R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #4771
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to makytc4

what do think are the best springs to use on a bd. been using the associated springs are there any differnce on using the rayspeed ones on hpi ones.

is it worth trying some of the other caster blocks from the older yokomos. plus i see some people have tried the tc4 caster blocks. how do they effect the car differnt from the yokomo ones.

tried the sdw front arms last week wicked. until i broke them.

been using the stiff top deck from shooters. do u think the stiffer chassis will be any better.

having few probs with very reactice front end into corners on carpet. will going up on oil on front cure it im using 50 wt all round .

still struggling with grip roll. think ill have to glue side walls. anything else i can do to stop it. im runnig 1.5 mm under front 1 under rear.

erm think thats a bout it lol!!!!
makytc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #4772
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

didn't someone say the center one-way eats up the hollow center shaft?

Oh, I got the car to stop breaking long enough to place second in the TC stock f-main at the roar nats. Easton took.... fourth (?) in the TC mod a-main.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #4773
Tech Regular

My lhs has the std shaft only , so thats what I will use.
He will order the hollow shaft for later.
The std shaft lasts a while running 12t anyways.
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #4774
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by makytc4
what do think are the best springs to use on a bd. been using the associated springs are there any differnce on using the rayspeed ones on hpi ones.

is it worth trying some of the other caster blocks from the older yokomos. plus i see some people have tried the tc4 caster blocks. how do they effect the car differnt from the yokomo ones.

tried the sdw front arms last week wicked. until i broke them.

been using the stiff top deck from shooters. do u think the stiffer chassis will be any better.

having few probs with very reactice front end into corners on carpet. will going up on oil on front cure it im using 50 wt all round .

still struggling with grip roll. think ill have to glue side walls. anything else i can do to stop it. im runnig 1.5 mm under front 1 under rear.

erm think thats a bout it lol!!!!

the shop in my signature has about 16 sets of the sdw wishbones instock!

http://www.microtechracing.com/code/...=9784&catid=22
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #4775
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
Yeah it seems like there's a dodgy batch about at the moment, one of mine just sheared in half at the tiniest knock. If it splits down the mould line you could probably try and glue it, other than that the 1* offset hubs seem to be stronger as they have been around a while due to them not being as popular.
These SDW shock towers sounds good, John has CML got them or is it an import job?

CML will be getting them in shortly.
Speed Passion
East Coast Bodies
John Pape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:43 PM   #4776
Tech Apprentice

Default SDW wishbones

CML had them in two weeks ago.

regards

Don
donwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #4777
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone know where I can get the bomber white belts? easton has them and was fast and so I am assuming if I have them I will be fast too
Old 03-21-2006, 12:02 AM   #4778
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

White Belts
www.precisionrc.com
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:38 AM   #4779
Tech Adept

Question...How do you guys gear a Tamiya Super Stock RZ 23t motor Im running a Yokomo BD with a 114 64p spur with rubber tires on a Med /Large sized asphalt track my track allows these motors to be used also what brushes and springs would be good for this motor any help would be greatly appreciated
noline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:22 AM   #4780
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to makytc4

yeah i know im c team sponsered by them. ordered some more.

so what does everyone think the the best springs to use. i reckon the associated ones are quiet twitchy to drive. the rayspeed any better
makytc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:09 PM   #4781
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

sorry to get in the middle of things but i got to know this. Im a big yoko fan dont know y never had the car but just love it. Im woundering on this mr4tc bd car how does it compare to the rdx and the t2 on carpet? will it have the same acceleration speed and turning abilities? does anyone run this car on carpet. im runing alot of carpet ovals with the tourning cars and prolly race a few outdoor asphault events jsut thought id get some idea what id be buying.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #4782
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by noline
Question...How do you guys gear a Tamiya Super Stock RZ 23t motor Im running a Yokomo BD with a 114 64p spur with rubber tires on a Med /Large sized asphalt track my track allows these motors to be used also what brushes and springs would be good for this motor any help would be greatly appreciated
I suggest you buy yokomo zero stock motor LR/SR for top speed. Those motors can be gear as low as 5.00 - 6.00 fdr while stock tamiya 23rz is 6.50 - 7.50 fdr.

www.gearchart.com

check your fdr there.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #4783
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
sorry to get in the middle of things but i got to know this. Im a big yoko fan dont know y never had the car but just love it. Im woundering on this mr4tc bd car how does it compare to the rdx and the t2 on carpet? will it have the same acceleration speed and turning abilities? does anyone run this car on carpet. im runing alot of carpet ovals with the tourning cars and prolly race a few outdoor asphault events jsut thought id get some idea what id be buying.
I can't refer you what car is the best because those cars you mentioned are race cars and unfortunately all cars depend on the drivers.

Here is my suggestion : look around, have a little chat, and see what kind of car most people use in the track. Confirm your decision with spare parts availability in your favorite hobby shop. By doing that you get great help and tons of spare part.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #4784
Tech Adept

Hi do any of u guys know the spring ratings for the new 'longer' yokomo springs??
tcfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #4785
Tech Regular

Default bd spool

hi, is there any difference compare to the yokomo soild spool and the tir spool???
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote