Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Old 08-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

another way to gain steering and possibly a bit easier to do is use losi c-hubs. the stock yokomo steering knuckle is a nice fit in the losi chub. there are three "to-do's" first the losi chub bushings need to be drilled or reemed to 3mm and the second is a new steering rack with the holes 4mm forward. although you can use the stock forward most hole. the last is you will want to use the losi pin which requires you reem or drill the suspension arm to proper size. then you can use the losi 0,2,4,6 degree chubs depending on the track. the losi c-hub is much more narrow and this is how the lock to lock increases.
just a thought for an option over using the hpi parts up front. another tuning option doing this is you can shim the c-hub forward or backwards within the suspension arm
Old 08-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rocketron
another way to gain steering and possibly a bit easier to do is use losi c-hubs. the stock yokomo steering knuckle is a nice fit in the losi chub. there are three "to-do's" first the losi chub bushings need to be drilled or reemed to 3mm and the second is a new steering rack with the holes 4mm forward. although you can use the stock forward most hole. the last is you will want to use the losi pin which requires you reem or drill the suspension arm to proper size. then you can use the losi 0,2,4,6 degree chubs depending on the track. the losi c-hub is much more narrow and this is how the lock to lock increases.
just a thought for an option over using the hpi parts up front. another tuning option doing this is you can shim the c-hub forward or backwards within the suspension arm
Can quite see how that works as when running the new steering rack you need to run the front holes on the steering hub so that you dont have massive amounts of steering.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
Regarding the new steering plate i may be selling these in the near future after i have felt that it has the right flex.
not sure you'll get much interest i have mine made on a CNC machine and offered them with very very few inquiries... but this was several months ago too.

hope you have better luck
Old 08-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

What did you make them out of? mine are made from 2mm CF, i now have 2 people trying them and the inital results are good. This is only with people running a HPI front end. im sure there will be more poeple wanting it as time comes.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-bd-plate-v2-3d.jpg  
Old 08-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

What did you make them out of? mine are made from 2mm CF, i now have 2 people trying them and the inital results are good. This is only with people running a HPI front end. im sure there will be more poeple wanting it as time comes.
hey dan, i'll have to take another picture and post it. but have them in several different thickness of graphite. but 2mm is good i've been using this change along with the lowered front shock tower since last november with good success on carpet and asphalt
Old 08-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

The plate cartainly works well, I took the win at the 27T BRCA Junior Champs today, adding to the Top Jnr title I won in the national series the car is going well!!!
@ adyb, I have no idea lol, Dan should know , he is probably less sleepy than I am now after a hard weekends racing
I will uplaod some pics soon of me receiving my trophy from the current WC

On another note, Andy Moores Orion brushless system was silly fast in the driver demonstartion that was given
Old 08-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

can someone post a pic of the driveshaft
Old 08-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi, can someone please tell me what the difference is between upper and lower anti roll bar in the setup sheets??

Also, is there any way to tell which are the sdw suspension arms??

Thx
Old 08-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ali Graham
The plate cartainly works well, I took the win at the 27T BRCA Junior Champs today, adding to the Top Jnr title I won in the national series the car is going well!!!
@ adyb, I have no idea lol, Dan should know , he is probably less sleepy than I am now after a hard weekends racing
I will uplaod some pics soon of me receiving my trophy from the current WC

On another note, Andy Moores Orion brushless system was silly fast in the driver demonstartion that was given

Well Done Ali G for taking the Junior Title, the curse of BQ was well out of sight then!!

Just need to know what is the max steering lock that is achieved with new blocks using the hudy gauges.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Quante
Hi, can someone please tell me what the difference is between upper and lower anti roll bar in the setup sheets??

Also, is there any way to tell which are the sdw suspension arms??

Thx
hi the upper and lower settings on the roll bars are the little studs on the wisbones/arms.

The sdw arm is shorter than the std bd arm' but the sdw wont go directley on the bd it need filing/cutting for it 2 fit but works nicley on the right track's

ste.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by adyb
Well Done Ali G for taking the Junior Title, the curse of BQ was well out of sight then!!

Just need to know what is the max steering lock that is achieved with new blocks using the hudy gauges.
Yes i wud like to 2nd that. lets hope u can keep it up for the kogp this weekend? On that note are any yokomo drivers from usa making the trip over?

ste.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Dan, Are you selling them?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I also tried one of Dans new plates this weekend at the juniors and found it alot better than standard one with the hpi parts on, loads more steering!

Car was well hooked up all weekend and took ftd but didnt have good finals and finished 6th overall
Well done to ali (New Chalkers Champ) good drives in both finals

Cheers
Scott
Old 08-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fpart
Dan, Are you selling them?
I havnt made the decision yet. Im working on some other parts that i will test asap but its finding the time to design the parts and finding someone who has a CNC machine.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

hi there. new to the thread. just got a 2nd hand unit off a friend.
anyway, was looking for set-up sheets, was wondering if anyone could point me to some (asphalt racing) that are in english? so far all i've seen is the Masamai set-up sheet but its for carpet. the ones at the yok jap site are in japanese and i can't understand anything.

thanks!

btw, are the belts from the MSX, Cyclone and BD interchangable? cars look like they have very similar layouts...

another question... will the yokomo LCG front dogbones fot the BD?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.