R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #5446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rtex
Even with the locked centre pulley the hole that locates the rear pulley ovals out and puts excessive slop into the rear belt (pulley rocks back and forward a few MM when you hold the spur). That IS after over 6 months of 19t racing with the car, so its possibly acceptable wear and tear. Something to keep in mind, however.
Finding slop even when first installing new center shaft. A small trick to eliminate the slop is to use epoxy glue around the pin and pulley. This will take the slop out for quite some time. Don't strip a spur gear, cause it becomes a pain to remove the pulley.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #5447
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
hey guys, putting together a masami chassis, is it me or are the front universals a little short. lots of play in both the front and rear axles. my SDW came with spacers. did i lose them this time for are they not in the package. no biggie really as i have regular axle shims to use. thanks.
Not sure but they may have made them shorter to fit the Worlds Arms?
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #5448
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

Chris Grainger took FTD and 2nd place at the Halifax mod nat yesterday. In the dry the car was untouchable, in the wet, some poor luck lost Chris the win.
There were prototype parts galore, and these weren't hand-made jobs, these were the proper things, after a weeks testing at the Worlds track in Italy. Basically, all the old parts/mods are now being incorporated into real parts. I was not going to be rude and take pictures as Chris was openly showing me the parts and explaining, but new parts include c-hubs, rear hubs, steering blocks, rear bulkhead (more of a mod than a production part, at the moment....)
These are not just pricy hop-ups, all had good reasons for being there meaning less work with the dremel/drill is needed! A neat idea was the introduction of grub screws under the c-hub to help hold the hingepin. Hingepins were also new. We will be seeing all of this at the Worlds, but for now, no pics I'm afraid, I've revealed enough!
Chris's car looked awesome, and these parts should hopefully see Yokomo challenge for the top honours!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:21 AM   #5449

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where in the US can I order this part. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf
Here it is ;

RP 002B - Blue Alu steering plate for Yokomo BD

I know that it also exists in Black.
ZeroCooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:20 AM   #5450
Tech Regular

Hi,

@Ali: It's nice that Yokomo continues developing parts. Do you can tell us something about the parts more specificly?
Was anything mentioned whether we'll get a new car or will the parts be HopUp parts like it was with the Tamiya TRF415 MS -> MSX?

Cheers
Chris
powered by Nosram/Reedy
speedy-932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #5451
Tech Adept

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
Chris Grainger took FTD and 2nd place at the Halifax mod nat yesterday. In the dry the car was untouchable, in the wet, some poor luck lost Chris the win.
There were prototype parts galore, and these weren't hand-made jobs, these were the proper things, after a weeks testing at the Worlds track in Italy. Basically, all the old parts/mods are now being incorporated into real parts. I was not going to be rude and take pictures as Chris was openly showing me the parts and explaining, but new parts include c-hubs, rear hubs, steering blocks, rear bulkhead (more of a mod than a production part, at the moment....)
These are not just pricy hop-ups, all had good reasons for being there meaning less work with the dremel/drill is needed! A neat idea was the introduction of grub screws under the c-hub to help hold the hingepin. Hingepins were also new. We will be seeing all of this at the Worlds, but for now, no pics I'm afraid, I've revealed enough!
Chris's car looked awesome, and these parts should hopefully see Yokomo challenge for the top honours!
Yes chris was rappid on sat practise about quater/half a sec quicker per lap than andy moore on my stopwatch' it was dialed in a treet
tcfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #5452
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Ali, are the c hubs, rear hubs, and steering hubs pulled from a different
car or are they true prototypes from yokomo?

I wonder if he and Billy Easton are using the similar parts since Easton was
the talk of the roar nats?
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #5453
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

They are not from other cars (although similar) they are true prototypes developed by yokomo.
Chris was unsure about whether a new kit would be released, but others agreed that the most likely outcome would be an upgrade kit.
The parts are mainly production versions of the modified/1-off parts used recently. I am not going to go into details as I do not want to leak secrets as I'm sure the drivers involved will not be happy with me after giving me some inside info. You will all see in a few weeks time anyway!!!

BTW there apparently around 60 drivers practicing at the Collegno worlds track, competition will be tough!!!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #5454
Tech Regular

hi is there any difference between the masami special rear front suspension block over the standed two piece block???

thanks mark
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #5455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods
hi is there any difference between the masami special rear front suspension block over the standed two piece block???

thanks mark
yes, it lines up the pivot points exactly where they should be, it is possible with the 2 piece block that there could be some un-evenness when they're located on the chassis.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #5456
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
Not sure but they may have made them shorter to fit the Worlds Arms?

well it was just me, having a senior moment, it masami uses the same spacers that the SDW did/does. i missed them in the package. universals fit fine now and slop is gone.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:27 AM   #5457
Tech Adept

Hi Guys, has anyone had issues with the bd in the heat as soon as the temperature rises say 50deg track temp the car becomes like its on ice, not a tyre issue tried various different tyres.

Thanks

Mark
prodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:51 AM   #5458
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart
Default Setup Help

I was wondering if I could get some setup ideas. I have a BD Masami edition and I am running it mostly with a spool. I have basically Chris Grainer's British National setups on the car and its pretty good. Im just looking for a little more steering on it(entry and mid corner...low to mid speed). My ideas are:
a. change to 0 degree steering blocks
b. remove washer on rear inner camber link mount.
c. Move front shock top mount in one more hole(last one).

Please met me know if there are any other ideas.

Also, I am running RP30's on clean smooth asphalt. Track varies from sweepers to some hairpin turns.

Thanks
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:05 AM   #5459
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodriver
Hi Guys, has anyone had issues with the bd in the heat as soon as the temperature rises say 50deg track temp the car becomes like its on ice, not a tyre issue tried various different tyres.

Thanks

Mark
Mark (Elms I'm assuming),

What track is this on? Some tracks suffer from heat more than others. West London can be really bad some days.

Stu
Old 06-22-2006, 08:09 AM   #5460
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to aoizip

fpart:

I assume you will run the xpress race this coming weekend. I'm running a spool also.

my setup is pretty simlir to Chris Grainer's.. i'm running white spring in front, yellow spring in the back. silver roll bar in front, none in the rear. 40wt both front and rear. i might go down to 35wt in the rear to try out.

front shock in the middle hole / rear shock in the most outter hole.
.5 ~ 0 toe in front / 3 toe in the rear

thats what i run last weekend.

~Ming
aoizip is offline   Reply With Quote