R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2006, 03:57 AM   #6196
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Has anybody got a picture of a novak brushless system in their BD? A nice neat job that i can copy
Old 10-31-2006, 04:34 AM   #6197
Tech Master

whats the largest spur gear that fits on the BD without hitting the brace? and whats the largest you can run without the spur being lower than the chassis?

On the yokomo gear chart it says the highest i can acheive is 10.18. is this without the brace or what.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:39 AM   #6198
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer

nah, with the .5 upright and the inner 2 blok it has 2,5 per wheel ... 3 are always measured for one wheel, so if you want to have 3 per wheel you have to use 1 uprights
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:05 AM   #6199
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racingbod85
How about adding 2' and 0.5'. I think you'll find it makes 2.5' each side not 3'. very simple maths I know this cos grainger edition runs 2.5' block with .5' hubs = 3'
yep thats what i would have thought too, but when i checked it with my hudy setup station it read 3. on both sides, maybe i have a bad guage??
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:10 AM   #6200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheyhoe
Has anybody got a picture of a novak brushless system in their BD? A nice neat job that i can copy
this one is from the cml site.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo MR4TC-BD-olly.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-olly_04.jpg  
Old 10-31-2006, 08:17 AM   #6201
Tech Master

Cheers,

It sure is going to be a tight sqeeze especially with a personal transponder on top of the servo :P
Old 10-31-2006, 09:18 AM   #6202
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
yep thats what i would have thought too, but when i checked it with my hudy setup station it read 3. on both sides, maybe i have a bad guage??
Maybe in reality it is 3' at the wheels as it's two at the hinge pin but then the blocks alter the angle at a different point. So if the hinge pin was 0 with the blocks it would be half at the wheels but this then changes slowly as you add degrees at the pin - no idea if that makes any sense or whether I'm talking utter balls!
Carpetwars/Sidcup RCC/Maritime Racing/7oaksmcc
Racingbod85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:56 PM   #6203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroad dude
hey guys! i have a LCG that i race but i keep haveing the small problem of snapping the diff bolt! i was wondering if any one knows where i can get a harder bolt one that might not snap so easy! thanks
The new diff bolts have less thread and dont snap as easy. On my cgm I could never run mod without snapping the front diff bolt. Also, I dont know alot about the the mbx 4, but Billy Easton gave me a diff bolt that was for the mbx 4 and it worked good. I should say that I havent snapped it yet.LOL Let me clear up when I say have less thread. On the old bolts the threads went almost all the way to the bolt head, now they only come a li bit above half way. THe reason I say try the other bolt off the mbx is b/c some hobby shops might have old stock and you would more than likely end up with an older style bolt. Sorry for rambling and hope this helps.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:09 AM   #6204
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racingbod85
Maybe in reality it is 3' at the wheels as it's two at the hinge pin but then the blocks alter the angle at a different point. So if the hinge pin was 0 with the blocks it would be half at the wheels but this then changes slowly as you add degrees at the pin - no idea if that makes any sense or whether I'm talking utter balls!
lol, actually i think i know what you are saying. i think i will put the split mounts on back on the front/ rear hinge pin and put the solid front/rear mount on the rear/rear and that should give me a true 0' and then see what i get with the .5 and 1.0 hubs.

one more question that i should already know the answer to. rear anti squat

with spacers under all the hinge pins mounts in the rear is raising roll center or lower the chassis, removing the shims from the rear in anti squat, and does what to the car, removing just the front shims is what, and does what to the car?? thanks in advance. ( i gotta get me one of those set up books i'm getting to old to remember all this stuff)
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #6205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Having a rear anti-squat (shims on rear/front suspension mounts "0.5mm") will give you a forward bite. The car is easy to drive on high speed corners very stable.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #6206
BJ
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Having a rear anti-squat (shims on rear/front suspension mounts "0.5mm") will give you a forward bite. The car is easy to drive on high speed corners very stable.

I found that running anti-squat felt like it took acceleration/traction away from the car......so far I don't like the handling of the car with any kickup or anti-squat and just use shims all round to make a change.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #6207
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I found this setup is the best I did on my car. with stiffer springs the car is a bullet. But hey it might work for me but not for you eveybody have different style of driving a car.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #6208
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Has anyone had trouble with their car bumping something and having to adjust the steering trim.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #6209
BJ
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight
Has anyone had trouble with their car bumping something and having to adjust the steering trim.
Yeap, you have either tweaked the car or bent the top shock mounting screw. Check-it out.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #6210
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight
It maybe the Servo Saver.
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote