R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #5176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko
The kit comes with 2x servo saver mounts part # BD-200P these seem to just post for the bell cranks, does anybody know how these are servo savers?

YOKO
I think you mean BD-202P, they are not servo savers they are servo posts?
The car does not have a servo saver, but you can make the CGM one fit as stated, also some have used a Tamiya servo saver.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #5177
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko
only ran Bd twice broken 2 servos, fitted a cgm servo saver and broke ackerman plate.
i have glued the outer edge of new plate. i hope this will help.
shame they dont make these out of something like ally.

YOKO
Just a little tip, you will make the ackerman plate stronger by CA ing the inside slot of holes too.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #5178
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Is this breaking the ackerman plate from big hits or little hits? Just wondering if i need to stock up on them.. I don't hit to much stuff but when i do I do it right..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #5179
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxkat
Is this breaking the ackerman plate from big hits or little hits? Just wondering if i need to stock up on them.. I don't hit to much stuff but when i do I do it right..
It would be good to have a back up plate. Be sure to CA the outside and the ball stud holes, including the holes for the bearings go. That will take a little slop out of the steering at the bearings. Not may places have tougher boards than Speedworld and we have only broken one plate in one year. That plate was not CAed. Best bet would be to use the CGM servo saver as insurance. If you don't, stock up on a couple of extra servo arms at $2.50 per pack. You get 2 arms short and long for each type of servo.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #5180
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb BD Servo saver

Thanks for all your replies.
I broke the plate hitting the side barrier on the track didnt hit it very hard, i think it was just the fact that i had full lock on.
they do seem to be very weak.
i did think about getting some made out of 3mm carbon fibre then putting a washer under the bearingso it still moves freely on the bell cranks.

Yoko
yoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:51 PM   #5181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

A quick tip for when using the CGM servo saver: use a long ball stud on it to get a better angle for the steering turnbuckle so it does not contact the bellcranks at full right lock.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:51 PM   #5182
Tech Master

I think that Rocketron is considering making some custom ackerman plates that will not break, if he can get enough guys interested. He needs a fair amount of guys interested in buying them to make it worthwhile. Anybody interested?
Old 05-16-2006, 06:58 PM   #5183
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
It would be good to have a back up plate. Be sure to CA the outside and the ball stud holes, including the holes for the bearings go. That will take a little slop out of the steering at the bearings. Not may places have tougher boards than Speedworld and we have only broken one plate in one year. That plate was not CAed. Best bet would be to use the CGM servo saver as insurance. If you don't, stock up on a couple of extra servo arms at $2.50 per pack. You get 2 arms short and long for each type of servo.
I bought 4..along with every other part than can break,Here in no track land not to many shops carry Yokomo parts..If i want to race it's at least a 45 min. drive,I'm racing the whole day..
Old 05-16-2006, 07:23 PM   #5184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxkat
I bought 4..along with every other part than can break,Here in no track land not to many shops carry Yokomo parts..If i want to race it's at least a 45 min. drive,I'm racing the whole day..
I haven't break any steering plate since I move the tierod on the bottom of the plate. But I got a couples of extras incase I needed it.

Mike,

Get some extra hinge pins you will need. and replace the stock center shaft with steel hollow shaft. Speedtech have them on stock better get now co'z this shaft is hard to come by.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #5185
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to coons88

Recently I have had a problem arise with my steering, after big impacts the right hand steering linkage pops off. I run them on the under side of the ankerman plate. Would this just be worn ball cups, and time to replace them?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #5186
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I haven't break any steering plate since I move the tierod on the bottom of the plate. But I got a couples of extras incase I needed it.

Mike,

Get some extra hinge pins you will need. and replace the stock center shaft with steel hollow shaft. Speedtech have them on stock better get now co'z this shaft is hard to come by.
Already got them.. Got them from Yokomousa..Ordered them on sunday and got them today..they rock..
Old 05-16-2006, 09:30 PM   #5187
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default POP off also

I had the same problem for a while, slightest bump or tap and the links would pop off, I ended up switching links to top and using Associated ball cups or the HPI heavy duty cups (stamped with HPI logo). Never had problems after that.

I wasn't sure if Yok made a heavy duty or grippier version.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:26 PM   #5188
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by coons88
Recently I have had a problem arise with my steering, after big impacts the right hand steering linkage pops off. I run them on the under side of the ankerman plate. Would this just be worn ball cups, and time to replace them?
Yes, time to replace them.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 PM   #5189
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
I think that Rocketron is considering making some custom ackerman plates that will not break, if he can get enough guys interested. He needs a fair amount of guys interested in buying them to make it worthwhile. Anybody interested?
Yes i am considering making these ackerman plates - BUT - they are not stock - - meaning they extend further forward like you've may have read on earlier posts. if there is any interest i'll post a picture. they are CNC machined not dremeled graphite. Oh and they have more material around the bearing holes, two holes (room for more) for steering pick up one about second position from the front of the stock location and the other further forward. Been using these since last October on carpet and asphalt not one broken YET i'm sure if you try hard enough it could break.

any interest? PM me would be easiest
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo MR4TC-BD-ackerman-plate.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-car.jpg  

Last edited by rocketron; 05-16-2006 at 11:15 PM.
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #5190
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi rocketron, can you post a pic.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote