R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-04-2006, 01:26 AM   #5326
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18
HMMMMM.... I haven't have any problem rubbing any of the Take-off rims against the arms....
.. I did but it's ok now.. Raced at C.A tonight first time running the car,TQed and got second in the main.. I cant see to good at night..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #5327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxkat
.. I did but it's ok now.. Raced at C.A tonight first time running the car,TQed and got second in the main.. I cant see to good at night..
I also had a good night last night my car is fast. I was battling with Raul and Mitch in the 19t main I lead the race the whole time but got taken out by a lap down car they just won't get out of the way and won't give way don't you just hate that end up finishing 4th I think But overall my BD is awesome.

Have you tried the spool? It gives my car lots of steering and it was planted on fast turns. But it's wierd though I snap the right side of the spool under load without hitting anything.

I know some of the guys here have the same problem I'm not sure if it's deffective or what. Need help on this problem.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #5328
Tech Regular

Pops,

Can you tell me how many packs of each BX ballstud i need for a whole car?

Thanks
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #5329
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hughes
Pops,

Can you tell me how many packs of each BX ballstud i need for a whole car?

Thanks
1 each ZC-206LH Large new style BX Ball Studs
1 each ZC-206MH Medium new style BX Ball Studs
1 each ZC-206SH Small new style BX Ball Studs

1 each ZC-207HD New BX Ball Cups
One pack of the ball cups will do the car, you will need to cut the ball cups down to fit the shortened camber links of the BD.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #5330
Tech Regular

Thankyou.
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #5331
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I also had a good night last night my car is fast. I was battling with Raul and Mitch in the 19t main I lead the race the whole time but got taken out by a lap down car they just won't get out of the way and won't give way don't you just hate that end up finishing 4th I think But overall my BD is awesome.

Have you tried the spool? It gives my car lots of steering and it was planted on fast turns. But it's weird though I snap the right side of the spool under load without hitting anything.

I know some of the guys here have the same problem I'm not sure if it's defective or what. Need help on this problem.
I'm not a big fan of spools (My driving style..or lack of does not work well with a spool) I was 3/10 a lap faster with a diff up front, Would have been even faster with a one way.. I might run a nitro out their (Visalia) but I doubt it given my history with the "people" running the "show" ..Chris is cool though..
Old 06-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #5332
Tech Master

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of spools (My driving style..or lack of does not work well with a spool) I was 3/10 a lap faster with a diff up front, Would have been even faster with a one way.. I might run a nitro out their (Visalia) but I doubt it given my history with the "people" running the "show" ..Chris is cool though..
Don't under estimate the spool, with a little practice you will be amazed at how much faster you can be than with a diff. The spool has the advantages of using brakes like a diff and acceleration like a one-way.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #5333
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
Don't under estimate the spool, with a little practice you will be amazed at how much faster you can be than with a diff. The spool has the advantages of using brakes like a diff and acceleration like a one-way.
But it does push big time off power.. I just need to re-learn how to drive with a spool. I have used a one way for so long I don't break well.. I tend to let off going into the tighter sections and roll the throttle on..not the right method for a spool, It's more a point and shoot style I need to use to be fast with a spool..Or so I have been told.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #5334
Tech Master

Quote:
But it does push big time off power.. I just need to re-learn how to drive with a spool. I have used a one way for so long I don't break well.. I tend to let off going into the tighter sections and roll the throttle on..not the right method for a spool, It's more a point and shoot style I need to use to be fast with a spool..Or so I have been told.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #5335
Tech Elite

My lap time is faster with a spool than with a one-way. Co'z with a spool I can drive my car harder on corners knowing I can use break if necessary. With a one-way you can't do that you have to be easy on gas going on corners..

But then again I don't know what happen how the heck my spool snap in half.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #5336
Tech Elite

Quote:
Just put everything on the past and lets just have fun mike. We've been getting a very good turn out on 19Turn class.

And I have been running to classes both stock and 19T. I have been running my XRAY T2 on stock not impress at all you wanna buy it?
Old 06-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #5337
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

why does all the good information/tech talk come out after I decide to sell my BD. I was looking at it this morning and almost decided to keep it. Someone please buy it before I realize how much I love that car
Old 06-05-2006, 04:41 AM   #5338
Tech Apprentice

Default ANTI-ROLL BARS ON BD?

I’m wondering about anti-roll bars on BD. On the track I see many xray etc drivers using them on a regular basis.

We have ourselves not used them and neither are other BD drivers here using them. Our car is working great just now – the team driver is leading the national series in STOCK (27T). We race now during summer on asphalt with LRP VTEC27R rubber tyres. Tracks are quite large with both long streight and lots of turns in the in-field. Tracktion is mostly medium or less than medium.

I ’d be interested in hearing experiences of using anti-roll bars. Some of the BD team drivers’ setups show them using anti-roll bars.

What are the advantages or effects of using anti-roll bars a) in the front b) in the rear?
What type of conditions call for using anti-roll bars (track type / tracktion / car behaviour etc)?
jarkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #5339
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ali Graham Send a message via Yahoo to Ali Graham

Roll bars help the car carry more corner speed and corner flatter without having to resort to harder springs. I tried roll bars for the 1st time outdoors a month ago and since them I've been hooked! You can easily control the amount of bite the car has with different thicknesses. However on really flowing tracks I would go without them as they stop the car rolling smoothly round the bends. I also never use them indoors
Old 06-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #5340
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart
Talking

I just used my Masami Edition BD at my first big race. The car was awesome. I used one of Chris Grainger's setups and it was prettymuch dialed from the start. I made the A main in 19t with about 100 people there( most in that class) I was the only BD their. The Only other Yokomo was an SDW.

Its funny but the A Main had 1 yok, 1 415 and the rest were T2's and RDX's

Does anyone know where I can get another set of SDW arms. Adding them helped in the steering department!

Thanks
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote