R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-20-2006, 04:36 AM   #5731
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

I checked with a friend the other night and we concluded that the Tir driveshafts for Yokomo and HB are identical, someone else might know more but this is what we concluded from various measurements. He also tells me that the HB team ran MIP driveshafts at the Worlds (after a discussion with the current WC) yet whether they were Yokomo versions or not he wouldn't say. My HPI parts are on the way so I will let you know in the next few days if they fit.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:23 AM   #5732
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Although I dont run the BD now.....I had been running the HPI c-hubs on mine for quite awhile. As said before drill out the arm to 2.5mm for the hinge pin and you will have to shave a little material off the arm to get full movement of the c-hub. I used the original Yokomo dog bones with axles from the R3 Barracuda(rear). If you use the Pro 4 axle you will need to use either the original dogbone(HB) and make the slot for the drive pins bigger on the spool or diff or use dog bones from the 415(42mm) with no mod to the spool/diff/oneway. Never tried it with the oneway but I am sure I used the drive cups from the Pro 4 in the Yok oneway.

This is by memory so check dogbone lengths before you buy any.
SchuMi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #5733
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
I checked with a friend the other night and we concluded that the Tir driveshafts for Yokomo and HB are identical, someone else might know more but this is what we concluded from various measurements. He also tells me that the HB team ran MIP driveshafts at the Worlds (after a discussion with the current WC) yet whether they were Yokomo versions or not he wouldn't say. My HPI parts are on the way so I will let you know in the next few days if they fit.
Yokomo drivesfafts use 2mm pin(same as tamiya) on diff/oneway outdrive, while HPI/HB use 2.4mm pin(same as Asso).
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:43 PM   #5734
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy

i have been noticing the most of the yokomo owner has , wnated, planning to use other parts. like hb (hpi) whats wrong with the yokomo parts?? if i can be convince by any replys i might a well try..and anybody use tamiya shocks?just curious.. and what does the 0.5 rear hub do?? what is the advantage of that..
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:51 PM   #5735
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinggoy
i have been noticing the most of the yokomo owner has , wnated, planning to use other parts. like hb (hpi) whats wrong with the yokomo parts??
Someone mentioned before that the new parts on Masami's car were not HPI, but actually Yokomo prototype parts.

Nothing wrong with Yokomo parts, in my opinion (except the Yokomo/Xenon spur, but thats a different story )
Old 07-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #5736
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy

ok..just a little bit worried, cause yokomo is a pretty nice car and this car dont need after market parts that much.....
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #5737
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, I am getting rid of some foam tires for carpet. The fronts are narrowed to clear front arms and meet ROAR spec's. I am looking to get $50 plus shipping.
Foam Tires
1) Parma Cyan and Magenta 58mm width F=27.5mm R=28mm
2) Parma Cyan and Magenta 58mm Width F=27.5mm R=28mm
3) Parma Cyan and Magenta 58mm Width F=27.4mm R=28mm
4) Parma Cyan and Magenta 58mm Width F=27.4mm R=28mm
5) Parma Cyan and Magenta 57.5mm Width F=27.5mm R-28mm
6) Parma Purple and Plaid 57.3mm Width F=27.5mm R=28mm
Small nick in RR
7) Parma Purple and Plaid 56.5mm Width F=27.5mm R=28mm
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:29 AM   #5738
Tech Adept

I know this has been posted before, but I had a look and couldn't find the answer. So what are the part numbers of all the hard wear I need to build a front diff for the car? Thanks.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:38 AM   #5739
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy
I know this has been posted before, but I had a look and couldn't find the answer. So what are the part numbers of all the hard wear I need to build a front diff for the car? Thanks.
Same as the ones for the rear diff Its identical
Old 07-23-2006, 06:41 PM   #5740
Tech Elite

Default BX Ball Cups & Ball Studs

I've just gone through the BX exploded diagram to find the BX parts needed to change all the ballstuds & ballcups on my BD's & LCG, and come up with these part numbers:

Long ball studs: ZC-206HL
Med ball studs: ZC-206HM
Ball Cups : ZC-207HD

Is that all that is needed? Will they work with my standard BD Ti turnbuckles or will I need to purchase shorted turnbuckes also? Are the long or medium ballstuds preffered? At a guess, the long would be needed for the ackerman plate, and the med will suffice for the rest of the car.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #5741
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

vortex:
if your going to conevert, dont forget # bx-414kb, ( kingpin) you will have to grind away about 2mm off of the sleve and at leat 1.5 mill off of the kingpin, other wase the threads will hit the drive axel, unless however you are planning on running the steering knuckle in the low position, then thre will be no need shorten the kinpin, ( i would still grind the sleve and us the kingpin coller ( part # sd-414c) what is really nice about using the off road kingpin is you have more threads in the steering knuckle, which in turn prevents the kingpin stripping out in the steering knuckle.
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #5742
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rtex
I've just gone through the BX exploded diagram to find the BX parts needed to change all the ballstuds & ballcups on my BD's & LCG, and come up with these part numbers:

Is that all that is needed? Will they work with my standard BD Ti turnbuckles or will I need to purchase shorted turnbuckes also? Are the long or medium ballstuds preffered? At a guess, the long would be needed for the ackerman plate, and the med will suffice for the rest of the car.
The set of ballcups only come with 2 short and the rest are long. You will have to cut the length of the ball cups in order for them to work.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #5743
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rtex

You will also need ZC-206SH short ball studs.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #5744
Tech Elite

Thanks for the tips Pops and JasonC.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:35 PM   #5745
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

yes Pop's is correct, you will need to trim the ball cups, there is a little circle on the under side of the ball cut ( aka ejector pin, from the mold) just cut the ball cup in the middle of the circle with a Brand new Exacto blade.

in addition, if you have not yet changed it, i would highly recomed picing up the light weight king pin set Part# sd-414ta.( once again more threads less change of stripping out )
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote