Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

pinggoy once again www.yokomousa.com is your friend, just look under the team susuki header in the shop tab on the left side of the page,

on a side not, while i was at yokomo usa today i was talking with Butch, he showed me a little trick that i figured why not post here on rctech, for the front C- hub ( or caster block) and steering knuckle, use the TI style king pin for the the bottom and use the king pin from the new mr-4bx ( part # bx-414KB ) for the top, you will need to make sure to use a 3mm tap on the steering knuckle, and you may need to grind off a few of the threads so it wont hit the cvd, and if you going to run the knuckle in the lower position you will need to use a 1mm or 2mm spacer between the kunckle and the top of the caster block; in additon as stated above, do not over tighten the top and bottom king- pin as it will cause the steeing to bind)

if needed i can try and post some pics,
Old 07-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

thanx jason.. a pics might be good.. im just got this car like a month ago and still not very familliar specialy with some tricks and mod for this car. and last time was the first time i disassemble it(i bought it used) and the first thing i notice was the chub..
Old 07-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

From http://rcingreece.com/gallery/

BX ballcups all round. What is that front bumper he's using?

New steering knuckles also in those pictures, as well as rear hubs.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

i will get the pics as soon as i can ( i do not have access to my personal pc and camera for a few days i will try and get it done at work )
Old 07-11-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Looking from other pics, Masami used a wide range of HPI gear, including c-hubs, steering knuckles and rear hubs. You can bet Yok will release equivelent ones very shortly We don't want HPI stealing all the $ do we!!!
On the subject of ackerman, Yok will be releasing the plate that is 4mm forward. This gives more steering lock, but to work properly you need a hole on the steering knuckle further forward, hence why Grainger drilled a hole in his and why the HPI ones have been aqquired, becoause they have to holes already.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SALE

[B]SD Worlds For Sale!![/B]

Used for only one saeson of Carpet racing, Stock. (3rd in season)
Fresh rebuild, Has NEW Worlds Drive shafts, Narrow front arms, Yok Ti Nitride shock shafts, Team Suzuki Input Cups. Ceramic bearings as per kit.
Also includes front one way, diff and spool, All difffs have graphite gears, have diff covers NIP. Original instructions, box etc...
(only broken part is Yokomo batery brace. (Still have it with kit though)
Never run after rebuild. raced by serious racer, Excelent condition.
Reluctant sale due to house purchase.

$300 AUS
Del fee neg depending on where you are. Pay pal ok. Ready to move now.
Pics to follow soon.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-rear.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-bottom-chassis.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-front.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-p1000064.jpg  

Last edited by Bluey_74; 07-11-2006 at 06:22 PM. Reason: add photos
Old 07-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so can anybody confirm if the rear outdrives on masami's car is a tamiya part or a one off.

Thomas pumpler is he a yokomo driver?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Hi to all
the rear outdrive used on masami's car was Tamiya's 415 outdrive modded on a lathe by an italian driver Eddie.......he made some diffs a month ago and during warmup give it to masami for testing.........i've the original drawing for the mod somewhere in my pc.......
Bye
Old 07-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is MASAMI runnning oneway or front spool?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
so can anybody confirm if the rear outdrives on masami's car is a tamiya part or a one off.

Thomas pumpler is he a yokomo driver?
Thomas now races for HotBodies and the diff question was answered already
Old 07-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Yokomo MR4TC BD Set up

Help! Just got a new MR4TC BD! What a beauty. Only problem is that some set it up for me, claiming its a great set up. Took for testing a local track, but the set up sucked. The car's got no turn on corners, and I tried a few things but it just didn't work. Can anyone get me a link or post a real set up sheet from Masami or Easton? We run brushless open mod on outdoor asphalt, on sunny south Florida pavement, with low to mid traction. Also, how tight should I set my rear diff? After a few runs I melted those cheap plastic ones!! Either it was too tight, or I need some delrin or aluminum ones.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Help! Just got a new MR4TC BD! What a beauty. Only problem is that some set it up for me, claiming its a great set up. Took for testing a local track, but the set up sucked. The car's got no turn on corners, and I tried a few things but it just didn't work. Can anyone get me a link or post a real set up sheet from Masami or Easton? We run brushless open mod on outdoor asphalt, on sunny south Florida pavement, with low to mid traction. Also, how tight should I set my rear diff? After a few runs I melted those cheap plastic ones!! Either it was too tight, or I need some delrin or aluminum ones.
If you melted the diff, it was too loose.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Set Up Sheets, anyone?

Thanks for the info POPS..will look into this. Now, please help me with the set up sheets. There has to be set up sheets for the BD on asphalt, hot weather, low-mid traction, rubber tires. Right? YokomoUSA only has carpet...where are the asphalt set ups?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

here are a few good starting points you ya http://cmldistribution.co.uk/team_se...ter=0000000001
Old 07-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
After a few runs I melted those cheap plastic ones!! Either it was too tight, or I need some delrin or aluminum ones.
There is nothing wrong with those plastic diff, even Masami use it. If you can melt them you can melt the delrin diff as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.