R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #4771
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 84
Send a message via MSN to makytc4
Default

what do think are the best springs to use on a bd. been using the associated springs are there any differnce on using the rayspeed ones on hpi ones.

is it worth trying some of the other caster blocks from the older yokomos. plus i see some people have tried the tc4 caster blocks. how do they effect the car differnt from the yokomo ones.

tried the sdw front arms last week wicked. until i broke them.

been using the stiff top deck from shooters. do u think the stiffer chassis will be any better.

having few probs with very reactice front end into corners on carpet. will going up on oil on front cure it im using 50 wt all round .

still struggling with grip roll. think ill have to glue side walls. anything else i can do to stop it. im runnig 1.5 mm under front 1 under rear.

erm think thats a bout it lol!!!!
makytc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #4772
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

didn't someone say the center one-way eats up the hollow center shaft?

Oh, I got the car to stop breaking long enough to place second in the TC stock f-main at the roar nats. Easton took.... fourth (?) in the TC mod a-main.
__________________
www.freerice.com
Help hungry people while learning.
smojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #4773
Tech Regular
 
loopedeloop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Whangarei Newzealand
Posts: 490
Default

My lhs has the std shaft only , so thats what I will use.
He will order the hollow shaft for later.
The std shaft lasts a while running 12t anyways.
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #4774
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by makytc4
what do think are the best springs to use on a bd. been using the associated springs are there any differnce on using the rayspeed ones on hpi ones.

is it worth trying some of the other caster blocks from the older yokomos. plus i see some people have tried the tc4 caster blocks. how do they effect the car differnt from the yokomo ones.

tried the sdw front arms last week wicked. until i broke them.

been using the stiff top deck from shooters. do u think the stiffer chassis will be any better.

having few probs with very reactice front end into corners on carpet. will going up on oil on front cure it im using 50 wt all round .

still struggling with grip roll. think ill have to glue side walls. anything else i can do to stop it. im runnig 1.5 mm under front 1 under rear.

erm think thats a bout it lol!!!!

the shop in my signature has about 16 sets of the sdw wishbones instock!

http://www.microtechracing.com/code/...=9784&catid=22
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #4775
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
Yeah it seems like there's a dodgy batch about at the moment, one of mine just sheared in half at the tiniest knock. If it splits down the mould line you could probably try and glue it, other than that the 1* offset hubs seem to be stronger as they have been around a while due to them not being as popular.
These SDW shock towers sounds good, John has CML got them or is it an import job?

CML will be getting them in shortly.
__________________
Schumacher
Team Sorex
EA Motorsports
Speed Passion
East Coast Bodies
John Pape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:43 PM   #4776
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 64
Default SDW wishbones

CML had them in two weeks ago.

regards

Don
donwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #4777
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

anyone know where I can get the bomber white belts? easton has them and was fast and so I am assuming if I have them I will be fast too
__________________
www.freerice.com
Help hungry people while learning.
smojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:02 AM   #4778
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

White Belts
www.precisionrc.com
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:38 AM   #4779
Tech Adept
 
noline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 227
Default

Question...How do you guys gear a Tamiya Super Stock RZ 23t motor Im running a Yokomo BD with a 114 64p spur with rubber tires on a Med /Large sized asphalt track my track allows these motors to be used also what brushes and springs would be good for this motor any help would be greatly appreciated
noline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:22 AM   #4780
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 84
Send a message via MSN to makytc4
Default

yeah i know im c team sponsered by them. ordered some more.

so what does everyone think the the best springs to use. i reckon the associated ones are quiet twitchy to drive. the rayspeed any better
makytc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:09 PM   #4781
Tech Elite
 
Ultraspeed84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,072
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

sorry to get in the middle of things but i got to know this. Im a big yoko fan dont know y never had the car but just love it. Im woundering on this mr4tc bd car how does it compare to the rdx and the t2 on carpet? will it have the same acceleration speed and turning abilities? does anyone run this car on carpet. im runing alot of carpet ovals with the tourning cars and prolly race a few outdoor asphault events jsut thought id get some idea what id be buying.
__________________
yokomo yz-2
Ultraspeed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #4782
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noline
Question...How do you guys gear a Tamiya Super Stock RZ 23t motor Im running a Yokomo BD with a 114 64p spur with rubber tires on a Med /Large sized asphalt track my track allows these motors to be used also what brushes and springs would be good for this motor any help would be greatly appreciated
I suggest you buy yokomo zero stock motor LR/SR for top speed. Those motors can be gear as low as 5.00 - 6.00 fdr while stock tamiya 23rz is 6.50 - 7.50 fdr.

www.gearchart.com

check your fdr there.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #4783
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
sorry to get in the middle of things but i got to know this. Im a big yoko fan dont know y never had the car but just love it. Im woundering on this mr4tc bd car how does it compare to the rdx and the t2 on carpet? will it have the same acceleration speed and turning abilities? does anyone run this car on carpet. im runing alot of carpet ovals with the tourning cars and prolly race a few outdoor asphault events jsut thought id get some idea what id be buying.
I can't refer you what car is the best because those cars you mentioned are race cars and unfortunately all cars depend on the drivers.

Here is my suggestion : look around, have a little chat, and see what kind of car most people use in the track. Confirm your decision with spare parts availability in your favorite hobby shop. By doing that you get great help and tons of spare part.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #4784
Tech Adept
 
tcfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: uk
Posts: 117
Default

Hi do any of u guys know the spring ratings for the new 'longer' yokomo springs??
tcfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #4785
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default bd spool

hi, is there any difference compare to the yokomo soild spool and the tir spool???
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR4TC CGM wyl03 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 06-26-2007 04:39 PM
yokomo mr4tc pro racer57 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-07-2006 02:34 AM
Looking for Yokomo MR4TC BD1 yyhayyim R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-24-2006 07:07 PM
yokomo mr4tc i730 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-20-2005 02:51 PM
WTB: Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG! DOMOisCOOL R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-06-2004 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net