

Thank you Darkside,alright guys that is a picture of the carpet chassies that we are working on,guys we are almost finished and I think this car will be a force on carpet.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:49 AM   #6303
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer
Thank you Darkside,alright guys that is a picture of the carpet chassies that we are working on,guys we are almost finished and I think this car will be a force on carpet.
How much we looking at?

thanks.
tcfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:41 AM   #6304
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Could somebody tell me the biggest spur gear that fits on the BD? i will remove the brace. i just want to know how far i can go without sticking out the bottom of the chassis..........

THANKS!
Old 11-18-2006, 11:04 AM   #6305
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

116 or 118. if I remember correctly I used the 116 WITH the brace. it sure was close, though.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #6306
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys im looking to get a new BD i run a LCG on carpet now! and its a rocket and hooks up well as i was reading a page back one guy said it was not good! i beg to differ i have a really stiff 3mm chassie and top deck on mine! if any of you would like i know a guy who makes them and it defanetly handles in the corners alot better! it transitions way smoother! and id stiffer then a T2 with bmi chassie! if you would like one feel free to pm he chargers $110 per chassie but if is high quality stuff.

But back to the main reason im on here! is im lloking to get another BD to run on carpet and was wondering if you think its worth it to go with the Masami ED or not? thanks for the input!
Old 11-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #6307
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default My Very Good guess

The purple ball studs are to go with the BX ball joints ,these have holes in top so you put a 2mm hex driver in to change shims with out getting the pliers out to twist the ball cups off & then use the yokomo box wrench which seemed to be the only wrench that fits the yokomo ball studs

i have square racing ballstuds with a 2mm socket in top, so mine are allready done
learnt that from the tamiya evo 4 i had
i run 48dp & about 84 or 85 is the biggest on spur
HTH
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:53 PM   #6308
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer
is this aimed at the usa foam/carpet racing ??
Old 11-18-2006, 03:15 PM   #6309
BJ
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
The purple ball studs are to go with the BX ball joints ,these have holes in top so you put a 2mm hex driver in to change shims with out getting the pliers out to twist the ball cups off & then use the yokomo box wrench which seemed to be the only wrench that fits the yokomo ball studs

i have square racing ballstuds with a 2mm socket in top, so mine are allready done
learnt that from the tamiya evo 4 i had
i run 48dp & about 84 or 85 is the biggest on spur
HTH

The BX ball studs have the 2mm hex drive in them!! so why is using a purple one, looks like another HPI part
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #6310
Tech Elite

Default good question ,not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
The BX ball studs have the 2mm hex drive in them!! so why is using a purple one, looks like another HPI part
How long are the BX ball studs compared the std BD ??? (i don`t know)

if they are a little longer then they are no good r/centre changes , but if the HPI ones are the same length thye it`a straigth swap over with out r/centre change

down below is a rubber/carpet setup (russel williams use`s ,very fast UK driver in 27t/19t proberly mod aswell)
Dan Hughe`s posted this up on Team Japan (Wahooooo!! site)

This is the std BD car ,no fancy chassis or anything
PS;;russ won the DMS 2 Dayer & CAME SECOND @ c/wars 2 dayer all with in a week or two of each other using the preglued v-tech 24r as controlled tyre
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dms2dayer27.jpg  

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 11-19-2006 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Nathan wasen`t happy with info
Old 11-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #6311
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroad dude
hey guys im looking to get a new BD i run a LCG on carpet now! and its a rocket and hooks up well as i was reading a page back one guy said it was not good! i beg to differ i have a really stiff 3mm chassie and top deck on mine! if any of you would like i know a guy who makes them and it defanetly handles in the corners alot better! it transitions way smoother! and id stiffer then a T2 with bmi chassie! if you would like one feel free to pm he chargers $110 per chassie but if is high quality stuff.

But back to the main reason im on here! is im lloking to get another BD to run on carpet and was wondering if you think its worth it to go with the Masami ED or not? thanks for the input!
Onroad Dude. You're right, I should clarify that my LCG carpet / foam tire experiment was with the stock chassis. It was just dumba$$ of me to think that I could make it work with that much flex.

On the other hand, my BD took the TQ and win last night at our club with only the Yokomo hard chassis and bomber top plate. I can imagine how good this car will be with Local Racer's 3mm chassis.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #6312
Tech Elite

the bx hex drive ball stud and the std yok ball stud are the same height, i have a bx and the cups are a "loose" fit, i use rpm cups on the high impact stress points to keep them from popping off. those purple ones are probably hpi and have a snug fit.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #6313
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:

if they are a little longer then they are no good r/centre changes , but if the HPI ones are the same length thye it`a straigth swap over with out r/centre change

down below is a rubber/carpet setup (russel williams use`s ,very fast UK driver in 27t/19t proberly mod aswell)

PS;;russ won the DMS 2 Dayer & c/wars 2 dayer all with in a week or two of each other using the preglued v-tech 24r as controlled tyre

Could you email that setup to me? I cant read it. Thanks
Old 11-19-2006, 11:24 AM   #6314
Tech Addict

Quote:

PS;;russ won the DMS 2 Dayer & c/wars 2 dayer all with in a week or two of each other using the preglued v-tech 24r as controlled tyre

Nope Check your facts Colin
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:04 PM   #6315
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
Nope Check your facts Colin
re adjusted Mr PERFECT