R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-27-2006, 10:03 PM   #5521
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What's the benefit of using the Masami edition shock tower? I got some new Shoters shock tower but haven't use them yet. Input would be great.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #5522
Tech Regular

gday fellas.

i own a 415ms atm. which has a fair bit of slop and looking for a new car.

anyone here can compare the 415 to the yokomo bd? i like the 415 (except that it develops slop quite quickly) but wanna try something different. does the BD drive similar to the 415?

any input appreciated
BringItOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:44 AM   #5523
Tech Regular

Hi,

@BringItOn: I know guys who switched from Yokomo to Tamiya and I know some that switched the other way. It all depends on part support and driving style. I like the BD more because it is very easy to maintain and you can get good support everywhere.

I've a question for you: Which CVD's are better for Modified with a spool? The TiR or the new hardened steel ones? The original ones hold up pretty well but I new ones and perhaps some of you have good experiences with one type of CVD's.

Cheers
Chris
powered by Nosram/Reedy
speedy-932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 AM   #5524
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringItOn
gday fellas.

i own a 415ms atm. which has a fair bit of slop and looking for a new car.

anyone here can compare the 415 to the yokomo bd? i like the 415 (except that it develops slop quite quickly) but wanna try something different. does the BD drive similar to the 415?

any input appreciated
The Touring Worlds is just a week away, wait and see what new stuffs yokomo, tamiya, HB etc have, even not a completely new car, they may have some updates, BD"W", 415MSX"II", Cyclone"X"....
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:11 AM   #5525
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy-932
Hi,

@BringItOn: I know guys who switched from Yokomo to Tamiya and I know some that switched the other way. It all depends on part support and driving style. I like the BD more because it is very easy to maintain and you can get good support everywhere.

I've a question for you: Which CVD's are better for Modified with a spool? The TiR or the new hardened steel ones? The original ones hold up pretty well but I new ones and perhaps some of you have good experiences with one type of CVD's.

Cheers
Chris
iv got the TiR CVD's and they have been fine when running my 7 turn, iv heard quite a few people say the hardened steel ones wear quite quickly. So for me, its the TiR units.

Donny Racing - http://donnyracing.yolasite.com/forum.php

Poweeeeerrrrr!
housey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #5526
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to aoizip

BD"W".. won't this be like upside down of BD"M" ....

speedy-932:
The hardened universal is not hold up well? mine still holds up pretty good in my LCG... wait .. I only run stock.. opps!

What type of spool are you people running? the TiR unit / yok's plastic / speedtech's steel ?
I'm running the steel one from speedtech but I want to try the TiR, any input for them? since the TiR unit is much lighter then the steel. or any other? Durability and maintenance.
I broke my yok's plastic spool already from flying over the side curve while full power on at landing. So no more plastic at the moment.

Thanks

~Ming
aoizip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:35 AM   #5527
Tech Regular

Hi,

thanks. I don't know how the hardened universals hold up. But I think I'll try it.
I heard too many people complaining about broken TiR CVD's in the past. So I'll stick with Yokomo.

I'm switching between my own aluminium spool and the Yokomo plastic spool. Both work great. I used the Yokomo spool for 2 races now and it is still fine. One race was in Modified and the other one with 17T.

Cheers
Chris
powered by Nosram/Reedy
speedy-932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:40 AM   #5528
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Zacharopoulos

I am using TIR spool and is just perfect!!
I run it for 6 months and no probs yet!!
NEVER changed outdrives or something!!!

i had also tried the lightweight aluminum CVD fo sd world version!!!
They are really light , they are doing really good job !!! I had had some crashes but never have any prob with them !!! They are complete unbend!!!
The only prob i had is that after 50-60 batteries they showed some wear at the holes where the pin keeps together tha two different pieces!! So i think i will use from now on the standard axles with the aluminum bones!!

www.zworks.tk

^^^Check it ^^^
Zacharopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:06 AM   #5529
Tech Addict

I use shoe glue to cover the pin hole. so the cvd pin won't accidentally back off. i had pins back off and they made a nice deep groove on my alum. knockle.

i'm going to try the heat shrink wrap to cover the pin.

~Ming
Old 06-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #5530
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart
Talking

Hey Ming

What drives are you using. Are you from Princeton? Why don't I know you already?...lol I guess you run at Jackson often. I work in East Brunswick but live in South Jersey.
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #5531
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Zacharopoulos

Maybe i didn't give you to understand it!!!
The prob is that the pin made the hole much more larger because of the 50-60 runs!! All the cvd , even the axle is made of aluminum and is blue so the aluminum holecan't stand the pin!!!

www.zworks.tk

^^^Check it ^^^
Zacharopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:37 AM   #5532
Tech Addict

No matter how worn your axel is. sometimes the CVD pin well back itself off from all the vibration and stress coming from the spool. i shoe glue the outside axel just to prevent the pin to fall out. just a tiny dab is enough to hold them. I don't want my pin to break or back off and start gooving themself on the knockle and self destruct. Plus the shoe glue is easy to remove for service later on. I do put blue locktie on grub screw.

fpart: my LCG took my only set of hardened universal(one coming from speedtech). so right nowi just use the steel bone with tobee's alum axel and shoe glue the pin area for the BD's front. Rear i run the light weight alum bones and alum axel from tobee as i never break or bend them in the rear.

Bro.. where do you run most of time? try come run with us at jackson in one of sat night... the race is fast and intense. oh yeah.. i live in princeton near 95.. working at hazlet long drive

~Ming
Old 06-29-2006, 04:55 AM   #5533
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoizip

fpart: my LCG took my only set of hardened universal(one coming from speedtech). so right nowi just use the steel bone with tobee's alum axel and shoe glue the pin area for the BD's front. Rear i run the light weight alum bones and alum axel from tobee as i never break or bend them in the rear.

Bro.. where do you run most of time? try come run with us at jackson in one of sat night... the race is fast and intense. oh yeah.. i live in princeton near 95.. working at hazlet long drive

~Ming
Saturdays are tough for me. I would love to come to jackson but won't probably get there until the resched of the Express race. I usually go to SJCCR in Williamstown on Sundays(every other, almost). They have a light showing but good comp. Believe it or not I have HPI Pro 4 bones on old MR4axles on the front of my BD with the spool. Works good and strong!! Im just a little afraid of what might happen when the wheel axles wear out. Im not sure where I can get them any more...maybe MIP direct.
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #5534
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Pops- on your nats setup sheet- It lists rear droop at 4mm and front at 6mm what method did you use to measure this (guage, over rideheight, ect)? Putting the setup on the car to try it out and wanted to get that part right.

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #5535
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Also got the SD-300RF part to do the toe out....belt goes over the top of this? Grind 1mm off the bottom of the part correct? Do not want to mess up a new item...lol

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote