R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #5851
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,266
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

another way to gain steering and possibly a bit easier to do is use losi c-hubs. the stock yokomo steering knuckle is a nice fit in the losi chub. there are three "to-do's" first the losi chub bushings need to be drilled or reemed to 3mm and the second is a new steering rack with the holes 4mm forward. although you can use the stock forward most hole. the last is you will want to use the losi pin which requires you reem or drill the suspension arm to proper size. then you can use the losi 0,2,4,6 degree chubs depending on the track. the losi c-hub is much more narrow and this is how the lock to lock increases.
just a thought for an option over using the hpi parts up front. another tuning option doing this is you can shim the c-hub forward or backwards within the suspension arm
__________________
- SchuurSpeed - 6X ROAR National Stock Champion
- Hobbywing North America Team Manager
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #5852
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron
another way to gain steering and possibly a bit easier to do is use losi c-hubs. the stock yokomo steering knuckle is a nice fit in the losi chub. there are three "to-do's" first the losi chub bushings need to be drilled or reemed to 3mm and the second is a new steering rack with the holes 4mm forward. although you can use the stock forward most hole. the last is you will want to use the losi pin which requires you reem or drill the suspension arm to proper size. then you can use the losi 0,2,4,6 degree chubs depending on the track. the losi c-hub is much more narrow and this is how the lock to lock increases.
just a thought for an option over using the hpi parts up front. another tuning option doing this is you can shim the c-hub forward or backwards within the suspension arm
Can quite see how that works as when running the new steering rack you need to run the front holes on the steering hub so that you dont have massive amounts of steering.
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:46 AM   #5853
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,266
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
Regarding the new steering plate i may be selling these in the near future after i have felt that it has the right flex.
not sure you'll get much interest i have mine made on a CNC machine and offered them with very very few inquiries... but this was several months ago too.

hope you have better luck
__________________
- SchuurSpeed - 6X ROAR National Stock Champion
- Hobbywing North America Team Manager
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #5854
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 363
Default

What did you make them out of? mine are made from 2mm CF, i now have 2 people trying them and the inital results are good. This is only with people running a HPI front end. im sure there will be more poeple wanting it as time comes.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo MR4TC-BD-bd-plate-v2-3d.jpg  
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:00 AM   #5855
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,266
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
What did you make them out of? mine are made from 2mm CF, i now have 2 people trying them and the inital results are good. This is only with people running a HPI front end. im sure there will be more poeple wanting it as time comes.
hey dan, i'll have to take another picture and post it. but have them in several different thickness of graphite. but 2mm is good i've been using this change along with the lowered front shock tower since last november with good success on carpet and asphalt
__________________
- SchuurSpeed - 6X ROAR National Stock Champion
- Hobbywing North America Team Manager
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #5856
Tech Regular
 
Ali Graham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 420
Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham
Default

The plate cartainly works well, I took the win at the 27T BRCA Junior Champs today, adding to the Top Jnr title I won in the national series the car is going well!!!
@ adyb, I have no idea lol, Dan should know , he is probably less sleepy than I am now after a hard weekends racing
I will uplaod some pics soon of me receiving my trophy from the current WC

On another note, Andy Moores Orion brushless system was silly fast in the driver demonstartion that was given
__________________
Mirage Racing | Team Xray | Nosram | Atsushi Hara Racing Products | Team Orion | Hudy | Apex Models | Much More Racing | Exit13 | NinjaGraffix | ali303.8.dtiblog.com
Ali Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #5857
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,570
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to teammidget lilB
Default

can someone post a pic of the driveshaft
__________________
Bryan "Lil B" Ford

U.S. Army @ Camp Humphreys, South Korea
teammidget lilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #5858
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hi, can someone please tell me what the difference is between upper and lower anti roll bar in the setup sheets??

Also, is there any way to tell which are the sdw suspension arms??

Thx
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #5859
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
The plate cartainly works well, I took the win at the 27T BRCA Junior Champs today, adding to the Top Jnr title I won in the national series the car is going well!!!
@ adyb, I have no idea lol, Dan should know , he is probably less sleepy than I am now after a hard weekends racing
I will uplaod some pics soon of me receiving my trophy from the current WC

On another note, Andy Moores Orion brushless system was silly fast in the driver demonstartion that was given

Well Done Ali G for taking the Junior Title, the curse of BQ was well out of sight then!!

Just need to know what is the max steering lock that is achieved with new blocks using the hudy gauges.
adyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:21 PM   #5860
Tech Adept
 
tcfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: uk
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante
Hi, can someone please tell me what the difference is between upper and lower anti roll bar in the setup sheets??

Also, is there any way to tell which are the sdw suspension arms??

Thx
hi the upper and lower settings on the roll bars are the little studs on the wisbones/arms.

The sdw arm is shorter than the std bd arm' but the sdw wont go directley on the bd it need filing/cutting for it 2 fit but works nicley on the right track's

ste.
tcfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #5861
Tech Adept
 
tcfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: uk
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adyb
Well Done Ali G for taking the Junior Title, the curse of BQ was well out of sight then!!

Just need to know what is the max steering lock that is achieved with new blocks using the hudy gauges.
Yes i wud like to 2nd that. lets hope u can keep it up for the kogp this weekend? On that note are any yokomo drivers from usa making the trip over?

ste.
tcfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:11 AM   #5862
Tech Master
 
fpart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,967
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
What did you make them out of? mine are made from 2mm CF, i now have 2 people trying them and the inital results are good. This is only with people running a HPI front end. im sure there will be more poeple wanting it as time comes.

Dan, Are you selling them?
__________________
teamTrinity.com Sweepracingusa.com
スクービーは私のヒーローです!
Why is Scooby so slow, you might ask?
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #5863
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: England That place that rains alot
Posts: 16
Default

I also tried one of Dans new plates this weekend at the juniors and found it alot better than standard one with the hpi parts on, loads more steering!

Car was well hooked up all weekend and took ftd but didnt have good finals and finished 6th overall
Well done to ali (New Chalkers Champ) good drives in both finals

Cheers
Scott
Scott Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #5864
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart
Dan, Are you selling them?
I havnt made the decision yet. Im working on some other parts that i will test asap but its finding the time to design the parts and finding someone who has a CNC machine.
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:59 AM   #5865
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

hi there. new to the thread. just got a 2nd hand unit off a friend.
anyway, was looking for set-up sheets, was wondering if anyone could point me to some (asphalt racing) that are in english? so far all i've seen is the Masamai set-up sheet but its for carpet. the ones at the yok jap site are in japanese and i can't understand anything.

thanks!


btw, are the belts from the MSX, Cyclone and BD interchangable? cars look like they have very similar layouts...

another question... will the yokomo LCG front dogbones fot the BD?
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR4TC CGM wyl03 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 06-26-2007 04:39 PM
yokomo mr4tc pro racer57 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-07-2006 02:34 AM
Looking for Yokomo MR4TC BD1 yyhayyim R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-24-2006 07:07 PM
yokomo mr4tc i730 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-20-2005 02:51 PM
WTB: Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG! DOMOisCOOL R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-06-2004 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net