Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Reply

Old 03-29-2005, 07:53 AM
  #541  
Tech Master
 
pheyhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,337
Default

Originally posted by kmorast
if you pre-ordered the BD through speedtech check your e-mail. He sent out the e-mail asking for your order confirmation.
Checked mail.

Was sent at 1AM my time so i hope i am not too late replying
pheyhoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:53 AM
  #542  
TFR
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
TFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,767
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default



TFR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:09 PM
  #543  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

So did the pre-order price come in under $400??
Evoracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
  #544  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

It looks like the kits will be shipping out either thursday or friday from Yokomo USA. They're working on corrections to the instructions and exploded views right now. Another thing to point out is the suspension blocks are a bit different than the regular aluminum blocks but are now both the same part #. All new suspension blocks will be "lowered" and included a spacer to set them to the old blocks height. This was done because some people wanted a lowered suspension block height.
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:41 PM
  #545  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Matt Howard
It looks like the kits will be shipping out either thursday or friday from Yokomo USA. They're working on corrections to the instructions and exploded views right now. Another thing to point out is the suspension blocks are a bit different than the regular aluminum blocks but are now both the same part #. All new suspension blocks will be "lowered" and included a spacer to set them to the old blocks height. This was done because some people wanted a lowered suspension block height.
matt... just to clarify.. we can still use the SD susp. blocks? now there's just the option of having it lowered (using the BD blocks) or "normal" and using the standard SD blocks.
Hebiki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:11 PM
  #546  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I tell you if US Customs would get off there behinds and get the BD shipment to YOKOMO USA we could have them sooner. From the sounds of it Steve won't even get them till late Wendsday early Thursday so I might have to Give birth to a COW now J/K. But hey they will at least make their release date if they ship by thursday...LOL
I won't hold my breath for a Thursday in my hand just yet.
WE will have to wait and see.
Sounds good about the Suspention block to help lower CG just that tiny bit more....I can hardly wait.
Stephen <><
Mr. Shookie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:37 PM
  #547  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Hebiki
matt... just to clarify.. we can still use the SD susp. blocks? now there's just the option of having it lowered (using the BD blocks) or "normal" and using the standard SD blocks.
I was told yes, they're the "same" but "different" in that the new blocks are just lowered and include a spacer. The part # is going to stay the same.
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:39 PM
  #548  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
I tell you if US Customs would get off there behinds and get the BD shipment to YOKOMO USA we could have them sooner. From the sounds of it Steve won't even get them till late Wendsday early Thursday so I might have to Give birth to a COW now J/K. But hey they will at least make their release date if they ship by thursday...LOL
I won't hold my breath for a Thursday in my hand just yet.
WE will have to wait and see.
Sounds good about the Suspention block to help lower CG just that tiny bit more....I can hardly wait.
Stephen <><
I don't believe it's a customs problem, more of an incorrect instruction manual and other "paperwork" type problems. It looks like they will ship out from Yokomo USA either thursday or friday. Speedtech might be able to get them by the end of the week since they're right there but it looks like most hobbyshops will get them next week at the earliest.
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:27 PM
  #549  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 349
Default

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/area51ae


Use this link to find a couple of new pictures of the BD.
kmorast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:52 PM
  #550  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,816
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Post

Originally posted by kmorast
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/area51ae


Use this link to find a couple of new pictures of the BD.
THIS IS WHY I'M SAVING UP MONEY FOR THE 2ND BATCH. YOKOMO IS TIIIIIIIGHT - JB
JayBee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:40 PM
  #551  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JayBee
THIS IS WHY I'M SAVING UP MONEY FOR THE 2ND BATCH. YOKOMO IS TIIIIIIIGHT - JB
See if you wouldn't have bought the SDW you would have had plenty of extra Coin to get the first run...LOL Just teasing...
Will have say some extra prayers tonight.


I DON'T NEED AN ENGLISH MANUAL>>>>I CAN'T READ ANYHOW>>>LOL
Stephen <><
Mr. Shookie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:02 PM
  #552  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: auburn washington
Posts: 2,053
Default

well, just got home from work and guess what the ups brought me, a special gift from robert. (i don't need a manual either)
Turtlemaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:02 PM
  #553  
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

Originally posted by kmorast
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/area51ae


Use this link to find a couple of new pictures of the BD.
looks good
FW-05RR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:36 PM
  #554  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Guys,

If all goes well, I should be down at Yokomo USA in the morning Those of you that wants to pick up the car at the shop, check with me around 2PM (I should be back by then)

We will try and ship as many out as we can on Wednesday and the remaining on Thursday

Steve Wang
SpeedTech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:35 AM
  #555  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Hi all. It appears I may have missed some good info here. Noticed a comment in the SD thread that diff access on the BD is from the top of the bulheads. Is this true?? And is the access really as simple as removing 4 screws on each bulkhead "cap" and lifting them out ?? Does the spur gear assembly come out the same way?? Thanks.
Evoracer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service